WHO IS Arkade Prince?

AllianceNJ

Spellsword
I seek to know whom this Arkade Prince is.

In Service
Lady Knight Glorianna Wyndancer Nordenn
acknowledged Lady Glorianna by his Majesty King of Valdanis.

I also send warm greetings to all of my friends whom I have not seen in many moons. I think of you often.

Lady Glorianna -
Ehhh... I could tell you. If you would like to know anything in particular ask aloud or privately. I assume you know already I do not hide much information behind my lips.

May you find peace in all your actions.
Arkade Prince

And here I thought the answer would be:

A Necromancer.

-Tieran

Tieran, stay thy dreams! Arkade needs nye be insulted in such an open place! At least leave your quarrels with him in your own dream threads where is appropriate!

Uhm, it is a dream about who he is.

I was simply speculating on the possible answers.

If you think this is somehow inappropriate, please continue to discuss that.

-Tieran

Forgive me, Tieran. I thought such broad statements, irrefutable in your own, ignorant mind were beneath you. Let Gloriana and those with something to add to the discussion take the case of Arkade. That being said, I am done for here but in pigeons.

The statement is not particularly broad.

It refers to the mindset of the particular person whom the discussion is about.

He has stated that he has no problems with others casting chaos in either their own defense, or the defense of their property or companions.

It is a very small step from "Its ok for other people" to "Necromancy is my favorite form of magic. I hope I get to be a Lich some day."

On this particular subject I think I can consider myself non-ignorant.

I have never suffered the epidemic of corruption that plagues most earth casters who do not shun Chaos. (A Pragmatists in the truest sense) I am above temptation. I see death merely as a natural part of life and do not seek to deny its arrival. My knowledge of the unknown allows me to face death without fear. These ideals, coupled with an understanding of the natural balance between Order and Chaos, explain why I have not fallen prey to the influences of what most would call "evil". Its amazing the types of steriotipical insults that fly my way. I choose to at least fight for a balance and throw myself into endless hours of reasearch in an attempt to aid in the destruction of chaos. I look for truth, and I know manny have their own version of such. So throw insults, death threats, and illplaced acusations, my Biata blood fules me. My intentions are nothing but just and pure and they drive me.

Arkade Prince

Um Mr Prince?

Its ok ta seek knowledge but yur not da first person "above temptation" that I met and you prolly won't be da last. I not sayin dat ta discourage your efforts at all, in fact learn all ya can its good ta have knowledge jest make sure it remains jest that.

Tieran,

are ya commin ta Horn's End too? :)
Jehan

Marcena said:
Has Arkade said such things?

One must actually read what he has dreamed to be certian.

But here is a collection of quotes.

I've done my best not to take any out of context.

Arkade said:
Could there possably be some way to co-exist with the powers of chaos? Theres alwase a chance, no matter how small. Do I personaly have a problem with chaos? Nay, I do however, have a very big problem with those who would do wrong with it. Could I hate the earth for nuturing the one who earthstorms a friend to death?

This begs to have several questions asked.

1. Under what condition can one co-exist with the powers of chaos?

2. Why would you want to?

3. Who decides what is wrong done with chaos?

4. How many of your friends are injured by earth storms?

Arkade said:
I am an earth caster, I am a healer. Due to the Law I will not call upon the powers of chaos. Due to the corruption most fall into and the law dispises. I have felt the touch of chaos, and it tourtures me to this day. But, I respect the powers of chaos, powers that I see equal to healing.

By Law I am blameless, by motivation I am just. Calling upon the earth is a way to aid, calling upon chaos is a way to defend. I will condem no one for calling on chaos. I have pride in knowing the power I hold within.

His reason for not calling upon chaos is that it is illegal. Eventually I am sure this child will travel somewhere it is not.

Chaos is not equal to healing; it is its opposite.

Chaos is not used for defense. Chaos is used to kill, to corrupt and to wither.

He will condemn no one for calling upon chaos. That is enough for me to label him necromancer.

Arkade said:
Ultimately I seek justification for those who would harness chaos to do good.

I have this to tell you though, chaos dose not taint this world, ignorance, unwillingness, closed minds, and the "Intelegent" races taint this world!

Chaos cannot be harnessed to do good. This is not a point to argue. This is a truth.

Arkade said:
I said that I would not stop one who calls on chaos, I would not condemn them.

As I have said previously, this is enough.

This whelp is a lich waiting on the proper scrolls.

Arkade said:
If I saw a stranger call on chaos to kill a bandit, I would care little. A bad man would be dead and IN MY OPINION the balance a hair closer.

How far is the step from "Someone else using chaos is ok" to "Its ok for me to use chaos"?

In my mind, not a very big one.

In short, I stand by my initial statement.

-Tieran

Jehan-

Maybe. Depends if I have something I need to do there or not.

Or if I fell I need the entertainment.

Anything fun to do out there?

-Tieran

He has made clear that he is well within the law to do as he does and I do nye think that he should have to prove him innocence where he does but seek knowledge....perhaps where others were afraid to.

Its not a question of fear.

Its a question of stupidity.

The earth takes care of its own. By his own words it has made one attempt on his life. I'm sure it will not be the last.

And I must say, I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were done here?

-Tieran

It appears that I need yet at least try to defend my friend. What sort of person could I call myself if I did nye?

-Tieran

I'm sure theres not much I could say to convince you that I'm not a Necromancer, or future Necromancer. It is true, I study the undead and seek knowlage through lore. Though you openly accuse me, or come very close to doing so, I will not shun you. If you were to aproache me in person I would talk with you as if we were friends for ages. Hopefully, some day I may have the honor of meeting you and all the others who have treated me unfairly. Mayhap in late May, at Horn's End.

I for would like this talk with you Arkade.I would like to know about this lore you study and if it bears any harm to this town or it's people that I have sorwn to protcet,I would also would like to see you in person.
Thank you.

Crow-
I have hurd of you and your knight, if I'm not mistaken. Nothing but good word I assure you.

A meeting to discuss my books would be most welcome. Mayhap, if you have any of interest, I would like a taste of Valdanis lore. The road to Horns End has been a long one to say the least. Some new material would do me well.

May your flesh never feed the dead.
Arkade Prince

tieran said:
Marcena said:
Has Arkade said such things?

One must actually read what he has dreamed to be certian.

But here is a collection of quotes.

I've done my best not to take any out of context.

Arkade said:
Could there possably be some way to co-exist with the powers of chaos? Theres alwase a chance, no matter how small. Do I personaly have a problem with chaos? Nay, I do however, have a very big problem with those who would do wrong with it. Could I hate the earth for nuturing the one who earthstorms a friend to death?

This begs to have several questions asked.

1. Under what condition can one co-exist with the powers of chaos?

2. Why would you want to?

3. Who decides what is wrong done with chaos?

4. How many of your friends are injured by earth storms?

-Tieran

1. Earth and Chaos are uniquely intwined. One cannot exist without the other. We have co-existed with both earth and chaos throughout the history of mankind, and will continue until the end of our meger existances.

2. It is not a matter of wanting to. It is how it is. It is impossible to utterly abolish chaos. The best we can hope for is to limit and contain it.

3. Officially, the law makes the final determination. In truth, every individual must deceide where they stand. Others often attempt to make this determination, forcing their will upon those around them, for it is difficult for one to disagree with an angry mob.

4. This ones a bit more delicate, as the obvious answer is none, as only undead are harmed by an earthstorm. However I have travelled many realms, and seen many strange things. For instance. On the plane of chaos...only chaos heals, earth spells cause harm. However, on this plane of existance, your question has merit.

Back