Will LARP for food.

kitsune85

Artisan
Ok.

So now I'm in a bit of a pickle since there will be no catered food at the event, which means I assume then no food at the event.

Seeing as I don't want to repeat the event last year at Camp Minsi where there was nothing for me to eat there but biscuits since I rode with others, does anyone know of a close place to eat?

I know there is a McDonalds, Burger King, and Perkins at Tunkannock, but these are about a half hour drive from camp.

Is there any other reccommended restaurant that is closer to the camp?

Jim

There is a great italian place (I think it's called Original Italian Pizzeria), we go there after every event. Also Stables, a little "mom and pop" diner-type resturant. There are also a few places around the Price Chopper shopping complex.

I recommend the Italian place. That's actually where the catered food comes from too. Great food, awesome service, good prices, and it's about ten minutes out.

I think you'll be able to follow the crowd to the Italian place. I know I'll be going and I don't want to have to sit all by myself...

there is also a McD's in the area.

Last time for dinner we fetched pizzas from the Italian place they are talking about.

There are also small coolers and packed food typically found right in your own refrigerator!

I find those to work brilliantly. ;)

one loaf of bread + one jar of bread covering* = food for event

* peanut butter/ butter / jelly / ect

Tim

I personally love stopping on the way in to pricechopper and picking up one of those rotisserie chickens. They're awesome.

-Ali

That pizza is great and cheap (about $10 for a lg pie). This means a lot comming from a guy who lives and eats NYC pizza. A Lg pie here is about $18-20...

Hmmm...

I'll have to see whether I want to pack multiple sandwiches for breakfasts and dinner of go to this Italian place.

Is the Italian restaurant near Montrose?

(I usually take route 29 through Tunkannock and then at the second blinking light I make a left to the site).

Jim

My suggestion:

Pack for breakfast and lunches at least. Lots of stuff happens in the morning/middle of day.

I will be packing for breakfast and lunch since I don't know if there will be any snack stuff.

As for supper, I found how to get to Original Italian Pizza, and I think after Saturday Logistics I will travel there.

If anyone is going there, please let me know when I'm at the site.

Maybe there can be some caravaning of rides or even getting a group table.

Jim

Back