With Regrets

cymryc

Squire
To any who have not already heard

a bright light was extinguished early this morning, Solomon Maxondaerth; Sheriff of the Crossroads of Andar, permanently died

Regretfully

We were defending the Tavern and the town from Dark Dwarfs and some accursed undead creatures and they rushed the tavern and he went down inside. I went in to do what I could but I failed to do anything but get myself killed as well. We were then both raised as undead and when I woke up Polare was standing over me I survived Solomon did not.

I don't know what else to say......

Hawks

I am having a tough time dealing with this right now. I am very sad that he is gone forever, yet extremely angry at those who killed them, and fustraded that I wasn't there to help. I feel that if I was there, he may not have died. I will be morning his loss for a while. He will never be forgetten. :(

:evil: (yells out) SSSSOOOOLLLLOOOOMMMMOOOONNNN!!!!

His colors will be hung from the tavern at every gathering I attend in the tradition of my homeland (and many others). He will not be forgotten.

A number of us were in the Midnight Raven on Sunday morning. Several small groups of Dark Dwarves arrived and attacked with little effect, but then returned in a larger group with casters. Resources of those in the tavern began to be strained. The final group of Dark Dwarves arrived with the Reverse Lifeforce-d Lich we had encountered earlier in the weekend; they were dealt with as well, but the Lich revived just as more Dark Dwarves arrived with additional caster support and a Skeletal Undead that reflected all magic thrown at it.

Solomon was struck down in the Tavern. We had not the strength remaining there to reach him at that time, so we retreated through a side door. We attempted to retake the Tavern a few times but were rebuffed each time, running low on resources (runners were dispatched to collect assistance from elsewhere in town by this point); a number of Life spells had already been used.

Both Solomon and Captain Hawks had been created as Undead zombies at this point by a Dark Dwarf caster, and I managed to pull them away from their allies down a side path. I took down the Dark Dwarf caster with my last offensive spell and quickly struck down Solomon (as I knew he had been dead the longer time), but as I reached to activate my last Life spell on his body, he vanished into dust - it had been just over five minutes since he was first slain. I was able to use my Life spell on Captain Hawks instead, as his time was not yet quite up.

Even if I had been able to strike down both Solomon and Hawks in time, I had only the one Life remaining, and I do not know that there were other Life spells which could have reached us in time. Knowing Solomon, he would have wanted me to Life Hawks first, had I had a choice; Solomon has expressed to me on many occasions to Life others before him in the past. His courage will never be surpassed, and matched by few.

Solomon Maxondaerth died defending the town he loved. He will be remembered long for his bravery in the face of overwhelming odds.

In great sadness,
Baron Polare Lissenstine

Kasuni, before his untimely death, Solomon had been transformed into a Mystic Woodfolk, but that is a separate and longer tale. He was, in time, to becokme the successor for the Vale's current Guardian. During the funeral we held for Solomon, the Guardian came to tell me they had a tomb prepared for Solomon. Polare and Shae agreed that he would be happy to be interred there. The Guardian explained that it was supposed to be his tomb, but he instead let it be used for Solomon willingly and seemed, to me at least, honored to do so. The Vale had chosen Solomon as one of its own.

Within two months time, a gathering of woodfolk will be had to honor and remember Solomon. It pains me and my Guardians to see my sucessor in eternal slumber within the tomb constructed for myself. This land has been scortched by this turn of events and my students will use this as a lesson for all time, no matter how skilled we may be or think we are, none of us are truly immortal and even though this land is riddled with pain, suffering, necromancy, and death, find time to enjoy even the simple little things. A bird flying against the warm summer sky, the smell of blooming flowers, even the memories of a friend taken should it make you smile. Keep hold of those, for when it is truly dark and you are all alone, it is those thoughts that will bring you through, not the sword at your hip or the magic in your palm. I pray my words bring you just a bit of peace.

Creeping Moss
Guardian Elder

* A swirling mass of shadow, with multiple eyes, talons, arms, and other appendages that defy symmetry, or any established laws of nature*

"...I made him a promise, one I intend to keep, I'm going to kill all of them...
every
last
one

by the time I am done dark dwarves will be a race that will not be found on this plane of existence...and if they keep going at the rate they are I will travel across the stars to wipe them out of reality altogether...those of you so inclined can help... or you can get out of the way".

Re: ...

krieger said:
* A swirling mass of shadow, with multiple eyes, talons, arms, and other appendages that defy symmetry, or any established laws of nature*

"...I made him a promise, one I intend to keep, I'm going to kill all of them...
every
last
one

by the time I am done dark dwarves will be a race that will not be found on this plane of existence...and if they keep going at the rate they are I will travel across the stars to wipe them out of reality altogether...those of you so inclined can help... or you can get out of the way".

I'm in.

Give me a location and I'll get you in, too.

Re: ...

krieger said:

every
last
one

Krieger,

Say when.

Say where.

I'll be there if you need me.

Myself and Xavic are in, we may be new here but this is our home and they threaten it and those that live here. Fight to the end, we are in.

Tanis

These are dark times. In our time of need, this land was darkened further by his loss. We mourn his passing, and celebrate his life. We are a few, against many. Many times have I seen Solomon take those odds. I do not see why we should not take them now.

We have been made fools of, allowed our guard down, and been struck hard; in our homes, in our families. Now is the time for rebuilding. Shortly, the time will be for Vengeance. Even now our voices build on the wind. There is anger. There is fear. Have no doubt, our enemies hear, and anticipate our coming. They will expect retribution. They will not expect the Storm.

We must come upon them with such swiftness and ferocity that they have no time for recourse. We must bring such fury that they falter, and we must exploit every weakness they give us. We must bring the fight to those that are responsible for these actions and remove that Serpent's Head. Generals, soldiers, nobility, these Dark Dwarves will fall at our feet.

But we will not genocide. No exceptions.

~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

Back