[.11] Wither

Naomi

Artisan
The new wither states-
"When struck by wither, the character must choose to be offensively withered or defensively withered'.

This seems like the target makes the decision. I feel like that should be the casters call, but the incant doesn't allow for that.

Also, if it is the targets choice, do you need to announce which you choose? I'm assuming no, but I am hoping the wording of the 'wither section will be clarified more.

Thanks!
TC

I think that because Wither got an upgrade (an individual Wither is now way more powerful than 1.3 Wither), the victim got a choice in order to balance it a bit.

Target's choice seems significantly weaker than the old stun limb design.

+1 for clarify.

It is indeed the victim's choice. The victim need not announce which they choose, they just start being affected by it. This is similar to the old "Wither" if no limb was announced (the victim got to choose, and they didn't make a verbal saying "OK, my right arm is now withered").

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. I think it might be good to condcons making it casters choice though.

So if you get withered twice you have no offense or defense? or you can choose the same every time? also this makes it so wither only requires two hits to take out a opponent rather than 4

When you get withered a second time you get to choose whether you are offensively or defensively withered again, overwriting the previous wither and re-setting the timer.

Back