Within the Earth Circle of Nelix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

It's heard before it's seen, a quiet voice wailing in frustration and pain, with a large shimmer within the circle the adventurers fleeing Shaundalar being to apparate and the wailing grows in volume and intensity.

"NOOOOOO YOU FOOLISH MORTALS" screams Siegart as their bodies simultaneously coalesce, "YOU UTTER FOOLS AND COWARDS, ALL THOSE PEOPLE.. ALL THOSE PEOPLE.." he tries to continue but his voice gives out as tears roll down his face, his eyes swirl with emotion and his knuckles crack as he grips them, the tension forcing them white.

"WE HAD A PLAN TO SAVE THOSE PEOPLE, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD TO LEAVE EITHER WAY BUT THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN SAFE." the Tari Nor continues, stepping out of the circle and addressing those few huddled around him. "WE'RE ALL NOW RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF THREE CITIES IN AS MANY YEARS, HOW LONG WILL IT BE UNTIL YOU REALIZE THAT THE UNSPOKEN WERE RIGHT. YOU'RE ALL DOING AL'ZOON'S JOB FOR HIM YOU PITIFUL PITIFUL YOUNG MINDS."

Taking off his father's helmet you can see the flush in the man's cheeks, going right to the point of his ears, his own anger threatening to overtake him as he struggles to lower his tone.

"I imagine you will all have the same arguments that you always do. The nobles told you not to do it, it's not your fault, you didn't want to kill people even if it meant those people would kill a hundred innocents. I have stopped caring to hear them, I am finished with this motley crew. You are now the cause of the death of a dear... -dear- friend of mine. I hope I never see any of you again."

Turning the Tari Nor begins to walk away and stops momentarily, "I am angry, and I do not mean the words I say to a small few of you, those of you hopefully know who you are. But I'm done. Hopefully we won't meet again in your lifetimes and if we do, I hope this horrible tragedy weighs heavily enough upon you to make you actually think about it for once."

With that the Tari Nor leaves the small room, never to be heard from again.

"Siegart!" Billin calls out, but it is too late, the Tari Nor is gone.

"I'm just a blacksmith," Billin mumbles softly to himself. Then a stoney face settled itself on the dwarf and he looked to find Elwind.
Sporting the elf in the crowd Billin walks to him saying "Tell me again why the plan changed from crippling the unspoken in the area to hitting lesser targets?"

Billin finds the young elf outside of the circle of power. His usually jovial and lighthearted expression replaced by furrowed brows and damp eyes.

He turns when he hears his friend call to him. Wiping his eyes and steeling himself he responds.

"We did indeed have a larger scale attack plan. A plan we came to through terrible deeds and hard work but when it came time to put those plans in place our numbers were far too few to make that plan a tactically sound decision. At the behest of Lord Xerses we went through with a plan that was possible with the forces we had available."

Taking a deep breath he attempts to compose himself.

"Those missions went through exactly as planned. I will attempt to leave my own personal sentiment out of this but needless to say what has happened has been a tragedy for everyone involved. It should never have come to this... Seigart is right... the blame for this rests on many shoulders. As much as the many free spirited hearts in our group would protest we require much greater oversight and regulation in the days to come. We clearly cannot be left to our own devices..."

At this he attempts to excuse himself from this gathering.

"You are right," Billin says as he takes a defeated sigh. "It is not right to take my anger out on a friend. In the future perhaps we should deal with things quicker."

"We will speak later" Billin says as Elwind excuses himslf.
Not knowing what else to do immediately, Billin also leaves, in look of a room, not much more will be done this day.

In his 165 years Jinn had never felt rage as he did in that room, not just from Seigart, but building within his gut as well. Images of the things he had done were flashing just behind his eyes, as memories of the past few months showed him parts of himself he had never wanted to see.

He lifts his head to watch Siegart storm out, hoping they would meet again, as he had grown to see him as not just a friend but a mentor in many ways.

'I have time of my side' Jinn thought to himself, but little solace was taken. He looked around the room, seeing the faces of all the people he had grown to care about in the past year, but felt nothing but anger.

"He is not wrong, and you all know this! I said the exact same thing the night before!" Jinn's voice strained, trying to stay below a yell. "We know they were massing, we knew they were getting stronger! We had been killing them for months, but because a Nobel says not to, you can just wash your hands of it? I spoke of all those innocent lives that we would be leaving to the dogs if we did nothing, but because a Nobel says not to, your conscious is clear? The things we've done... the things I've done..."

Jinn's voice trails off as a single tear falls from his face, the full realization hitting him. Every act committed, every life taken, every they had done in the past few months was for naught. Every horrible thing he had done, that he knew was for the greater good, was for nothing.

"If we had been left to our own devices then none of this would have happened. We knew what needed to be done, and we were willing to do it. But was human hardheadedness that made us abandon our plans, and Nobel shortsightedness that decided that the uncontrollable should be left alive"

Jinn looks to the door and back at the small group again.

"We were never supposed to be the hero's, do not kid yourselves. We are not here to do good deeds, but we are here to do them for good reasons..."

With that Jinn walked out of the room, in search of a strong drink.

"Why....why the hell didn't we backlash the ritual?" Ruki asked to no one in particular in the room. "Are we so important? Are the lives of 20 of us worth more than the hundreds that are being slaughtered in the Fort?"

He headed for the door, he didn't want to be around these people right now. "For far too long wherever we go, we leave ruin. We leave, and wash our hands of what happens. But not me, not this ******* time. I'm going back to the fort, I'm going to save who and what I can. I'm cleaning up the mess that WE made, the mess that many of you will just walk away from and laugh about in a few weeks." He took a deep breath and sighed, "If this doesn't bother you, ask yourselves, why are you here? Why are you fighting? And if you can't come up with an answer, then leave. Don't come back."

The human slammed the door behind him and started the long trek back to the Fort. The action, or more accurately the inaction, weighed heavily on his spirit. He could have stopped the ritual...he SHOULD have stopped it. No more. No more would he compromise on what he believed to be right...laws, nobility, and consequences be damned.

Just a quick OOG Note: It takes 4 days to travel to Nelix from the Fort. Therefore I will be closing this post until Thursday morning.

(3, 2, 1... lay on)

A now all too familiar feeling having settled in his gut Tengu looks steely eyed upon those around him. "Actions have gone too far once again," he thinks to himself. "Discordance, lack of organization and communication leading to situations such as this cannot continue."

Shouldering his belongings and the items gathered from the Earth Circle he shoulders past those around him muttering under his breath, "Not again. Not bloody well again. This must change." Hoping to find Master Bota and the others who had set off by foot and mount he heads to the portal and enquire on those who have passed through recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back