Within the Ogre Head: A grizzled figure rests (Open Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeus

Artisan
With a sprinkling of snow and gentle breeze, the streets of Calanhelm are bustling as they normally are this time of year. No rest for the wicked, nor blessed alike, as everyone has something to do during these harsher months. A figure with a blue cloak makes his way slowly through the streets, his face obscured by his hood, and his frame covered by a soft white fur shoulder cover. Entering the Ogre Head, he seats himself at the bar without much to say, places a coin down and requests a drink before solemnly pulling out a small black codex.

The figure begins to write in the book as his drink arrives rather quickly, quickly thanking the barkeep by placing a silver coin down for them. Slowly reaching to his hood, the figure removes it gently and places the drink towards his lips. Some people recognize him, others seem to pay him little mind, but the hush tones at the bar are clear and his name is spoken in those whispers, "Mobeus".

Mobeus sighs for a moment, placing his hand in his left satchel and pulling forth a beautiful notice inviting him to this very place in a few weeks hence. Tracing his hand over the filigree, he smiles briefly, "It does my heart well to know you are still strong and vibrant, hosting us rabble for so many years." briefly his eyes become somewhat glassy in appearance, he tenses and bites his lip and closes them firmly for a moment before placing the missive back in his satchel as if trying to actively keep his composure.

Cecilia Kent is wiping the bartop with a clean rag. She gets Mobeus his drink, and watches as he pulls his invitation out. "Almost that time of year, I guess." She seems rather subdued, even for her usual low level of energy.

Mobeus nods his head, "Seems to be every year, long as I can remember coming here. Do you think it will be a grand affair, or cozier like in some moments we've had in past?" he sighs for a moment, "These events have the power to change the entire world as we know it, it was at once of these that Parson's Breach was first broached as a subject and our interim leader was murdered.. leading us changed hands and the young people trekked forward with hopes high of serving the King and the court. We've gone through an intense amount since then, so much hardship, so much toil, so much death and sometimes worse." he rubs his arm gently for a moment, "I dare say there are so few that made that trek back then, and fewer yet who know the whole story, especially when new ones are created every day. We cannot allow this dream to die, no matter how stacked the chips are, no matter how dark the shadow, or the utter depravity of our enemies, we need this..." he clutches that card in his hand once more, "We need this."

For a moment Mobeus turns away from the bar, shrugging off the bit of wet snow that seems to cling to fur, before waving his hand a moment, "I overspeak.. and over.. feel.. sometimes. Forgive me for wandering off in my thoughts and speech, I just have so much to look forward to from so much that once was. I am feeling older than I ought to, and have many years left to this wonderful world... yet I still want to..." he bites his lip and closes his eyes again pained a bit, "Be free to cry a bit sometimes.. for everything we've also lost."

Cecilia shudders a little at the words "death and sometimes worse" before changing the topic slightly. "Based on the gossip I'm hearing, I think you might be in for a smaller affair. I don't think Victoria gets a chance to see the adventurers as much when her place is crawling with nobility, and she can see them any time." Now that she's back together with her merchant boyfriend, she's also been privy to more conversations about who has been ordering wine, and when. "Should be a good night to relax and catch up with people."

From within the crowd a figure is walking quickly. The top of what appear to be a tree branch can be seen moving along. He sometimes stops to pick up some leaves falling as he walks. The man turn the corner and walk quickly toward Mobeus. I have not seen you in a long time. How are you?

Mobeus shrugs for a moment, "As well as can be expected Mr. Bioforte.." he takes a sip from his drink before asking, "Are you coming to the engagement yourself? Or are you here on Earth Weaver duties?" he flattens out his cloak against the stool he is seated upon, distracting himself slightly from the crowd in the area, and the casual bar noises.

Is someone getting married? Anywhere I go there is always Earthweavers business. I considered going away and retire this winter but I wanted to continue my studies. They are taking longer than I am used to.

Last edited:
Mar yawns as he stalks into the bar "something warm to drink but nothing with alcohol I'm only taking a break" he says softly not glancing at the other two quite yet "join me at a table boys?" he asks turning his head to look at the other two finally his eyes tired the smells of an alchemy shop clinging to his cloak "It's been awhile mobius I was almost afraid your grown tired of our company" Mar jokes his tone slipping back to being a little playful.

A young orc sits in the back corner of the bar, near the fireplace, slowly nursing his drink. It had grown colder outside and he was still not used to this weather. The tavern had become an impromptu second home for the time being, as the less time spent out in the elements the better. He watched the 3 men chat across the room, recognizing two of them. His keen eyes cause the reactions of some of the patrons after the first man removed his cloak, someone of some importance he had to be. For now Zul'rhok was planning on staying in his chair, but perhaps he would see what the hushed fuss was all about soon.

Mobeus stretches for a moment from his seat and stands himself up, "No Mar, but sometimes I grow weary of my own. What is out and about these days, what is your great threats... I've been traveling and news comes so seldom to me without a lot of effort." Mobeus stops for a minute and muses, "We should really tip that delivery person for finding me in that place... for sure." Mobeus casually scans the room, noting several patrons he doesn't recognize but doesn't seem to lose his stride in speaking, "And no... Engagement as in an Event of Importance. Bota, you are older than all the trees around here... sometimes I wonder when you will learn the customs of us short-lived
ones." he grins playfully, before taking another gentle sip from his drink.

Mar nods getting the 3 of them a table "there's some things that really shouldn't be said in public but i'll give you what I can" he says eyeing his drink for a moment before taking a sip savouring the feeling of the warm beverage on his throat "The guardians of the lux kicked us out for causing too much trouble for one. At current only 7 of us are allowed to enter the lux freely we may bring guests but they are under our supervision etc. We're still fighting Alzoon right now I believe we're pursuing a lead regarding putting the soul in that dragon construct back into a proper dragon so we can secure another ally" another sip a soft sigh as he marshals his thoughts "the guardians of the lux still send us missives asking for help I'm assuming we can get our little band back in their good graces expand the list beyond the named seven. "

Mobeus ponders for a moment, "Proving ourselves? The Guardians of the Lux must surely realize the real threat that is looming, many of us have had a large number of trials and tribulations that tried the very depth of our spirits and minds, and they ask for more?" he rubs his arm gently, "I've spent my share of time adventuring to help this world, and will offer aid where I can to this endeavor, certainly... though I believe there is much in the gaze of the rest of the world that we must be cognizant of." placing his codex on the bar, he begins to write in it from what is spoken, "What sort of aid is needed?"

"yes well much good will was destroyed by the guilds and freelancers bringing in vast amounts of looters to the lux" Mar replies softly "it was poorly supervised and ill controlled and caused a lot of damage. the point now is to show them that our little band is more responsible then that." he chuckles and puts his drink down "though we caused our share of problems. Some miners let waythoon a greater litch out of his prison so we had to put a good bit into smashing him and destroying his pyhlactary" he hmmms "we rescued Elspeth freed her from the nightmare elemental then put her mind together again she's not a greater fae lord on our side"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back