Woodland Park, CO WEATHER for Apr 2016 Season Opener

Traceroo

Rogue
Official Message from your Safety Marshall here, aka Debbie Downer! Sorry to rain on your parade of enthusiasm - or in this case, snow on it - but I want to make certain that everyone checks the weather for Woodland Park, CO before you head to the event this weekend - ESPECIALLY if your vehicle does not have 4WD.

Good predictions for weekend weather are Sat highs near 35, overnight lows near 29, alternating rain and light snow. Heavier predictions for the weekend suggest up to 3" of snow in Woodland Park, and a very large storm moving onto (not into, I mean *onto*) the whole northeastern part of CO and then some. Sun looks to be cold and snowy with a slow drive home.

Now, we know CO weather predictions, and we know this could mean anywhere from T-shirts in a few flurries to Snowmaggeddon -- My advice as your Safety Marshall is: Pack your T-shirts and snow shovels just the same!

Switch out the car for the SUV if you have the option. Make sure you've still got your brushes and scrapers in your car. Consider bringing a broom, snow shovel, and pet & environment friendly snowmelt for the stairs of your cabin. Don't sacrifice warmth for style with your costume!

Cold and wet weather outside means more time to catch up on roleplay inside with intermittent runs outdoors to go warm up! The event is still going to be awesome because we've got awesome company!

Trace Moriarty
Safety & Weapons Marshall
Alliance Denver

Official Safety Marshall post:
For the Apr 2016 Season Opener ONLY, Alliance Denver will relax its restrictions about driving your car through the campsite during the event. Normally, if you need to leave site early, we request that you schlep your belongings down to the parking lot so that your car doesn't disrupt the immersion and flow of game play. This weekend only, with threat of snow and dangerous weather, if you feel that you need to leave the site early -- please be courteous about not mowing down our field battles with your monster truck - because we frown on that sort of thing - but drive your car right up to your cabin door if you need to.

My car has 4WD. If the snow starts getting bad, and you need someone to ferry you between your cabin and your car in the nice flat parking lot, please don't hesitate to pull me aside to ask me for a ride. I'll be playing Lola the swamp witch this weekend -- dreadlocks, rotten teeth. Just ask.

Trace Moriarty
Safety & Weapons Marshall
Alliance Denver

Only if you have a legit cow catcher on your vehicle. Bonus points: Works for DR, too! :)

T$

Back