Words to the men of Harbors Far

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Men of Harbors Far,

I have a few words to speak to you all, and may you lend an ear (though not a pointed ear, I am sure). I will address you individually, then I am sure you can bombard me with your retaliation, as I am sure you will.

For James:
dragonfire8974 said:
hahaha, mister elf, it was a simple joke meant to get a rise out of someone. and you sir fell for it!
A joke, eh? Because, of course, the easiest way to make anyone laugh is to act like a scummy racist. I'm sure there are just as many people besides you laughing at that as there are stone elves laughing, if you get my drift. If you think such things are funny, go take it up with people who might laugh... say, the Corrupt.
dragonfire8974 said:
you got too offended for this to be any sort of joke anymore
Oh, because getting angry because someone insults your race is getting "too offended"? What would you have wanted me to do? Say "Well gee, I think you're pretty hilarious for saying you don't want to speak to members of my race! Har har har"? Not so much. Any sort of racism, be it big or small, is not cool in my book, and any amount of it is enough for me to give you the response I did.
dragonfire8974 said:
i was also baiting the military guy hoping he would come up with more excuses for what they do.
If you have nothing better to do with your time than simply instigate conflict between people, once again, I recommend you go somewhere where people might want that talent.
dragonfire8974 said:
how do you think i got the name inconceivable, eh?
From being an inconceivably ignorant fool.
dragonfire8974 said:
...elves....
I'm sorry, do you have more to say, or did you just feel like saying the name of my wonderful race for no particular reason?

Now, I have never met you, and unless you can atone and give me good reasons for what you did other than, "I was just joking and trying to get a reaction", you better hope that I never will meet you.

To Lok:
Lok said:
a RACE of many is marginalized by the crown because of the actions of a few. sounds pretty racist to me.
But alas, I speak not of the crown, I speak of your buddy James.
Lok said:
you want to talk about racist? i am the last human you should throw that at.
Out of curiosity, may I ask why?
Lok said:
i plead with you now. take that back or there WILL be a problem.
Once again, I spoke not of you, but of James, and, as I specifically made clear in my earlier statement, I still gave him the benefit of the word "possibly". There is no such argument between yourself and I.
Lok said:
Gandian- You still owe me two silver.
Oh yes, I owe you some money on a highly informal bet. Yeah, I'm just waiting to pay you, and you're doing a great and highly respectable way of making that payment happen. Oh wait, no. You're not. I have more than half a mind, no, a complete mind, to keep my silver because of the things you've said to me, including the possible threat I quote above.

To Zell:

David_Aselrik said:
I would just like to go on record saying that Gandian Ravenscroft is possibly in the employ of a dark wizard determined to overthrow the king, possibly a necromancer who plans to raise a necrotic army of skeletons and possibly plans to kill all goats because he is possibly a racist.
You are lucky I recognize your statement as a ruse. Once again, however, I have never see nor spoken to you before, and I say you have no right to make such statements, however false. To the wrong ears, I could be imprisoned or obliterated.

Well, I feel I've said enough for now. I now prepare myself for the onslaught of words that are about to attack me.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Let's go with people of Harbors Far. We have women in our ranks and if you address one member of Harbors Far you address us all. That also clears up you just talking to one person rather than others. Furthermore you did address us all. If you look back to where I quoted you in the other post you would see you mention all of Harbors Far. James puts on more of a ruse than you think. He is a mystic wood elf. Even though he would deny it to the end. *leaning in to whisper* He was kicked in the head by a horse. *leans back* Why am I the wrong human to consider racist? You've obviously not seen the array of creatures present in the ranks of Harbors Far. As more of our brethren catch up you with see that we have more than one elf in our midst and in my own family. Also with Harbors Far having been a roving home we acquired citizens from all shores. Now i'm going to ask you one last time. You have the ability to deescalate this entire situation. Just recant the comment about the people of Harbors Far being racist. Please?

-Lok of Harbors Far.
PS Gandian you still owe me three silver. <-interest.

OH yeh and you did mention the military so in turn you mention the crown.

Lok, i think i owe you 5 silver. I was sure he wouldn't do this a second time. i guess i was wrong

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

PS Gandian, you owe Lok three silver

Lok,

Ah, but alas, I am sorry for the misconception about to whom I was referring: I was speaking of the people from Harbors Far I have heard from, who, incidentally, are all men. Sorry to any women or others I may have included/excluded. I should clear my easier statement up, considering I did not mean all people of Harbors far: I was just referring to other I had heard from, and I do not believe all people of Harbors Far are the same and, therefore, I do not have the same opinion about them. I shall state it as I believe it: I did not mean to say that all people in Harbors Far are racist. I hope there shall be little trouble between you and I, Lok. (As for the military, I brought it up, but I spoke of other matters there, not the crown being racist).

And if it makes you feel any better, I might give you some silver at our next meeting. Two, at the most. ;)

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

what can i say to this?

well first off, the military guy, as much as he is a respectable man, is looking at the issue in purely black and white colors. I'm sure he knows that there are more complicated situations than would call for that. he was also insulting more than just a few of my new friends. thus i am inclined to let him fall off his high horse. but you made that no fun, that was what i was referring to.

and just to make it clear, you thought i was a racist because i don't generally talk to elves? I guess the joke of my actually being an elf is lost on you. you have taken away yet another thing that entertains me.

I have no want to meet you. And i don't like it when people threaten others, its just childish.

and Lok is beyond reproach by you.

James,

I find it odd that neither of you mentioned the fact that you are a form of elf before! As I say, I have never seen you, and when communicating in this somewhat ethereal way, it is often difficult to determine one's race. I now realize that a good deal of my statements sound ridiculously foolish now. For that, I am dearly sorry, I admit it. Should you and I meet, despite even if you do not want to, I may have some form of pardoning gift to give to you to help repay my shortsightedness.

As far as the threats go, the only threat I have truly seen here is Lok telling me that if I didn't take back my words, there'd be trouble (meaning no offense to you, Lok). If you are referring to my last sentiment in my words to you, I merely meant that only more argument could come from us meeting. Even if I believed you foul, as I did, I would never have turned to violence against you. I save that for the Corrupt.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Ah, I forgot: What do you mean by your last statements about me being a child, and that thing about Lok? As for being a child, there is a possibility that I may be older than you, for I am older than I look and sound. But that's of no matter.

~ Gandian

Thank you Gandian. I hope there will be no trouble between us at all. I'm sure my sword will fight along side yours again and my healing may even aid you at a time. Just to clarify i did not say trouble. I said there would be a problem. With James as my lawyer I leave that up to interpretation. Safe travels. Peace be with you.

-Lok of Harbors Far.
PS Your words give me the warm fuzzies, but Gandian you still owe me 3 silver. :lol:

i know to those who haven't met me, i haven't exactly made myself out to be the best of elves, i understand how you got there. and my irreverence doesn't seem to be appreciated as little as i'd like it to be. so neither annoying or intelligent i have made myself out to be. so you had recognized. sadly restraint and intelligence are generally boring. and yes... it was a mistake to call you a child. i was hoping no one had heard that. i am farrrrr in the wrong to imply that such a long lived being as an elf could really ever be young when they left their homes.

-James the inconceivable of Harbors Far

and I don't care for gifts, and don't hold a grudge. I don't need you to prove that there is no problem. i can figure that out if we ever meet. A wise man once said something pertinent i'm sure. but i'm sure he wasn't having fun when he said it

For a lawyer folk ya do seem a lil' confused. You am not be an Elf. Dhat like me callin' mahself a Human...an dhat jus' foolish! a Tribemen would NEVA say dhat. Far as I know dha onla Elf in dhis conversation be Gandian, and dha othas be a Human, a Mystic, an now a Tribeman.

An Gandian don' owe ya any money, I pay fo' him debt of 2 silva. From what I be know'n bout money if dha interest not be 'greed on before dha debt made dhen dhere aint be none. Ya 'ave ya 2 silva soon 'nuff.

-Hengin

I was planning to offer him something else I have instead of silver, Hengin, but, if you're willing to pay for me, I got no problem with that. You know how I like to keep my coins, after all.

~ Gandian

hahaha... do you wish to make it official that you are going to take on Gandian's debt to Lok? just say the words, and i will write up the draft

i wouldn't call you not human. i don't even know you, but i doubt you're that cruel.

Lawya man I done be sorry if ya not been hear'n me. I AM payin' Gandian debt of 2 silva.

An if ya know what be goo' fo ya, ya bes' not call meh a Human. Cuz I ain' one, I am of dha Tribe t'rough an t'rough. Jus' as if ya be a Mystic ya not be an Elf, dhat jus' crazy tah dhink dhat a Mystic Wood Elf be an Elf...it like a Dwarf be Hobling! Ha!

Gandian I more dhen 'appy tah cova dhis debt, as ya be 'elpin me more dhan ya know frien'. Stay safe, till we see each otha again.

-Hengin

(Note that in Alliance LARP races are completely distinct, so a Mystic Wood Elf is completely seperate from the Elf race. Some people would even like to see there name changed to show this distinction. Even Stone Elves are TOTALLY different from Elves, and to call a Stone Elf an Elf may be seen as an insult.)

Why thank you, Hengin. As for me helping you more than I know, does this have to do with the deal I made with you the last time I saw you? If it is, I guess I do know. At least part of it, anyway.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Well dhat be true, haha. It seem you do know :) Hopefully I be hav'n some 'elp tah give ya soon 'nuff.

-Hengin

i have no problems with you taking on the debt. Just as long as Lok has no issues, we can make it official. always have to track these things formally less there be some misunderstanding in the process. nice and clear cut, but better when we can put it on paper. i will have the contract ready for the next time we meet. on copy for you and one copy for me, just to make sure the amounts and the terms are agreeable and correct.

again... another missed joke. in-humane? not human? anyone get the leap in logic? no? ahhhh maybe its me. but no, i'm not telling you you're not a tribesman, Hengin

2 silver works. Very nice of you Hengin. I think this is all getting a bit out of hand. That or it's getting into too many hands? Hmm. Either way I just want the money from the bet.

-Lok of Harbors Far

Another Harbors Far member in the ranks!!!

I am one of the women of Harbors Far you failed to mention kind sir. If we are going to get all huffy about racism, well let's just start pulling out all the shots such as sexism, classicism, ageism, and what not. Harbors Far was the first country to take me as I am, and I have nothing but gratitude for that. Everyone else I encounter sees me simply as a healer and/or a woman.
-Eviana of Harbors Far

Back