Work to Do

Mathis

Scholar
My friends-

Thank you for all your hard work this past gathering much was accomplished. I will soon start a new list of concerns for the coming gathering, but for now let me show you all that your work accomplished.

Over the past few months I have traveled around the Kingdom of Dragonreach, primarily in the Eastlands Duchy, to survey areas of concern. My primary focus has been on actions needed to weaken Bleak, but also eliminating other extra-planar influences that threaten the area.
The following is a list of tasks that I have made as a result of this survey. I ask two things of you, first if you have concerns you wish to add to the list, let me know. We are a relatively small force of adventurers and cooperation is needed to truly make a dent in these issues. Second, if you want to assist in dealing with these issues let me know. I will do my best to leave some work on the job board, but I may also have Contracts that need completing. This is paid work.

The List (Re-re-re-amended)
  1. Assist in dealing with the current situation near Valbridge: The initial incursion of the Gecki was driven off and the town now has the protection necessary to deal with the Towers permanently (More information to come in a separate message)
  2. Fighting off the Bleak Dead (Various areas around the Kingdom): Much was learned about the efforts to defeat Bleak over the weekend (again another message is forthcoming). Perhaps most important is that Bleak's attention is focused elsewhere for the time being, so if you can travel north through the Mists to aid Arden, your efforts there will help weaken Bleak for the coming battle.
  3. Assisting the Kingdom's army in preparations: Done, the kingdom can now begin making preparations to assist in the eventual battle against Bleak
  4. Assisting the Drevik: More information is coming from the Drevik, though they have much to give to us in compensation for work already done before we will focus on their needs.
  5. Nation-State of Foundry: There are areas near the Foundry city that require clearing out so that they can engage in regular interaction with the rest of the Kingdom. Certain adventurers are already obligated to clear some of these areas. These obligations need to be met.
  6. Swamp of Senility: Done, the swamp and adjoining areas of the kingdom were freed from Salt's influence
  7. Dwarfholme: Scouting reports from Ardos and company indicate that the Drevik and dwarves are busy rebuilding.
  8. Placker Bugs: SUCCESS! After many attempts a solid method for weakening these bugs has been found. Now we must simply replicate the results on other hives. If someone has time to scout the most powerful hives perhaps once those are dealt with, an ally will be able to mop up the lesser threat.
  9. Waymaker Network: Only two Stones remain until the network is fully operational.
  10. Horticulturists in Hent: Work continues on seeking out a long lost name.
Please Note:
In addition to the above items I am also seeking adventurers who are skilled in teaching to assist me with the training of soldiers. I am seeking those with knowledge of Archery, Scouting, Offensive Spellcasting, and Military Tactics. You would need to commit time between gatherings to these tasks for the better part of a year, but I will compensate you for your assistance.
Finally, I have a number of personal tasks that I may need assistance with in the coming months. I will be in touch with a number of you personally to ask you for your aid. I recognize that no one person can do everything necessary to keep this area secure, so if there are things that you need assistance with please do not hesitate to let me know and I will do my best to assist you.

Travel safely,

Sir Mathis
House Emerald Flame

Last edited:
Mathis,
These towers are causing problems for the Barbarians and Gypsies who make their homes in Valbridge.
I humbly request that the adventurers help with this. Baron Minamatsu and myself are moving men to engage any armies that might appear from these towers.
That being said, we'll need help figuring out what's caused them to appear, and why weird things pour out of them at times.

Also, there's a lot of general help needed in the area because of the towers. We could use people to help solve problem all around Valbridge.

If you can guarantee that the tower situation is not going to escalate, and people around it will remain safe, I will help train your men in scouting.

I talked to Syver about some of this some while in Arden a few weeks back. I hope he shared that information. If not, I'll be around early Friday night.

In service of the people,
Jared Silverstar

Mathis

For the record I have interests in the Duchy of Hent. Anything that I can do to aid that cause, even if later rather sooner, I would be interested in. My prime problem with resolving some of these interest is transportation in that area.

You know, you would really think I should know where the Duchy of Hent is, yet actually I don't... Even with three separate maps (although two of them are for the Eastlands). Is that where Garmont or Hardridge are? I have codes for there... Hmm... I don't remember the horticulturists either. What are the problems with transportation? Is this separate from everyone going to Valbridge? Sorry for being a little out of it. I'm pretty busy with a number of the other items on the list, but would like to help out with that one if I can/have time.

-Radi

Last edited:
Radi-

You can get to the "Duchy" of Hent, by going through the mists outside of Asyl. I doubt that your maps contain any mention of Hent as while it shares some historical ties to Dragonreach, it is not part of the kingdom.

Travel safely,

Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Oh right. That's where Stonerest is... I should have known that.

-Radi

Last edited:
Mathis,

My plan worked and it crippled a Placker hive. We need to finish it off this market day or it may recover. This plan is repeatable, so if anyone feels like killing bugs, there's work to do.

Cpl. Syver

Syver-

Thank you for the good news. We'll make it happen.
When you say crippled are we talking distressed, distracted, or devastated?

Travel safely,

Mathis

Pretty devastated.

The queen is currently eating her own soldiers to have the energy to replace all her slain workers. All we need to do is head in, dispatch any un-eaten soldiers and kill the queen. If we strike quickly, the queen wont have the workers to move the tunnels on us, and run away. I expect some measure of resistance from remaining soldiers, but it should be a pretty straight forward plan. If we delay, the hive will recover enough workers to play "hide the queen" games again, and slowly re-coup all the eaten soldiers. Since they remember everything, my plan would not work a second time on this particular hive.

I do not have any special knowledge on how to kill a Placker queen, if anyone has knowledge on that, it would be helpful. Right now, I imagine weapons to the face will get the job done, but if their is a more efficient way, please let us know.

-Cpl. Syver

Jared- I will coordinate our efforts. If you could provide scouting reports so that I can people to the situations where they can be of the greatest assistance that would be helpful.

Syver- Wow, good work. Lets make sure to get this right. I seem to recall that non-mind effecting alchemy was useful in dealing with the bugs and that the queens are so large that they cannot move on their own, so archers would be handy.

Raynn- Get me some details and we'll help where we can.

See you all soon

Mathis

If any celestial casters feel like preparing a magic storm that would also help. Also, having the mystical energy to make it worthwhile would be sweet too.

Cpl Syver.

Syver,
I'll see if Trellis is planning on preparing a magic storm. Destroying these placker bugs once and for all would be fantastic.

Mathis,
I think Raynn and I are going to go on an information hunt. We'll let you know if we find anything interesting.

-Radi

I will have a Magic Storm ready?

-Fredrick Crawford

That would be perfect Fredrick!

Just to clarify, Cpl. Syver's plan has effected a single hive which will allow us to kill a single queen. It has not put us within a single battle of dealing with them permanently.

Syver, is your method something that we can employ quickly, at this gathering, to as many hives as we locate or is this simply the completion of an initial test at the end of which we could proceed in locating and afflicting more hives to be finished off at future gatherings?

Lukas

Lukas is correct this was an initial test on 1 hive. Certainly a strong beginning but not the end.

The overall plan could be repeated for every hive we find given enough contracts and explosive traps.

However after the bombs go off we have to kill the Queen relatively quickly. So I would not want to go through and bomb every hive and then go back and kill all the Queens. We should bomb a hive, kill the Queen, rinse and repeat.

Lukas, I'll fill you in on the specifics at the gathering so you can take this ball and run with it. I don't think I will be at the gathering after this one so I would not want things to stagnate.

Cpl. Syver

Correction, I'll tell anyone who wants to know. I just know Lukas really hates these bugs and would follow through.

Cpl. Syver

Mathis,

There are still problems with the Circle. Carlisle's son is up to no good in South Plainfield Heights south of the capital city. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Circle, they are a group of human supremacists (nobles included). It appears that Carlisle's son has created some sort of poison or disease that is killing off all of the non-human races in South Plainsfield heights. Barron Bohmer is creating a potion that will hopefully cure and prevent this disease.

I could use help from any adventures who are willing to find these items:
Winter Rose
Mist Berry (Have already collected)
Root of Treant

Spider Venom (Have already collected)
Grove Leaf

Also, if you happen upon a woman named Mia Carlisle, incapacitate her immediately and bring her in for questioning. Not all of the Carlisle family is corrupt, however, Mia and Carlisle's son are. I will be going through my notes Friday evening to see if I have his son's name written down somewhere.

~Mary Allgood

Oh I guess that makes sense. There are a lot of bugs. Well regardless, it's nice that we'll be able to kill off one of the hives.

-Radi

Back