Work Weekends at the Faire Play Site

Greetings!

With the first Alliance HQ event fast approaching, we are planning for two work weekends in April. These will be held on the weekends of April 10th and April 17th. Please do not show up before 10 am on Saturday. You may sleep over Saturday night if you wish. There is space, but please bring bedding and air mattresses/sleeping mats as per an event.

We will be working on general cleanup for the beginning of the season and some improvements to the site. Bring clothes you don't mind getting a little dirty. A good pair of gloves is also encouraged.

You will be rewarded with very generous goblin stamps for both your work and drive time. You will also be allowed a pick from the LCO magic item list. You must pay for the pick with goblin stamps, but you can earn enough goblin stamps in one work weekend to get a nice item.

Please let me know via this post or through PM if you can make it. It's through the work of past volunteers that the site has come as far as it has, and it will only improve through the work of future volunteers.

Regards,

Scott
President - Faire Play, Inc.

Matthew and I can most likely make the weekend of the 17th. We'll end up getting there around noon, if that's not too late?

If anyone wants to donate something --

Last year, Heidi and I redid our kitchen and our old kitchen cabinets are in our garage now. We need to get them up to the site to make the Faire Play site kitchen better! If anyone wants to donate a small U-Haul or otherwise has access to a big truck, let me know!

The April 10 work weekend is coming up quick. If you have not contacted me about coming up, please do so asap. We need to know in advance how many people are giong to be there so we can plan projects accordingly.

Thanks,

Scott

Last minute!

Scott came by and picked up a lot of the cabinets and I have some in my Element, but if anyone is going to the work day tomorrow (April 17th) and has room in a vehicle, please call me tonight! 570.420.5757

neat.

What was the big trench getting dug for. Drainage? that would be awesome

Better - electricity in the cabins!

better electricty is also awesometastic

Fearless Leader said:
Ezri said:
Better - electricity in the cabins!

Yep. You don't want to see overhead wires in a medieval setting now, do you? ;)

hmmm.. will this limit the mobility of the cabins now? I had heard it talked about before that even after the electricity was put in they would still be mobile (we could use the forklift thing to re-arange the town when we got more cabins).

if so, it's a small price to pay to have electricity, and this is not me complaining, just being curious.

Hey Rob, the way i ran the wire underground does allow for the cabins to be moved, but it involves "as always" more time, money, and effort to expand the trench and continue the wire underground to a new location. As it is ran currently, there are 10 circuits underground, running to a main junction box, where then 2 circuits run to each cabin to allow for ample electricity to run a heater, lights and almost anything else you would like to plug in. This leave four circuits in the box for the further expansion of 2 additional cabins, and i have a system in place to pull more wire down if needed. I also installed an additional 100 amp panel box so that the cabins will be separated from the barns panel box. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to email me with any questions, as I don't do boards often. Looking forward to the new season!

Back