Workplace of Convenience, Cannibal / Reagent Augment Clarification

Pendrag

I am not sure if the Workplace ritual is still being worked on / Converted but im looking for a bit of Clarification as to how the Cannibal / Reagent Augmentations Mechanically function.

For Cannibal, it says :
  • Cannibal: User may pay the coin cost of any production created by the Workplace with the following instead of coin: any production at cost,
Dose this Mechanically function as being able to use the PP of a crafted item to help craft something you are trying to construct? it seems like the Copper cost of production was dropped in the 2.1 rules so i am not sure what its purpose would be without that aspect of crafting anymore.

For Reagent, it says :

• Reagent: 50 coppers, Ritual Scroll: 200 coppers, Catalyst 500 coppers. Change will not be given, but the cost may be spread among multiple batches.

for this I am not sure what direction this is intended to go? dose it mean you can guy a Ritual scroll for 200 Copper, or that it functions like Cannibal in which a ritual scroll can be "sold" for 200 Copper in Production. if it is the later then i would have the same question as with Cannibal regarding how that mechanically functions now that the Copper component of crafting was removed?

Also if there is still a Coin component to Crafting would you mind clarifying where it is in the new rules, i looked all over and i couldn't find a description anywhere enhance the above assumptions.

For purposes of the 2.1 Beta, Workshop of Convenience will still allow production items, reagents, ritual scrolls, and catalysts to be turned in in place of Crafting Materials to pay for production using the Craft Adventuring Equipment abilities at the following rates:

Production Items: PP value in CM
Reagents: 5 CM
Ritual Scroll: 20 CM
Catalyst: 50 CM

There is no direct coin to PP item capability in 2.1.

Right. The Cannibal augment lets you turn stuff into fuel for crating stuff.
Note though that when you Cannibalize (for example) a ritual scroll, you do not get 20 Crafting Materials, you get the ability to use your CAE pool as if you had 20 CM.
Basically, you just don't get change.

When you say you dont get change, dose that mean that if you only have a CAE pool of say 10 PP and you use the ability on a ritual scroll, it will only fil your Pool up to its max and the rest is lost? or dose it allow you to use the full 20 but if you dont make something with it then it drops off and is lost?

Right. The Cannibal augment lets you turn stuff into fuel for crating stuff.
Note though that when you Cannibalize (for example) a ritual scroll, you do not get 20 Crafting Materials, you get the ability to use your CAE pool as if you had 20 CM.
Basically, you just don't get change.
So Follow up questions regarding another Augment for Workplace of Convenience.

Additional Skill Reads.
  • Additional Skill: the Workplace functions as a production skill workshop for an additional production skill chosen at Ritual casting (may be chosen up to 4 times)
dose this function as a combination of two workplaces or as a boosted version of One.
Specifically in relation to number of users.

If you have a Workplace of Convenience that is both a Smithing workshop and an alchemist workshop, dose that allow 1 person to use smithing and the same or someone else to use the alchemist but only 1 each? or dose it let only one person use it but it would effect them as if they used both a smithing and an alchemist workshop, or dose it only allow 1 person to use it and it gives them the option of using it for smithing or Alchemy but they have to choose which they want the effect from at the time of use?

Addendum, if it only allows 1 person to use it but it effects them as if they used both. i.e. doubles there PP for Smithing and Alchemy, if you also get the additional user augment i assume it would function the same for the second user as well?

So Follow up questions regarding another Augment for Workplace of Convenience.

Additional Skill Reads.
  • Additional Skill: the Workplace functions as a production skill workshop for an additional production skill chosen at Ritual casting (may be chosen up to 4 times)
dose this function as a combination of two workplaces or as a boosted version of One.
Specifically in relation to number of users.

As I understand it, the "Additional Skill" and "Cannibal" benefits are all separately available to each "Additionlal User". For example, A WoC with two Additional Skills (Smithing [base], Tinkering, Alchemy), three Additional Users , and Cannibal would give all four possible users access to each of the three crafts and Cannibal.
  • User A could gain the Workshop benefit for their Smithing Craft and could use Cannibal
  • User B could gain benefit to Smith, Tinker, and Cannibalize
  • User C could Smith, Tinker, Alchemy, and Cannibalize
  • User D could just Cannibalize
  • (or any combination thereof)

¿Does that cover all your permutations?

When you say you dont get change, dose that mean that if you only have a CAE pool of say 10 PP and you use the ability on a ritual scroll, it will only fil your Pool up to its max and the rest is lost? or dose it allow you to use the full 20 but if you dont make something with it then it drops off and is lost?
You can repeatedly refill your pool up to the number of points of the item turned in, but you can't turn in a catalyst, use 10 of those points now and save the rest for later.

So another bit of a technical question on this one again. I know Normally a workshop is not a steal able Item and I believe it is also not destroyable.
However, if you use this ritual to give it the Portable or Mist-Touched ability, dose that open it up to being Vulnerable to either of those?
For instance if you make a Workshop Portable and someone comes across its tag while routing through your stuff can they Legally (in mechanics terms) Steal the item, or is it still considered an un-steal-able asset like a house would be?

The workshop is still a building/structure, regardless of its ability to travel within and between chapters, and would not be stealable.

Back