Workshops and Workplace of Convenience

With the changes in 2.1, what will happen to already existing workshops and/or Workplace of Convenience? Will be the player get reimbursed the gold cost or is it just gone forever?

The answer of what happens specifically is in Flux. That being said, there will be some kind of compensation for players with these items

Apologies for the delay in this response.

Workshops will be able to be exchanged for a <Crafting Skill> Toolkit, with the Crafting Skill matching that of the original workshop.

The specifics of the conversion from Workshop of Convenience to Toolkit of Convenience are still being worked out.

It is being addressed as part of a larger overhaul to the ritual system that should finalize by the time 2.1 goes into effect.

Would there be an option to refund the workshop for the original 10 gold instead? Because if my math is correct, it doesn't cost 10 gold to make the toolkit.

The specifics of the conversion from Workshop of Convenience to Toolkit of Convenience are still being worked out.

It is being addressed as part of a larger overhaul to the ritual system that should finalize by the time 2.1 goes into effect.
Is this "larger overhaul to the ritual system" going to be public, playtested, etc., or is it just going live come June 1st with 2.1?

I won’t speak to specifics of the work in progress, but the majority of it is tweaks to verbiage to make the wording 2.1 complaint.

There’s some things that have already been altered per the previous beta updates, and that verbiage needs to be updated.

There’s a few lingering rituals that ARC would like to take this opportunity to update.

And there’s potentially some new things.

All of that should be able to share the 2.1 go live pending chapter owner approvals.

ARC does not plan to continue a game-wide playtest purely for ritual updates.

I'm wondering the same thing as Venrick, will there be an option to just be refunded the gold? Or possibly another superior crafting item, besides the toolkit?

With the differences with the toolkit vs the workplace of convenience, my character doesn't really benefit from using the toolkit all that much.

Thanks!

Would there be an option to refund the workshop for the original 10 gold instead? Because if my math is correct, it doesn't cost 10 gold to make the toolkit.
The Treasure Policy cost of workshops and toolkits are identical.

I'm wondering the same thing as Venrick, will there be an option to just be refunded the gold? Or possibly another superior crafting item, besides the toolkit?

With the differences with the toolkit vs the workplace of convenience, my character doesn't really benefit from using the toolkit all that much.

Thanks!

There does not currently exist a way to sell back workshops to Logistics within the rules, and one was not added, but they can definitely be transferred between players.

I would suggest to you both that you try to find another player that is interested in purchasing the workshop.

If not, it is definitely something that you can bring up with a chapter owner to see if they are willing to make a proposal to allow for workshops to be turned in for coin.

Back