Would like to try playing.

Vovix

I have decided to give LARPing a try. What should I do if I want to NPC at a weekend game?
It would be nice to get a reply soon, so I could participate in next week's game.

You should hop over to the seattle boards (www.alliance-seattle.com). It is 20 dollars to npc and an additional 10 dollars to be part of the npc meal plan. You can declare you will be attending and whether you want to be part of the meal plan there. If you have not read the rule book yet I would highly suggest picking up the digital copy at www.alliancelarp.com, it is cheap (5 or 6 bucks I think) and taking look through that to get a grasp of the combat basics and some of the effects you will be lobbing at PC's all weekend (don't worry about memorizing every effect and rule, there will be plenty of people willing to help and explain things at the game). Luckily, as an npc, you don't need a whole lot to play. Monster camp supplies the weapons and costuming for npc's all weekend. Really you just need a few changes of all black clothing (weather appropriate), bedding (sleeping bag, pillow), sundries and a towel for showers... and plenty of socks... I would also suggest rugged foot wear. I hope some of that helps.

First off, welcome!
For foot wear, sneakers are frowned upon, stick to hiking boots or costume boots if you got em. If you only have sneakers try to stick to black. Avoid clothing with obvious logos.

In seattle it really depends on the event. If you are part of the npc guild it is usually free. Oregon has been free for npc's in the 3 or 4 events I have attended of theirs.

Howdy!

Andy (Cpt.MarcusNelson) had a good suggestion, our main form of communication with our players is on our chapter's individual website, and you can sign-up and access those forums here. We do keep an eye on these forums as well, but we get much more traffic there, and most of our players use it as their primary form of communication between games.

NPCing at Alliance Seattle events is $10 per day, so $20 for a normal event (Friday to Sunday is two whole days, not three). This cost includes food, as well as insurance, site fees, and a portion of all of the other sundry costs of being at the site and running the game. In Alliance Oregon, the game itself is free, but you pay an additional fee for food. If you're under 18, we can get you a parental waiver, otherwise, you can sign the necessary forms at Logistics when you check in.

Having a good grasp of the rules would be awesome, but if you don't, you'll definitely still welcome. As Andy said, you can get a digital copy here for about $6, but even if you've never seen the rules in your life, you'll probably have the hang of it in the first few hours. No one knows all of the rules at their first game anyways, so it's not expected.

To NPC, you'll want to make sure you have mostly black clothing, preferably without obvious markings/pictures/logos on them. Your best bet is probably black sweat pants, but if you really have to, black jeans. Avoid blue jeans and white shoes. You'll be much better off with boots or dark colored shoes. Make sure you have a pillow, toiletries, extra socks, a towel if you plan on hitting the shower, and something you can layer on (something with long sleeves is good to have, it'll get cold at night). Also, bring some extra socks.

We'll provide costuming, but if you have some of your own that you're comfortable in, bring it along. We also supply weapons, props, makeup, masks, and meals for Friday Late, Saturday Morning, Saturday Night, and Sunday Morning. There will probably be 'grab and go' lunch as well, but plan on having your own snacks. We'll also have soda/juice and bottled water on hand. You'll need to bring your own pair of extra socks.

Game will start sometime between 8pm and 10pm on Friday. We try to get going as early as possible, but with many people not getting off work until 6pm, starting before 8 or 9 isn't really feasible. We'll be at Brooks Memorial State Park ELC just north of Goldendale, WA for our April 15-17th event. (We don't normally use this site, but we will be there this time.) You might be able to carpool with someone to save gas, try posting on the Seattle forums if that's something that interests you.
If you have any other questions, just ask!
~Matt,
General Manager, Alliance Seattle

question if one has gobbys for Seattle do they need a membership in order to cover events? and if so whats the cost of the membership? an answer back asap would be great as i'm sending of a box of donations to night with a friend driven up to your game this weekend

kittenpunk2 said:
question if one has gobbys for Seattle do they need a membership in order to cover events?
Yes.
kittenpunk2 said:
and if so whats the cost of the membership?
$15 / year. You can pay via Paypal if you want by sending it to allianceseattle@gmail.com
kittenpunk2 said:
an answer back asap would be great as i'm sending of a box of donations to night with a friend driven up to your game this weekend
Hope this was quick enough. :)

Back