Writeup question

wowy319

Artisan
So, I was thinking about my writeup, and I realized that the off-season is a very long period of time indeed. If I wanted my character to do more than one thing with this time, would that be okay? Say, for x months I was on patrol with the navy, for x months I went and visited a friend, and if there was any chance to do so, join up with some cool fun stuff provided by plot? That sort of thing. Would it be allowed?

Sure, but it all depends on the timing and what your character hopes to do.

To expand on that a bit:

You're really allowed one major action at a time; how long it lasts depends on what it is. If you're interested in doing multiple things, you can certainly include that in your sub, just be aware that our goal with over the winter stuff is really to help tie loose plots from the previous season into the dark tendrils of the upcoming arcs. It is easier for us to do this for groups, so group subs receive more effort and are typically both longer and more polished than, and stuff that's personal and not plot line related will typically get less.

That said, if you submit something like "I visit my best friend Lisa and have one of her famous pomegranate breadsticks" and I happen to have been considering ripping off Greek mythology (again) there's a chance you could end up trapped for the winter in some sort of nether realm, involved in some sort of twisting of the fates and and centrally located in a major plot line: ask Kelsey.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
That said, if you submit something like "I visit my best friend Lisa and have one of her famous pomegranate breadsticks" and I happen to have been considering ripping off Greek mythology (again) there's a chance you could end up trapped for the winter in some sort of nether realm, involved in some sort of twisting of the fates and and centrally located in a major plot line: ask Kelsey.

Kelsey is Persephone? intriguing...

That could go badly for everyone involved...especially the breadsticks...

If I can add to the questions in this thread, I'm new and was wondering if there was a link describing the "write up". Is it in the Rule book? I was wondering how it works, what can be done with it, and who to send it to.

a "write up" is a general term used to speak about any submission of actions one might send to plot inbetween events. For example, if you play Random Fighter guy and you want random Fighter guy to go out in the woods to track down your evil werewolf nemesis between two events, you would write to the plot team where the action would be taking place and let them know that is your intent.

As a general rule a write up should be more of a "I would like to do or try to do this" rather than a "this is what happens". The plot team needs to be able to consider your actions and then come up with a response of what would happen if you were to fail or succeed with your intent.

SO to go back to my original example. You write to plot telling them you are going into the woods to look for your werewolf nemesis.... then plot would consider this and maybe write back to you that after 2 weeks you find some mysterious tracks which you follow to a cave. In the cave you find the remnants of a home possibly dwelt in by your foe... but he is not to be found. OR they may just tell you to come see them at the beginning of the next event where they might have a special mod or RP session waiting for you so you can act out some encounter that came of your write up.

In general plot subs are sent to a given plot address at any chapter... the deadlands plot submission email is "deadlandscharplot at gmail dot com" I believe.

Back