yet another annoying question :P

how do i find out how much armor my clothing *leather bracers, leather boots, heavy cloak and tunic* affords me? Shane Macomber said he thought somewhere between 5 -10 points, if i recall right. And once i know that, how do i account for that with my Body? Does the armor add extra "Body" points? i'm assuming, for example, that if i have 10 armor points and a body of 18, that i'm going to have a total of 18 points of damage i can take before i'm down.

Cerulean Jax said:
how do i find out how much armor my clothing *leather bracers, leather boots, heavy cloak and tunic* affords me? Shane Macomber said he thought somewhere between 5 -10 points, if i recall right. And once i know that, how do i account for that with my Body? Does the armor add extra "Body" points? i'm assuming, for example, that if i have 10 armor points and a body of 18, that i'm going to have a total of 18 points of damage i can take before i'm down.

You should have been given an armor tag. If you didn't, we will straighten it out at Friday logisitcs.

Armor generally translates to diminishing resupplyable body points.

If you have 10 points of armor and 10 body, you can take 20 points of damage before reaching unconscious.

Armor is always deducted BEFORE body when determining how many points you have left until you fall over.

However, once you take equal or greater damage than the value of the armor, the armor loses 2 points of it's value.

So, if you have 10 points of armor and 10 body, and are hit for two swings of 6 (total 12), you would at that moment have 0 armor and 8 body. Upon receiving a cure light wounds spell and refitting your armor, you will have 8 points of armor and 10 body.

Diera said:
Armor generally translates to diminishing resupplyable body points.

If you have 10 points of armor and 10 body, you can take 20 points of damage before reaching unconscious.

Armor is always deducted BEFORE body when determining how many points you have left until you fall over.

However, once you take equal or greater damage than the value of the armor, the armor loses 2 points of it's value.

So, if you have 10 points of armor and 10 body, and are hit for two swings of 6 (total 12), you would at that moment have 0 armor and 8 body. Upon receiving a cure light wounds spell and refitting your armor, you will have 8 points of armor and 10 body.

cool, and what do you need to do to refit your armor/ what skill is necessary?

More involved answer than mister Cymryc's:

You kneel or crouch for one full minute and represent readjusting, banging out, and/or stitching your armor. During this minute, you may perform no in game abilities. If you are interrupted during this time (take damage, get poisoned, die) then the action fails.

You may also refit someone else's armor in this manner.

In case it wasn't obvious from Sarah's example -

If your armor is ever "breeched" (brought to 0 points), it can only be refitted up to two points below its prior maximum. For example, a 10-point suit, once breeched, can only be refitted up to 8. If it is breeched yet again, it can only be refitted up to 6. And so on.

On the other hand, if your armor is damaged but not breeched, it can be refitted up to its previous maximum. (i.e. Our hypothetical suit is brought from 10 to 2, and then you refit. It can be refit back up to 10)

jpariury said:
In case it wasn't obvious from Sarah's example -

If your armor is ever "breeched" (brought to 0 points), it can only be refitted up to two points below its prior maximum. For example, a 10-point suit, once breeched, can only be refitted up to 8. If it is breeched yet again, it can only be refitted up to 6. And so on.

On the other hand, if your armor is damaged but not breeched, it can be refitted up to its previous maximum. (i.e. Our hypothetical suit is brought from 10 to 2, and then you refit. It can be refit back up to 10)

all this info from everyone is GREAT, thank you *s*

In addition to the information already given, if you are hit by a weapon with a carrier attached, such as 6 'death', you do not take the death so long as your armor is not breeched. On the other hand, if for instance you had 10 points of armor, and were hit twice for 6 death, on the second hit you would be affected by the carrier, which in this case is a death.

And to tack one last thing onto that, Bless and Shield do not count as "To body" when dealing with carrier attacks.

as long as you're not taking damage to your *actual* body point pool, carriers aren't affecting you.

-Gid

most_precious_blood said:
And to tack one last thing onto that, Bless and Shield do not count as "To body" when dealing with carrier attacks.

as long as you're not taking damage to your *actual* body point pool, carriers aren't affecting you.

-Gid

Okay, so then what about things like a "50 slay!" *which i've been on the receiving end of frequently*.. since the 50 would be over my armor rating the carrier would affect me, but Do Bless/Shield and/or anything else negate the carrier? do they also negate the damage for that first hit?
i'm just at a loss as to how anyone survives a 50 slay, except by not getting hit, and no one is good enough to not get tagged at some point....oh, that reminds me, when you declare something like a 'slay' do you have to always use that as your first attack or can you mix it up to surprise someone? like, say, i hit someone for 2 normal, normal, and then outtanowhere, 50 slay!!

Cerulean Jax said:
Okay, so then what about things like a "50 slay!" *which i've been on the receiving end of frequently*.. since the 50 would be over my armor rating the carrier would affect me, but Do Bless/Shield and/or anything else negate the carrier? do they also negate the damage for that first hit?
i'm just at a loss as to how anyone survives a 50 slay, except by not getting hit, and no one is good enough to not get tagged at some point....oh, that reminds me, when you declare something like a 'slay' do you have to always use that as your first attack or can you mix it up to surprise someone? like, say, i hit someone for 2 normal, normal, and then outtanowhere, 50 slay!!
slay isnt a carrier actally, not in the same way death is. As to how to survive it, I like to use dodge myself, others use a magic armor,parry,riposts, pure body (yes, some people can take this) and body/armor combo (If high on armor I can do this).
When I get to the game I will try and have my book, come by the cabin and give it a read over as the rules on slay are more complicated than you think, and it might be easyer to let you read the section on PTD or prepare to die skills (slay being one of them)

Ironically, yes, a Bless will negate a carrier attack provided that the entire 5 points of the Bless isn't blown *past*. Most people don't realize that, since Bless adds body points. But it's a protection spell so there you go.

I do not believe anyone has given myself an armor tag as well since I've been playing. I know that I have at least 10 points of armor due to being in period and all and during my times of play I've been quite good about being conscientious about how much armor I had during play and when it needed to be re-fitted. In a way I was not entirely aware that I needed an armor tag, but then again it was kind of like I knew. I am still getting used to NERO and I learn someting new almost every Game Day or Event Weekend I go to.

Lhrayven Glacierwind said:
I do not believe anyone has given myself an armor tag as well since I've been playing. I know that I have at least 10 points of armor due to being in period and all and during my times of play I've been quite good about being conscientious about how much armor I had during play and when it needed to be re-fitted. In a way I was not entirely aware that I needed an armor tag, but then again it was kind of like I knew. I am still getting used to NERO and I learn someting new almost every Game Day or Event Weekend I go to.
Next gameday or event you attend, just ask a (preferablly) NPC marshal what you should be repped as as then get your 1st tag. If something complicated happened to your armor (Like it breached a lot already) talk to jim and he should be able to hammer some things out. (Also known as plot@neroseattle.com )

Kauss said:
Next gameday or event you attend, just ask a (preferablly) NPC marshal what you should be repped as as then get your 1st tag. If something complicated happened to your armor (Like it breached a lot already) talk to jim and he should be able to hammer some things out. (Also known as plot@neroseattle.com )

*nods* Alrighty then. Breached? Do you mean broken over several times of my course of playing or is this some kind of special attack or something that enemies can use to bypass your armor? Or something else completely?

Lhrayven Glacierwind said:
*nods* Alrighty then. Breached? Do you mean broken over several times of my course of playing or is this some kind of special attack or something that enemies can use to bypass your armor? Or something else completely?
Breached as in broken past 0. Each time your armor is broken all the way to 0 (breached) its value after a refit drops by 2. So if you have had it broken 2 times then 10 point armor is now 6 point armor untill you buy some more. Armor breaches can not be fixed, but you can get whole new suits IG ( One of the sourses of my IG cash)

Kauss said:
Breached as in broken past 0. Each time your armor is broken all the way to 0 (breached) its value after a refit drops by 2. So if you have had it broken 2 times then 10 point armor is now 6 point armor untill you buy some more. Armor breaches can not be fixed, but you can get whole new suits IG ( One of the sourses of my IG cash)

Okay then mine has been breached on more then several occassions since I started playing. O.O That really sucks for me.

Back