You all had better love us

A

Anonymous

The two cars that did not have Warlock's crew got home around 4 this morning having gotten stuck in Oregon by the storm. You had all better love us... 8)

-Matt

you know we all love you, and we are gald that you all made it home safely.

shane r.

I was watching that coming down last night. Ugh. Good to know you got back alright.

Look on the bright side, It won't be NEARLY as bad in April!

Glad you got home alright and stayed safe.

I feel your pain; my flight was delayed three hours and I had to fly through it. O_O Bumpy! I thought we were going to land in the water coming into SFO. I hate that airport sometimes.

Did anyone else hear about the tornado warnings in San Fran?!?

Wow. And to think we were annoyed by the few hours delay we had in Ashland. Instead of getting home around 4:00am teusday morning as we'd originally estimated, we got in to San Francisco around 9:00am. Sorry to hear you had a rough return home.

Aziraphel said:
Matt, you left when we did, I remember us passing you. How did you guys get stuck longer than we did?

Not sure. All that I know is that what I heard mid-delerium was that by the time we reached Medford (and we had also stopped for dinner and another time at a Denny's to relax in Grant's Pass) that 5 had been shutdown to those cars without chains or traction tires (read both the Suburban and the Metro). Jason wasn't confident that the Suburban could make it and with only he and Josh driving (the back-up drivers weren't able to get much sleep and thus weren't any good). We then decided to try and go back to Grant's Pass and hit 199 to take us to the 101 (since both roads are much less elevation than 5). By the time we got to Grant's Pass it was very early in the morning and safe driving was getting harder to do so we decided to say screw it and got rooms at a Motel 6 rather than drive the rest of the night. 5 was still closed unless you had chains or traction tires the next morning though *might* open up but we decided not to risk it and drove down 199 to 101. Very pretty country but it took us forever (as 101 passes through towns and follows the coast meaning it curves a lot more than 5 once you're in California).

We considered that route, but decided to buy chains and go for it on the 5 instead. We lost a few hours, but not nearly as much as you guys. Sorry, guys.

Back