You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when...

I keep spell packets within grabbing distance in my car. :geek:

syra pefferfoot said:
Libras said:
... you specifically purchase energy drinks that can be used as potion reps once cleaned and stripped.
mana_energy_potion_sixpack.jpg

They also tasted really good; got a jolt that felt like my spell slots were being refilled. :p

rofl, i love how they say mana on them thats to funny
question, whered you order em?
Think Geek, where all my dreams are.

alright, beatting the 16 year old bunny goths with boffers in the middle of west hartford center (for those of you that know the area) would have ended badly for us. Cops and crowds and all. I think you hanging out the window waving the weapon and yelling at them was enough to tramatize them. *sigh* it would have been a better story though

you ask your sugnuficant other to pass you the "Awaken potion" while pointing at a can of Red Bull she knows exactly what you are talking about.

You see groups of people walking home late at night & all you can think is "when these gob's attack can i take them on my own & what tactic would work best with this sort of group cluster?"

-M

You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when you start planning your vacation time at work around which events you want to attend...

When armor pieces are a "sensible" gift from your parents...

When you sleep with a boffer next to your bed - just in case...

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when you start planning your vacation time at work around which events you want to attend...

When armor pieces are a "sensible" gift from your parents...

When you sleep with a boffer next to your bed - just in case...

well, my boss at the cafe where i work also is into larping, fact he's the one who got me into it so its very easy for us to get away
my parents just dont understand so im never getting armor from them
and for the last one, my weapons have made it out of my car and they are in my room now :p

...when a thief steals a cellphone off your belt clip and runs off and you chase him and, for just a second, you try to remember how much damage you are currently swinging. (true story...back in 1997). :D

Whenever you are volunteered for a less than fun job, or have to answer a question you don't want to..or insert _______ here, and you respond with "evade, evade, DODGE!"

-Ali

Libras said:
syra pefferfoot said:
Libras said:
... you specifically purchase energy drinks that can be used as potion reps once cleaned and stripped.
mana_energy_potion_sixpack.jpg

They also tasted really good; got a jolt that felt like my spell slots were being refilled. :p

rofl, i love how they say mana on them thats to funny
question, whered you order em?
Think Geek, where all my dreams are.

Okay, those are the grossest energy drinks to date that I have tried. I'll just stick to Sobe Adrenaline Rush. Which is too bad, because they would make cool phys reps if they didn't cost so much for something I can't stomach.

Mmm Mana potion. Tiny, possibly radioactive, utterly disgusting bottles of pure heaven. I just wish they weren't so pricey.

My room is currently filled to a depth of two feet in pipe insulation, papier mache, duct tape, half assembled electric lanterns, trap bits, various toxic resins and varnishes, and paint. What does that make me?

A larpsmith in a small house. There is a rule that has come about thanks to working on larp gear in small places. We call it the F*ck Rule'. If, when encountered unexpectedly with a bare foot, an item would inspire one to shout 'F*CK!', it does not belong on the floor.

Examples include :
Riveting anvils.
Pieces of railroad iron pretending to be anvils.
Large hammers.
Sewing awls.
Sleeping players.
Any piece of armor.
Drinks.
Potion reps.
Large buckets of birdseed.
Leather shears.

The list goes on...

I haven't been subject to the F*ck rule in a while. But then, it takes me ten minutes to wind my way through the path to the door, which is five feet away as the raven flies. Maybe I should just try stepping on the soldering iron...

i know i have been only been doing alliance for one year so far, but i am getting really excited about the new hampshire opener in under 3 weeks.
i even had my first dream of combat this morning.

this is how i saw it : a fog had come over the battle field just after sunset casting a haze making it hard to see the coming foes but was still illuminated by the orange glow of a light on the outside of the tavern. But i knew they were there and as i crossed the battle field my grip tightend on my sword's hilt. it weighing hardly anything being recently made out of kitespar. looking to my left and right i saw my friends and was reassured as i knew they would help during this fight, and they knew i would help them as well. and then we saw them, the army that had come to destroy our town and i charged into combat.
there were some blows exchanged and i even called my 2 normal damage and messed up the wording of my slay blowing it before i woke up.

yeah, i know i know, im weird. but i love alliance alot.

You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when...
your dreams about the game and the characters include holds and rules disputes.
your dreams are in-game and with live steel but still include damage calls.

jpariury said:
your dreams are in-game and with live steel but still include damage calls.

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one. And I've only been to one event. :?
Also, when half your dresser is dedicated to spell packets, possible donations, spellbook reps, potion reps and in-period clothing. And that part of the dresser is the most organized part of your entire room.

Back