Zhat darn box!

Adventurers of Shademarch,

It has come to light zhat zhe Box of Vealth and Voe has had effects beyond zhose immediately apparent. During zhe last faire day, the box's spirit (or vhatever you may call it) had a direct hand in zhe death of at least zhree people. I submit to zhe adventuring community zhat zhis box is a zhreat vhich ve cannot ignore. Furthermore, I propose zhe following zhree actions:

Firstly, I propose zhat ve centralize all zhe information ve have on zhis box. It vould be ideal if somevone vould volunteer for zhe task of gazhering vhat zhe town as a whole knows about zhe box. I vill do my best until somevone else can take charge of it. Along zhose same lines, anyvone who knows anyzhing about the Box, contact me and let me know, eizher by letter or via zhe dreaming.

Secondly, I propose zhat a small team scouts out the Box. Zhis is zhe trickiest part, so it is zhe part zhat I vill be heading up myself. I already have a team mostly compiled, but I am still in need of a tracker of a hunter. If somevone vould like to volunteer for zhis, please contact me. I vould greatly appreciate help in zhat area.

Lastly, I propose zhat anyvone at all interested in zhe Box keep zheir ears open for anyzhing zhat could possibly be zhe box. Specifically, I vant to know if zhe Box has appeared before and vhat effects it had zhen. Also, any tales about zhe Box or stories zhat sound similar vould be of note as vell. If somevone or a group of somevone vishes to do zhis, please contact me. I vish for zhis operation to be as organized as possible.

If anyvone can zhink of anyzhing else zhat could be done at zhis juncture, please let know. I mean to end zhis zhreat as qvickly and efficiently as possible.

May you alvays find tracks leading you tovards zhe vandering tale,
Roy Gallentine

When time come I wish to destroy box with Roy. It should of been done last market day. But someone wanted dumb door open.

I hate mist.
-Kendra

It would be ill-advised to destroy the box without first learning more about it. While SEVERAL problems can be fixed by just smashing them, this is not one of them.

-Fredrick Crawford

Kendra_1stBarb said:
When time come I wish to destroy box with Roy. It should of been done last market day. But someone wanted dumb door open.
Exectly. Again, vith zhe opening of strange magical things zhat somevon took great care in closing. Ve are lucky zhat vhat vas behind zhis door vasn't more devastating.

matrim1985 said:
It would be ill-advised to destroy the box without first learning more about it. While SEVERAL problems can be fixed by just smashing them, this is not one of them.
Zhen come vith us, Fredrick. Learn vhat you vill vhile we are zhere, but zhis is ending as soon as possible. It nearly killed my brother. I only vish to return zhe favor.

Frederick,

Vhile logic like Scorch's usually confounds me, I'm inclined to agree vizh zhe spirit of his argument. Using zhe Box is vhat made zhis mess in zhe first place. I'm not inclined to repeat zhe mistake.

Kendra and Scorch,

I velcome your enzhusiam in zhis cause, however I could truly use your help in searching for zhe Box. At zhe very least, I implore you to keep your ears open for rumors of zhe Box returning.

Roy Gallentine

You know, if you all really want a nice box that bad I could probably just make one....without the litching....and friend face stabbing....and such....I could even put some coins and stuff in some of the drawers if you want that 'horray free money' feeling.....

-Jehyu

I agree vith Frederick for zhe fact zhat ve need more information. Zough zhe only reason being to find zhe best vay to destroy zhe box. Zhe box has brought far more voe zhen zhe vealth. It has killed five of our fellow adventurers and zhree of zhem being my familia. Zhis is unforgivable and ve must destroy zhis zhreat before it brings harm to anymore of our friends.

Regan Vrabie Maska

Do we even know if we can destroy such a powerful item? It might be too strong for our normal conventional methods and we may even be required to cast a ritual to destroy it. Do not get me wrong, the box contains powers that MUST be destroyed, but I would hate for us to go in, only to find out that nothing we do works against it.

~Icey

Adventurers die, that's what they do. The corrupt have killed thousands or tens of thousands. I don't think 5 people dieing, not even going to the earth circle, is a big deal.

Hunter Davion

Davion, you are entitled to your own opinion. However think on this. The box was able to turn Jamina into a Lich and Asher into an elf quite easily. Who is not to say the box is capable of more destructive things? Whether or not you want to seek out the box would be your own choice, regardless though it needs to be destroyed.

~Icey

Or, more likely, it was rigged up with a bunch of one shot rituals and traps to, you know, protect the treasure inside from greedy prying hands. Tell me, did you guys pull on all the drawers, open all the doors, turn all the knobs, like adventurers do? Did it just keep going and going, or did it stop after you guys robbed the whole chest blind?

Probably belonged to a dragon, is what. People got what they deserved, they learned a lesson and Now we go back to more important things.

Hunter Davion

Three think you all want break box because box is ebil that can be finded and make go away, not like Crupted which all ober and hard to stop, but box can be stop. Three not know much but hear dream words and that what is guess. Is adventurers getting not happy with small win against Crupted so need big win with small enemy?

-Panda Three

SMASH WITH HAMMER! BLOW IT UP WITH SKY MAGIC! All this talk about the how waste time. Also a life is a life if we not value even one life. We no better than Crupt. I fight to protect everyone even if i dont know them.

-Scorch Battle Bear

Roy,

I'll help you find it and help you dispose of it safely regardless of what I really think.

Fern

Davion,

I do not know much about traps, but I have a hard time believing zhat a trap can just deazh zhree people because I refuse to kill vone of my friends. And from such a great distance. Also it even purified me to counter somezhing zhat I did. It just seems like more zhan just a trap.

Regan Vrabie Maska

Sound like Dragon. We find dragon and give box back to dragon. Even if no belong with dragon, dragon powerful enough destroy if no want.

So new plan- where find dragon?

-Cho Ko Nu

Davion and ozhers,

Zhe reason I vant to deal vith zhis Box is zhat ve don't know zhat zhe effects of zhe Box are done and gone. It has also already proven zhat it is more zhan simply a ritual-effect dispenser in zhe vay it interacted vith my sister and Regan at zhe last faire day. The Box is a zhreat in zhat it distracts from and hinders our ability to deal vith zhe ozher, more important problems, such as zhe corrupt or zhe trolls and goblins. I have decided vhat I vill do vhen I find zhe Box. If you vish to come help us find zhe Box, zhen your opinion vill matter a little more.

As for zhe dragon, I highly doubt zhe Darastrix vould vaste his time making such a zhing but it may be a good idea to ask zhe Darastrix for help if our efforts prove ineffective against zhe Box. I'll open zhis up again vith anozher specific qvestion: does anyvone have a vay to contact zhe Darastrix?

Roy Gallentine

Back