Gauntlet/light xbow

kes166

Artisan
I was looking around for a crossbow for my next character and I found this. If the top of a gauntlet is open or closed foam, would that pass as safe and be usable? (It would be spirit linked to the character).
074132-1-04.jpg

I would probably allow it given all crossbow requirements are met. Specifically:
  • Only Closed Cell Foam
  • Minimum 14" length for Light Crossbow
  • Minimum 25" length for Heavy Crossbow
Note that Crossbows are treated as 2-handed weapons, so as long as you had it equipped like this I would rule you could not use any 1-handed weapons.

I'd disagree on that last point, to a certain extent. You could perfectly legally use a weapon in the other hand, same as anyone holding a two handed weapon or other item in their offhand. As crossbows are not valid blocking weapons, you would not be able to block with this or wield a weapon in the same hand wearing this, and would have to take any hit that landed on it as if it hit your arm.

I'd disagree on that last point, to a certain extent. You could perfectly legally use a weapon in the other hand, same as anyone holding a two handed weapon or other item in their offhand. As crossbows are not valid blocking weapons, you would not be able to block with this or wield a weapon in the same hand wearing this, and would have to take any hit that landed on it as if it hit your arm.

That is a fair point and good clarification. Thank you.

Yes, same as any bow.

ARB said:
A crossbow cannot be used for blocking. It is considered a Two Handed weapon for attacking purposes; in other words, both hands and both arms must be free to utilize a crossbow.

Carrying it around in one hand is fine, but both are needed to shoot it.

Have to take the whole thing off and drop it for 5 seconds.

The crossbow being on a glove should not circumvent the spell any more than a rope tied to your sword and your wrist would.

However, if it was spirit linked as they mentioned, they would not have to remove it.

Yeah (didn't reread the OP before posting), so if spirit linked, would need to put their hand behind their back for the 5 seconds.

Back