Policy Questions

Zihr

Artisan
Hello all! Your friendly neighborhood Husky here with a question for the new powers that be! Feel free to dispose of this, create a FAQ, edit the sticky thread with answers ... it's your thing, do what you wanna do.

Regarding Pages - will someone who has played in the chapter before be grandfathered in? Specifically my nephew (he plays Ghauld), he will be 18 this year. He played last year and, to my knowledge, had no problems with combat or RP. Also, will my nieces (turning 16 & 17 this season) be allowed to NPC or *only* PC as Pages until they have tested out?

The nephew may test out at the first game he attends. The nieces may NPC (and will be assigned non-combat roles) or PC as Pages. After a game, the nieces may test out.

Thank you. Next question ..

<<Pages earn XP for each event just like any other player. If they were a Page due to their age, then upon reaching the age of 18 they may create a new character with the same amount of BP and deaths or rearrange their current character with the BP they have earned.>>

Is this ONLY when an underage Page reaches 18, or will they be allowed to respec on test out as well? Also, will they get item tags as a 1st day player? I'm guessing most underage pages will be either healers or production mules, if (for example) one of my above mentioned nieces decides she wants to play a spellsword will she get weapon and armor tags for what she brings or do we have to talk to our blacksmith colleagues?

Another clarification, please.

Memberships

"Each player who attends a Minnesota Alliance event must have a membership with our chapter."

Does this mean that players from other chapters will need to pay extra to play here? I mean, they probably already have a membership in their home chapter.

(You know someone was going to ask this. Just thought I'd chip in first.)

Thank you. Next question ..

<<Pages earn XP for each event just like any other player. If they were a Page due to their age, then upon reaching the age of 18 they may create a new character with the same amount of BP and deaths or rearrange their current character with the BP they have earned.>>

Is this ONLY when an underage Page reaches 18, or will they be allowed to respec on test out as well? Also, will they get item tags as a 1st day player? I'm guessing most underage pages will be either healers or production mules, if (for example) one of my above mentioned nieces decides she wants to play a spellsword will she get weapon and armor tags for what she brings or do we have to talk to our blacksmith colleagues?

Good feedback, Zihr.

Page's will be able to respec upon adulthood or testing out.

Page's will receive weapon, armor, and production tags like any player.

Another clarification, please.

Memberships

"Each player who attends a Minnesota Alliance event must have a membership with our chapter."

Does this mean that players from other chapters will need to pay extra to play here? I mean, they probably already have a membership in their home chapter.

(You know someone was going to ask this. Just thought I'd chip in first.)

Out-of-chapter players will be required to buy a membership to play in our games. Whatever membership they may pay in their home chapters wouldn't cover the costs to host them at MN games.

Question: Do extenders (ie: Preserve Duration) count against the 20 LCO rituals limit? Or is it only the number of actual "functional" rituals on the items that count?

Question: Do extenders (ie: Preserve Duration) count against the 20 LCO rituals limit? Or is it only the number of actual "functional" rituals on the items that count?

Thank you, Alexander. Your thoughtful question has caused us to discuss this, and update our policies. The short is preserve doesn't count. Permanent does count.

Another paging question since I'm going to need to be medical paging.

Item #4 in the policy under 'page conduct' states:
"Pages may never carry in-game weapons or weapon tags."

My question concerns the prohibition of weapon tags - Does this include those that I produce as blacksmith and would normally carry for the intent of selling, trading, whatever (but not personally being used by my character for active combat)? Or are such tags considered something of a 'non-active weapon tag category' and okay for carrying while paging?

Do the Full Season Passes (either with or without blankets) include the yearly membership?

Another paging question since I'm going to need to be medical paging.

Item #4 in the policy under 'page conduct' states:
"Pages may never carry in-game weapons or weapon tags."

My question concerns the prohibition of weapon tags - Does this include those that I produce as blacksmith and would normally carry for the intent of selling, trading, whatever (but not personally being used by my character for active combat)? Or are such tags considered something of a 'non-active weapon tag category' and okay for carrying while paging?

Our intention was only to prevent Pages from using weapons, not to prevent them from serving as blacksmiths for the community, so we are removing the "or weapon tags" portion of that rule.

Do the Full Season Passes (either with or without blankets) include the yearly membership?

To separate the cost to play from the cost of insurance we did not include membership costs in the calculations for the season passes. We may revisit this next year.

Back