Why is Eternal Resolution an Armor-only ritual?

Stana

Scholar
Marshal
It doesn't seem to fit the theme... resolution feels like an "I don't need to wear armor" style skill, and it's racial counterpart Focused Resistance doesn't have a similar requirement of target types.

Feels really out of place, is all I'm saying.

We should have more armor rituals. I think there's not enough. We should have more shield rituals, I think there's not enough.

Resolute as a defensive physical power, and this as an extra bump to that defensive power feels well enough to me to justify it being an an armor slot, with armor generally being the place where defensive physical rituals go.

So to me it feels fine.

I see your point, but Eternal Resolution seems like an exception. All the other armor-only rituals are things that directly effect armor. If it was more uniform, Empower Warrior should be weapon-only, Counterspell and Magic Evocation should be spellbook-only, and so on.

Having more -type specific rituals (I'd love to see 2h, small/short, ranged specific rituals) is great and thematic, but they should apply to the -type they are part of. Nothing about Eternal Resolution is tied to needing to wear a physical suit of armor.

I agree. Empowered Warrior should be weapon only.

I look at it as a starting place. I think generally speaking it's a good idea to be wearing physical armor as a fighter now, and it's something the game generally encourages.
I actually think this is a pretty solid ritual as it generates a lot for the slot. So, by limiting it to the armor slot you're doing a couple things.

• Not allowing folks who have arcane to access it.
  • Disallowing folks to have a 1x on a coin or something in their bag.

As you need to either find a suit with this on it (and deal with whatever imperfections that suit may have relative to your build) or build your own.
Given that this is a combat heal, and on that combos with other things (Heroic interception), making it a bit less accessible generally feels fine to me.

• Not allowing folks who have arcane to access it.

Does the text prohibit activation if it’s not your active armor?

If not, I could wear a 1 pt leather bracer and use Arcane Armor, and still activate it.

I believe it was clarified somewhere that you must be utilizing the armor tag of the enchanted armor to use the armor-targetting rituals.

I believe it was clarified somewhere that you must be utilizing the armor tag of the enchanted armor to use the armor-targetting rituals.

Is this an exception? You don't need OHE to use a ritual on a sword, unless you do now.

Is this an exception? You don't need OHE to use a ritual on a sword, unless you do now.

More accurately, there are weapon-specific rituals that don’t require a weapon skill (Battlemage strike or Memory Strike). You’d need that skill for Raging Blow or any Imbuement, though.

I'm not positive about it one way or the other, but this thread here definitely discusses the "must wear physical armor to use armor rituals" subject.

You have previously needed the skill to use weapon specific rituals that were on a weapon.

If you had a mace, for instance, with a damage aura on it, you couldn’t swing the mace for damage unless you had an appropriate weapon skill.

Same with spell parry.

I think the only real exception to that was channel.

I think the only real exception to that was channel.

Spell strikes, spell store, AA, any ritual that could target <item>.

Spell strikes, spell store, AA, any ritual that could target <item>.

Tieran specifically referred to Weapon-only rituals in his first line.

He’s not wrong. Lol

Except where I quoted u talking about channel being the only real exception....which is not a weapon only ritual, so you can see how I didnt think you were referring to "weapon only" rituals.

Channel Spell is 100% a weapon-only ritual. You even mentioned spell strikes in your post, which is what Channel Spell is.

Channel Spell is 100% a weapon-only ritual. You even mentioned spell strikes in your post, which is what Channel Spell is.

This guy is also correct.

Oops. Ur correct. I don't know why I was thinking "expand enchantment". Thanks for correcting me and @tieran thanks for being an a$$ ;)

Don’t get short with me!:)

OUTCH. I didnt say u were being fat with me. Damn dude. Cut me deep :p

Don’t get short with me!:)

Btw I'm cracking up at my desk after reading this.

Edit: I'm home, still cracking up about it

Last edited:
Back