4 more years, what the heck..

Ithica

Adept
capt7113e34c6d49437f99e47764e38bb71.jpg

I think its awesome, the fact someone paid to put this sign up.

So what you're saying Mike is that it's okay to commit a crime and deface someone else's property? I would think as a lawyer you would be against such behavior.

Then again, if people were law abiding, you wouldn't have a job.

Scott

I'm actually astounded that anyone would want the guy back. I mean, I can understand a conservative wanting someone other than Obama, but Bush? Seriously?

Under Bush:

The greatest attack ever on American soil
The largest budget deficit ever
A war based on misinformation
Millions of dollars lost in Iraq without any record of where the money went
Violations of international treaties concerning torture
The biggest recession since the Great Depression
Bailouts to huge businesses without any requirements or restrictions

... just off the top of my head

These things have nothing to do with ideology, but competence. You don't have to be a liberal to question these things.

man, i wonder if someone could contact the billboard company or the guy that paid it to let them know someone is publishing defaced and perverted versions of their artwork on the internet. they could send cease and desist orders to the artist to remove the content form the web within 24 hours. oh wait, that's a one way road huh?

The left wing is going to blame Bush for everything for the next decade. Heck, Mike's even blaming Bush for 9/11 now, because surely a left winger would have stopped that attack before it started...and by peaceful and loving means.

And the right wing is going to blame Obama for everything for the next ten years.

And they'll keep doing this while lining their pockets at the expense of the common taxpayer. Except for Clinton...he was just in it to get laid.

Scott

Robb Graves said:
man, i wonder if someone could contact the billboard company or the guy that paid it to let them know someone is publishing defaced and perverted versions of their artwork on the internet. they could send cease and desist orders to the artist to remove the content form the web within 24 hours. oh wait, that's a one way road huh?

Don't think it work, am guessing it proably would fall under the same supreme court ruling that allowed hustler magazine to use Falwell's likeness in satire/parody against Falwell's wishes, as it is not a picture of the actual billboard it would seem to fall in that category. And wouldn't call that billboard art, while some might be it would be a strach to call any commerical message or politcal statement art.

Robb Graves said:
if nothing else... he coined the phrase that mike V then used on his new book.... :eek:

True enough! And I forgot to thank him. :D

He also said: "Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat."

So I wrote an Ashbury event called "The Whim of a Hat". Henry has never forgiven me for it.

I'm so glad people don't quote me. I sound intelligent most of the time but then I smash proverbs or idioms together and come up with something like the whim of a hat. Like today... did I say it's time to hang it up, or time to throw in the towel? No, it's apparently time to hang up the towel. Did he get his ticket punched, or did he kick the bucket? Not according to my brain, apparently he "punched the bucket"... lol sometimes I have to just laugh.

Gwendara said:
I'm so glad people don't quote me. I sound intelligent most of the time but then I smash proverbs or idioms together and come up with something like the whim of a hat. Like today... did I say it's time to hang it up, or time to throw in the towel? No, it's apparently time to hang up the towel. Did he get his ticket punched, or did he kick the bucket? Not according to my brain, apparently he "punched the bucket"... lol sometimes I have to just laugh.

"Why don't you make like a tree and get the [p]uck out of here!?"
"A penny saved is worth two in the bush."
"People who live in glass houses sink ships."
"Don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen."
- Boondock Saints Bartender

Alavatar said:
"Why don't you make like a tree and get the [p]uck out of here!?"
"A penny saved is worth two in the bush."
"People who live in glass houses sink ships."
"Don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen."
- Boondock Saints Bartender

Who is Doc, from Fraggle Rock.

-Ali

Duke Frost said:
Except for Clinton...he was just in it to get laid.

Scott

And made the prime ministers of Israel and the Palestinian leader wait while he got some. Now *that* is power.

As to the rest of it, I actually go farther back for the blame on our current problems. No, I don't even blame Bush (Though I certainly don't mis him! Oy!). I blame a policy of deregulation starting in the 1970's for our current financial mess. Unregulated capitalism is just as bad as overregulated comunism; It fails to serve the people and only benefits the top percentages at the expense of the rest.

As far as Iraq and Sadam? I place the blame farthyer back than Bush there, too. We supported Saddam in his war effort against Iran, even sold him the weapons, knowing full well that he was despotic and power-crazed. It didn't matter, since he was fighting our enemy. In short, we solidified him in power because it was convenient, then removed him from power when he became intollerable to our goals in the region (read, oil).

9/11? Where to start! Oh, heck, why not the policies of the Allies just post WWII which split the (then Brittish) territories in Palestine and created the Jewish state of Israel, displacing millions and setting up decades of conflict as the new nation (and traditional enemy) was forced on the region by those outside it's borders in an appologist gesture for not acting sooner to halt the holocaust; then a policy of the US to support the fledgling Israel against the Muslim nations, mis-fired peace attempts, failed reconciliations, and a continued support for Israel in the face of sobering human rights issues in the refugee camps and forced settlements of Palestinians. Oh and don't forget the expansion of Israel's borders and ever growing settlements in defiance of peace accords and agreements. IOW, everything the terrorists actually say 9/11 was about. The act is terrible, but the actual political reasons they state are all true (I will not comment on the religious reasons).

Not saying we are wrong to support Israel, just saying that we can't be surprised when the people who say they are upset about it and are willing to use extreme measures to get attention suddenly decide to get our attention using extreme measures.

As to the financial stuff, we compounded the error of too much deregulation with bailing out these companies, who just then thumb their noses at the public with another $100 million in bonuses for the employees who made all the bad decisions.

Part of capitalism is that companies that screw up need to be allowed to fail. Both Bush and Obama's administration did not allow them to fail. And barring that, they needed to really go in and clean house if those companies were using our money.

Whether it's financial institutions or the government, there are a lot of shady people getting uber rich off the hard work of honest people, and that sucks. And I like rich people, I just don't like the ones that screw over the common guy to do it.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
As to the financial stuff, we compounded the error of too much deregulation with bailing out these companies, who just then thumb their noses at the public with another $100 million in bonuses for the employees who made all the bad decisions.

Part of capitalism is that companies that screw up need to be allowed to fail. Both Bush and Obama's administration did not allow them to fail. And barring that, they needed to really go in and clean house if those companies were using our money.

Whether it's financial institutions or the government, there are a lot of shady people getting uber rich off the hard work of honest people, and that sucks. And I like rich people, I just don't like the ones that screw over the common guy to do it.

Scott

And here is where Scott and I agree completely.

No business should be "too big to fail." There will always be another one willing to take their place.

Duke Frost said:
The left wing is going to blame Bush for everything for the next decade. Heck, Mike's even blaming Bush for 9/11 now, because surely a left winger would have stopped that attack before it started...and by peaceful and loving means.

And the right wing is going to blame Obama for everything for the next ten years.

And they'll keep doing this while lining their pockets at the expense of the common taxpayer. Except for Clinton...he was just in it to get laid.

Scott

I think Mike was referencing when Rudolph Giuliani made a statement on Good Morning America that there were no domestic terror attacks against America under Bush's administration.

Personally I feel the blame is well spread around between the CIA, FBI and NSA just as much as anywhere in the executive offices. A lot of those guys look to have dropped the ball pretty badly.

Other than that, Scott, I agree; we seem to be shifting from a two party system to a two gang confrontation, and the bell curve is ballooning towards the ends as voters drift towards more and more extremist commentators and candidates in an effort to try something more desperate or to simply remain relevant.

Back