A call from deep within the mists

Friends and adventurers of Briarpass,

You have fought with me once and I fear I must place another task within you hands. Long ago contacts of my youth have placed a distant call for any and all the help they may garner across fortaniss. The task at hand rivals any we have seen before and the stakes are indescribable.

Since my return to Fortanis, I have been wracked with wacking terrors of an ancient prophecy unleashed and a land in peryl. I summon any who hath true courage and strengh to answer the wizards call and meet me within the island of clouds. I am not alone in these visions and other magi thoughout Fortanis have felt the pull of destiny. For some time now, we have been rallying the nobles of Fortanis's mists in hopes to help this distant land rid itself of this menace before our own homes fall prey to its gnashing maw.

Meet with me and the other Wizards in the Mists. All will be explained there, as I would not risk speaking these ill omens in such a place where our enemy may hear us. On the last Friday of the Eighth Month, show me the that the mettle of the mortal spirit has not waned... Together, We Shall Show Our Enemies the Strength of Our Alliance.

High Regards,

Lord Sylvos Fallingstar
Duke of Wishel's Tree
Noble of The Leaf Crown
4th Fallingstar

AllianceCHI said:
Friends and adventurers of Briarpass,

You have fought with me once and I fear I must place another task within you hands. Long ago contacts of my youth have placed a distant call for any and all the help they may garner across fortaniss. The task at hand rivals any we have seen before and the stakes are indescribable.

Since my return to Fortanis, I have been wracked with wacking terrors of an ancient prophecy unleashed and a land in peryl. I summon any who hath true courage and strengh to answer the wizards call and meet me within the island of clouds. I am not alone in these visions and other magi thoughout Fortanis have felt the pull of destiny. For some time now, we have been rallying the nobles of Fortanis's mists in hopes to help this distant land rid itself of this menace before our own homes fall prey to its gnashing maw.

Meet with me and the other Wizards in the Mists. All will be explained there, as I would not risk speaking these ill omens in such a place where our enemy may hear us. On the last Friday of the Eighth Month, show me the that the mettle of the mortal spirit has not waned... Together, We Shall Show Our Enemies the Strength of Our Alliance.

High Regards,

Lord Sylvos Fallingstar
Duke of Wishel's Tree
Noble of The Leaf Crown
4th Fallingstar

Lord Sylvos,

I shall answer your call.

Garmok Stoneskull, of the Rockfist Clan

I hear the trees murmuring that many adventurers are trickling back through the Mists. What happened? Another blow struck against the forces of chaos and imbalance?

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Mobius said:
I hear the trees murmuring that many adventurers are trickling back through the Mists. What happened? Another blow struck against the forces of chaos and imbalance?

Honorable Master Hartsboon,

Well... uh.... there's good news and bad news.

Good news: two of three raksasha are dead. These things are damn near invulnerable. I can tell you in person how we defeated them. Many peoples were freed... the Children of Autumn... the Grak (I think thats what they were called).....

Bad news: one raksasha escaped the hourglass. My spirit was weakened while in the hourglass. I lost a tusk. The raksasha that took my tusk is still alive.

We have brought much honor to Wayside and to the adventurers that reside there. Now, we must prepare our defenses for when the raksasha comes to call.

Garmok Stoneskull

Raksasha? Grak? Hourglass? Maybe you should begin at the beginning, Squire, and tell me just what it was all of you were out there doing? I know the Lord Fallingstar raised a general alarm, but I still haven't the foggiest what it was for. Or even, where this all took place, for that matter.

Dram,

If your going to be at the next market day in briarpass then perhaps i can fill you in on the details then. I am sure you will be most interested in what happened.

Mobius said:
Raksasha? Grak? Hourglass? Maybe you should begin at the beginning, Squire, and tell me just what it was all of you were out there doing? I know the Lord Fallingstar raised a general alarm, but I still haven't the foggiest what it was for. Or even, where this all took place, for that matter.

First, I must ask you to not call me Squire. That is not my title. I am the Herald for the honorable and mighty Sir Bloodlust. I am no squire.

As for what happened...

Honorable warriors from all over Fortannis met Lord Sylvos Fallingstar in the mists. The Lady Knight Glorianna was there, as well was Daylynn and the Arkelian Hunt. We were told about a magical hourglass. This hourglass had served as a prison for three forces of evil. We were asked to step into the hourglass and defeat the evil within, to prevent the evil from killing all that lived within the hourglass. The three evils were known as the raksasha. They are near invincible. We had to trick them to defeat two of them. The third... we have to prepare for the possibility that it may come here. I can tell you in person what we did. The land there was ruled by five shieks. Those shieks enslaved the Grak (again, I think thats what they were called), deprived them of water, and took their ability to cast magic, giving them magical weapons instead. I invited two of the Grak that fought by my side with valor and bravery to come to Wayside and stay with me, and to share their culture with us. While there, we stayed at The Refuge, an oasis in the middle of a desert. Their innkeeper, Sachi, gave amazing service, and brought honor to himself with his dilligence.

That's the short version. If you wish, I can regale you of more in person.

~ Herald Garmok Stoneskull

I always get edgy when the the concept of statutory "evil" is flung about, strikes me as a dangerous label to apply to anything. But, if the Lord Fallingstar asked for this to be completed, I will place my faith by his ears.

But, I still have many questions: has this "hourglass prison" been opened as a portal? destroyed? merged with Fortannis? resealed? Are the Grak spirits of the Land or of the Stars? Will the Sheiks seek revenge? I understand it would be much easier to tell this tale in person, but open discussion here will better helps us assimilate a larger picture - I'm sure there are mutiple voices and visions of this cataclysmic event which could be pieced together.

As for honour to Wayside, I am still confused. How were you able to bring honour to people of Wayside?

Mobius said:
I always get edgy when the the concept of statutory "evil" is flung about, strikes me as a dangerous label to apply to anything. But, if the Lord Fallingstar asked for this to be completed, I will place my faith by his ears.

But, I still have many questions: has this "hourglass prison" been opened as a portal? destroyed? merged with Fortannis? resealed? Are the Grak spirits of the Land or of the Stars? Will the Sheiks seek revenge? I understand it would be much easier to tell this tale in person, but open discussion here will better helps us assimilate a larger picture - I'm sure there are mutiple voices and visions of this cataclysmic event which could be pieced together.

As for honour to Wayside, I am still confused. How were you able to bring honour to people of Wayside?

The prison, to my knowledge, has been left open. The Karid, both named Grak (that was my mistake), are mortal beings just as you or I, but cannot resurrect... well, we're not sure about that, and we don't want to test it out. The Sheiks will not seek revenge - while in their lands, they sought for the rakshasa to be destroyed. When you go to their lands, they ask you to take a sheik as a patron. As your patron, they protect you, as well as make sure your spirit has a place to go if you perish. Another type of being, the Children of the Autumn, were discovered in the hourglass. If one travels to Wayside, and you meet one - all I can tell you is to keep metals away from them, as they're made uncomfortable by them.

Also, we bring honor to Wayside by acting honorably as representatives of Wayside in a foreign land. One does not need to be an ambassador to act as a representative and give first impressions.

Now, we must begin to come together as a community. We have three fearsome enemies out there, wishing all of us destroyed. We have an undead army we still have not found and destroyed. We must act together, as warriors of Fortannis, to fight these threats.

Herald Garmok

Herald, you speak boldy and without restraint. You bring honour through action, and deed. You return with allies and enemies aswarm. Sounds to me, as though 'twas a truly adventurous weekend. Now, if only I could convince my students there is as much adventure in their school-work as you find following the blade, I would be a happy man.

Though, I'm still somewhat baffled as to how you acted honourably.

Mobius said:
Herald, you speak boldy and without restraint. You bring honour through action, and deed. You return with allies and enemies aswarm. Sounds to me, as though 'twas a truly adventurous weekend. Now, if only I could convince my students there is as much adventure in their school-work as you find following the blade, I would be a happy man.

Though, I'm still somewhat baffled as to how you acted honourably.

We have brought freedom to the oppressed. Is that not what a free person of Wayside should do? We showed respect and learned of other cultures, and made them into allies instead of enemies, without compromising our ideals. We brought unity and hope to a new land. How is that not with honor?

Herald Garmok

Stoneskull did indeed bring honor to himself and his home. My kin and I fought at his side against the Raksasha and other beings within the magical hourglass. My only regret is that the mists, or most likely some other magic, pulled us away before our task there was complete. Though we were in a desert it was much different from my home, the Rab Desert in the lands of Moria. My own mate Ruqayyah was forced to resurrect while we were there, just as Stoneskull did. Should the mists ever bring me to Wayside you may all count on my blade to be driven into your enemies.

Kalaji ibn Faruq Am-khaibitu Entil'zha
Warrior of the Rab Desert,
Guardian of the Eternal City,
Ambassador to the Kingdom of Arandin

Herald, those are indeed honourable acts and I laud you for persuing knowledge, respect, and comraderie among those alien in culture and person. I agree, wholeheartedly, that honour begins with the bringing together of disparate spirits and seeking out growth and understanding between minds focused on the Gift and the Balance.

Though, now I'm confused. In the past, you've fought in "honour duels" over personal slights, sought "honour" through your sword, and attacked others' "honour" when they made cutting comments. If we're agreed honourable people act to consolidate spirit, bring together allies, show respect and understanding, and "bring unity and hope" to all peoples - how do your previous acts jibe with your current definition?

Ambassador Kalaji ibn Faruq Am-khaibitu Entil'zha, You are, of course, welcome in Briarpass whenever you wish. Herald Garmok is a fine example of the adventuring spirit of Briarpass, and you will do well seeking his shield in combat and his hand in friendship.

Mobius said:
Herald, those are indeed honourable acts and I laud you for persuing knowledge, respect, and comraderie among those alien in culture and person. I agree, wholeheartedly, that honour begins with the bringing together of disparate spirits and seeking out growth and understanding between minds focused on the Gift and the Balance.

Though, now I'm confused. In the past, you've fought in "honour duels" over personal slights, sought "honour" through your sword, and attacked others' "honour" when they made cutting comments. If we're agreed honourable people act to consolidate spirit, bring together allies, show respect and understanding, and "bring unity and hope" to all peoples - how do your previous acts jibe with your current definition?

Ambassador Kalaji ibn Faruq Am-khaibitu Entil'zha, You are, of course, welcome in Briarpass whenever you wish. Herald Garmok is a fine example of the adventuring spirit of Briarpass, and you will do well seeking his shield in combat and his hand in friendship.

I have acted with dishonor at times in the past. Those times are now behind me, I cannot change the past. I had the chance to speak at great length about honor and what it is to be high orc with one known as Tetsu. I also spoke with another high orc known as Spidereye about the art of being a shaman. They set me right.

Herald Garmok

Most excellent! What did you uncover?

Mobius said:
Most excellent! What did you uncover?

I'm sorry... I don't understand the question. If you're referring to my behavior - my history in the past at times was selfish, rash, or not for the betterment of both Fortannis and Wayside. Now, though, is the time to move forward, recognizing the wrongs I committed, learning from them, and moving on.

Herald Garmok

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:

I'm sorry... I don't understand the question. If you're referring to my behavior - my history in the past at times was selfish, rash, or not for the betterment of both Fortannis and Wayside. Now, though, is the time to move forward, recognizing the wrongs I committed, learning from them, and moving on.

Herald Garmok

Hmmm. . . . . . . . Moving on........

It would be nice to actually see that happen.

Herald, I was asking after what you uncovered in your conversation with your brethren. That is, what did she think was the proper way to act as a High Orc?

As for moving on, I applaud your decision! It's important to focus the Gift both internally and externally. How do you plan to rectify the wrongs you have committed and make amends with those you have wronged?

Mobius said:
Herald, I was asking after what you uncovered in your conversation with your brethren. That is, what did she think was the proper way to act as a High Orc?

As for moving on, I applaud your decision! It's important to focus the Gift both internally and externally. How do you plan to rectify the wrongs you have committed and make amends with those you have wronged?

For starters - Lady Liddia Fallingstar. I have spoken to her privately regarding my wrongs towards her at the last market day. Now, I speak nothing but highly of her. I have atoned for those sins with Liddia privately. I have made my peace with Eldandiril Zanabanath as well. There are others I either have not determined how to rectify the wrongs, or fear it is not possible.

Herald Garmok

So then, Speech is your panacea for these past actions?

Back