A Caravan On The Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tears begin forming in the corners of Aldous' eyes. "Kinaiah is a good woman, she deserves much better than this. I had heard sparse details on this but had heard of the Enslavement and had already intended to craft at least one Enslavement Antidote. Do not worry about the funds, I have what I need."

He takes a moment to collect himself, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. "Kinaiah has saved not only my life but many others as well, I will do everything in my power to see her safe return. If these are the ideals that Haven represents then I am glad to have been rescued by such a noble person as her. There was also a red feathered Biata woman who was rescued with us, though I have not seen her around. The last I saw was just before Baron attacked me with healing magic, The ******* of the Eternals thrusting his blade through her chest. Do you know what became of her?"

Last edited:
Dyne looked downwards once again, "I do. During the rescue of everyone in the cages she was killed. I'm not sure by what means, but my life spell failed to bring her back. I thought that would be the end of it... but no. She was 'alive' and attacked us along with The Collector and the corrupted Kinaiah." The elf looked around, making sure no little biata ears were around, "But please, keep the details of her death to yourself. You may have seen her child, Roc, around... they are not yet aware of what has happened. And I have no idea how to break the news to them."

Aldous gives the Elf a commiserating pat on the shoulder. "You did all that you could. I would be more than willing to speak with Roc when next he is around, I am certain he would wish to know about his mother's final hours. Would you be willing to provide a full account of what transpired with the Collector within the Caravan Log? If we are to reach Haven we must each have all knowledge available, one misstep could prove disastrous for a group such as this."

Last edited:
He nodded in silent agreement. The only way they would reach Haven would be with communication, sharing knowledge, and working together. It was the main reason he was putting together the list of people in the caravan.

Zestiria's eyes darken. "The Collector... that one dies first."

She shakes it off. "Well, I'm gonna do a quick perimeter sweep, don't let our supreme ruler die while I'm out. Makes me look bad."

"I agree, but the kill belongs to Honey if we can afford ourselves that luxury. They have history..." he trailed off, thinking about what his new comrads had told him just a few nights prior.

"It would make you look bad! Who would want to hire a bodyguard that let's their employer get killed?"

"Exactly! I've got a reputation to uphold!" she says with a wink.

As she passes by the ravenkin, she scrutinizes him carefully. "You'd be a helluva help keeping security tight around here, if you're not too busy on the navigating side."

Corvins eyes water at the news of Kainah, but his remains stoic.

"This news troubles me. Death is one thing, but being forced back through that circle is another." He takes a deep breath. "We must do what we can to get her back! I will give my life for that woman if it comes to it!"

Corvin turns to the Sylvanborn with the shield to reply.

"This caravan needs all the help it can get. If you are here to protect these people I can show you the path they plan on taking and a few good hiding spots to scout from along the path."

Corvin draws an arrow from his quiver and leads the way out of the camp.

Emm returns from scouting the near by woods. Pausing on a bluff above the caravan he looks over the group below. Pulling a medallion out from behind his armour he clinches it closely to his heart.

“So this is why I was lead here to this camp, to see these folks make it to Haven.” Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly he scans the surrounding terrain, “For you my fallen brothers and sisters I will do this one final task.” Pressing the medallion to his lips he tucks it back behind his armour.

One final look at the group bellow, “This is going to be a challenge. 4 tribes, several individuals and no strong leadership in place to take lead.” Turning back into the woods, Emm is going to see what he can hunt or gather for tonight’s meal.

After practicing with her dagger for a bit, Seraphina, a Biata with white feathers that also had red and purple feathers, in her blue and red clothes, looked around, and asked, “So when is that information we submitted going to become public? I want to ensure that our group can interweave our abilities to our fullest potential. I want to know how to best fit myself into this group. I would also like it if someone could show me how to hold a dagger or small weapon without just hurting myself anytime someone attacks me. I actually want to know the form, the requirements, what I can do to make sure I can use this dagger. Just being able to block a strike with it would be extremely useful to know.”

Seraphina looked around, thinking again, but then realizing she already said what she asked about, she just waited for a response.

Dyne turned to Seraphina, "I have no intentions of making this information public. But I am not keeping it a secret either, if someone requests to see the answers I will gladly show them. And if you want someone to show you how to use a dagger, I'd start by asking people carrying weapons. We're all one big group here, so helping one another is what we're going to need to do, whether that be with hunting or training or something somewhere in between."

A shift grined purple face rises into view over Dynes shoulder
"Mornin *hiccup* did I hear ye talkin bout dajjers?"

The elf clutched his chest as he was caught off guard by the dark elf captain. "Indeed Captain," he said composing himself, nodding towards Seraphina, "Our biata friend here has a dagger but would like to learn how to properly wield one."

"Dont talk with yer mouth full"
Tixor reaches up and grips the elfs face smooshing it
"Say it with me now lad"
Puppeteering Daynes mouth
"CAAAAAAPPNNNNN"

Tixor let's him go and gives him a pat on the cheek
" good lad"
Turning to Seraphina with a smile
"Well lass, the thing about dajjers is.."
He swiftly but awkwardly pulls out a dagger
"..ye never wanna hold er ear by the blade, That's an ouch for sure. Always put that ended inta what yer wantin bloody lass.
If ya got a nice hilt on er like me then yer safe fer a little stabby stab, but if ya barely got a one then slashin be yer best bet. Think like yer givin the bastard a good slap...but with a bite
Protection like now....... it ain't worth a two headed giant on a dingy holdin a boulder who can swim less ya get some real practice in, so ya best be tryna keep some burly folks between ya and the dawgs tryna getcha"
Tixor puts his blade away and takes a good swig of his flask.
*hiccup*
"Nexin tam we gettn N a scruff....A sees A cana get *belch* yous a pracanatis pannner lass"

Seraphina turns to the captain, and asks, “So cap-innnn! How do I block and strike with a dagger?” She put emphasis on the nnn sound, like the captain did. She wondered if he had drank an intoxicate or consumed some fudge. Fudge. That was a real delicacy. She would love to have some sometime. Then again, not everyone got drunk off fudge, maybe he just had alcohol.

After being instructed, Seraphina went off to practice with her dagger, not sure what half the captain was saying.

Dyne smiled and nodded as Captain Tixor explained the proper use of a dagger, having no idea if what he was saying was correct or even coherent. He shouted after Seraphina, "Just make sure you follow everything he just told you, and you'll be perfectly fine!"

'Probably', he thought to himself.

Slumping over on to, and tossing his arm over Dynes shoulder, Tixor squints at Dyne
"That lasses gunna murdalize a tree"
He holds up his flask with big smile and a nod
"Is like yers moxie lad *hiccup* Wees should have a parlay..... drinkypoo"

Having been watching this new group interact had been a most interesting experience thus far. Though appearing to come from very diverse backgrounds they were appearing to, at least on the surface, be able to overcome their past differences and work together towards a common goal. Looking down at his brightly colored and embroidered clothing he sighs. "I suppose this all had to end one day, no need for this here", he thinks to himself.

Straightening his posture and clasping his hands behind his back he nods to the Cap'n and turns to the Elf, a sad smile on his face. "Thank you for your time, Dyne. If you are so inclined I would be interested in having a much more in depth conversation with you in the near future. But for now I have a matter that I must attend to. Please, if there is anything else that I can do to assist do not hesitate to ask."

With that he turns and walks back to the warmth of the fire. Now, where to find a needle and thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back