<"A pleasure to meet you", a message from Thousand Bones>

p.richard

Scholar
<In an effort to understand this Orc I have come to know, I searched him out, hoping that he was alright after his journey to Landfall. I found him in a jolly mood albeit extraordinarily drunk from something he calls "Brat Beer"? After spending the afternoon making sure he didn't do anything he explained that he wanted me to write a letter for him. Please understand that I am paraphrasing what he is telling me as I can barely understand him.>

"Meat shields of Landfall <As he says this with mirth and merriment, I believe he is saying "Friends and Allies">, Thousand Bones had a great time. My body aches. I am bruised and cut. Even my tusks hurt from the battles we shared. But all this has put me in a fantastic mood!"

<Bones at this point started chugging a bottle of, what I can only assume is yellow/green Orcish "pisswater", a drink only the hearty could stomach. He goes on to say...>

"I want you all to know that if you ever have any need for a great warrior like me again, let me know. I heard that there will be trouble in the Valley of Ghosts or something. We should meet there. If I don't see you, then I won't think of it as an insult to Bones' honor. Not everyone has the appetite for battle like this one! Oh! And I still need to kill me a basilisk. Maybe I will do that before I reach the Valley of Ghosts. I got to prove my honor and strength to that Arannin guy. Anyone interested in slaying a Basilisk?"

<With that Bones signed the document with his standard "X" and walked out of the tavern. After I salted and primed his letter, I tried looking for him to catch up. But he had vanished into the forest. Such an interesting Orc.

Sincerely,
Jacob Townsend, Scribe>

Scribe Townsend,

Please send Thousand Bones the Order of Oakpalm's well-wishes. He was a valuable ally in our victory against the Harkonian Empire. We look forward to seeing him again.

-Cael Lachdanan

To 1000 Bones,

While our initial meeting was a little rocky due to the statement about my friends, the Gypsies, it was non-the-less a pleasure to meet you and fight beside you against the Harks. Thank you for your efforts. Travel safely into the Valley of the Ghosts and beyond.

Orin Sylvanus

Thousand Bones,

I am writing you to inform you that I was pleased to make your acquaintance. I find your candor pleasing, and hope to become friends as well as allies..
You're a cool dude.

Orin, I owe you a story about Necrovoids and what we Orcs think about Chaos magics. And yeah, don't worry about it. People say I am brash and abrasive. Bones won't change for anyone... unless you know an Orc that has giant tusks and can eat two chickens...? I might be willing to change for a woman like that. Which reminds me! I need to make some cockroaches for you all next time we meet. In May? Unless you are coming to the Valley of Ghosts?

Clover? Which one were you? Wait... you were the one that wanted to rub my body down for a gold, right? Bah! I am keeping my eye on you! No one touches Bones! Though I did want to point out that I enjoyed your help during battle. It was most useful. Will you be around during the next gathering in the Valley of Ghosts?

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye
Beef Eater/Harkonian Slayer

Friend Thousand Bones,

It was an honor and a pleasure to meet you and hear your songs! I hope that we will see you again and that we may continue to learn from each other.

-Amory

Thousand Bones,

Firstly, it's called a massage. Secondly, I was never able to tell you that the price is very negotiable. Money isn't as important to me as favors for friends are. Thirdly, healing hands never hurt anyone! Be open to it!
About battle, I'm not sure what I did, but I'm glad I could help. You're a good orc to have on one's side in battle. And I do not know what this Valley of Ghosts is. I'm new to this land, and haven't yet learned of the geography.

Thousand Bones,

Despite any reputation you carried with you to these lands, you demonstrated a strong willingness to lend a hand when needed. I called upon you to protect the flank during our assault on the caravan transporting the final piece of the throne, and you responded without hesitation. For that, you have my greatest thanks.

I look forward to fighting alongside you again.

-Landon

Amory- I will tell you a secret about us Orcs. Heck, I will tell everyone! Most, if not all Orcs, have a hard time learning to read and write. Actually, you most likely know that already. But I ask you, how can a culture be so strong if they don't have knowledge of their pasts? Jacob Townsend, this scribe I know, told me that we learn from our pasts; our histories show us what not to do. We Orcs have the same tradition, but we don't keep it written on scrolls or parchment. We pass down our histories to our family through song, dance and story. We may look stupid to outsiders; with our gutteral voices and our war like nature. But that is far from the truth. We are brilliant tacticians, honorable fighters, loyal allies (er... I think you call it friends?) and most importantly, we are fiercely passionate and have the power to love with the best of them. It is my wish to continue this journey of alliance and learn from you all. Perhaps next time I will barter stories with you? I will tell as many stories as you tell. Even better if it is over drinks and a fire!

Clover- Look, I know that I am the most amazing Orc you have ever seen in your life. I get that. I mean it isn't every day a fine piece of green meat walks into a tavern and flashes his muscles for all to see. You have a crush. I get it. But you have to understand, I don't allow just any woman to "massage" me, if that is what you pink skins call it these days. I am looking for that big tusked green skinned woman, who can eat at least two chickens, to fall from the sky, weapons drawn, snarling at me with the intent to kill. You could say that when this happens, I will have found my match. But until then, no female from any race, no matter the looks and stares she gathers from the opposite sex, will ever touch my body. I am... saving myself. And yes, the Valley of Ghosts! (OOG: Seattle's April event!) You should come! If not for anything else, you can always share in the loot and glory we will receive once we defeat whatever crosses my path!

Landon- What are you talking about? My reputation is fierce! My enemies cower when they learn I am coming. My allies rejoice when I am near! You should never say "despite my reputation"! You should always say "Your reputation and deeds proceed you! We welcome such a powerful ally to our lands!" I will let your casual insult slide this once. And yes, you and I fought bravely together. I won't pretend to understand how your spells work, but I will say this... Any of the Oakenshields are welcome to any table to sit at. Next time, we will drink and tell stories of our deeds, and sing about our fallen in battle!

I look forward to trading stories with you, Thousand Bones! Though you will probably have more than I, so I will bring drinks to make up the difference.

Until the next gather,

Amory

Thousand Bones,

....I, uhm... I respect your wishes.
As for Valley of Ghosts, yes I will travel there with my HUSBAND, Ravis. We will see you there, in a platonic manner. Platonicly. Lots of platons.

Amory, I should tell you the story of how my father and mother became life mates.

See, before I was born, my mother Vaeliss Fate-Bringer hated my father. She told me once that he was arrogant and that he stank of horse meat. Normally this wouldn't have bothered her. But she said that this Orc made her skin crawl. My father, Daggoth One-Eye, was next in line to be chieftain. He fought in the tribes arena and bested all the tribes warriors. The old Chief, "Rends-the-Dragon", named my father his scion and the tribe rejoiced. Everyone but my mother.

It wasn't known to her, but my father had a fondness for her. Ever since he was a child. And at this time, he was in his prime! 10 years old (like me!), with countless battles under his warskirt. But he had never conquered his feelings for my mother. Well one day, despite the warnings of the shaman, my father gathered a feast of cockroaches and worms and presented them to my mother. She slammed the door to her hut in his face! But what was more is that she snuck out of the hut and assaulted him on the road. My parents battled for 3 days and 3 nights.

My father told me that she was the most cunning warrior he ever fought. More cunning than the other warriors he faced on the field of battle. She would use these guerrilla tactics to tire my father out and then make tiny cuts all over his body. When my father ran out of healing supplies, he actually said that he started to crave dying; that he finally will get his glorious death. On the morning of the fourth day, he found the body of my mother laying over a rock exhausted. He snuck up to the rock with his sword raised above his head ready to slice this woman in half. But when he say the figure, he realized it wasn't her but a decoy! That was when he heard a tree branch from above shake and when he turned around, he saw my mothers boots land squarely in his chest.

My mother tells it differently. She said that my father was the one who was exhausted. He was making so much noise, clanking around in his armor and stumbling over his own sword. She decided to leap off the branch onto him so he would stop scaring away all the deer in the area. Regardless, there she was, feet dug deep into the chest of my father; eyes locked onto each other looking for a sign of weakness. When my mother saw no weakness in my father, she kissed him.

Rends-the-Dragon told me that they made love for a week straight. Stories like that certainly could damage a youth, so be mindful not to tell this story to any of your pink skinned young ones. But that is how Orcs mate for life; through deeds of great heroism or with pure carnal desire. It is why I have saved myself for my life mate... where ever she may be. Ha!

HA! Clover... don't be weak. I despise weakness. You didn't know that. So I am telling you now. Don't hide behind your life mate. Instead, step up to my threats or "bad behavior" with threats and bad behavior of your own! I am poking fun at you. Poke fun back! Tell me something like "In your wildest dreams do you ever think you could tame a Mystic Wood Elf!" or "I wasn't admiring your muscles, green skin! More like I was curious as to how you are going to die in battle with such a large ego weighing you down."

Bah! You will learn in time, friend Clover. I look forward to seeing you and yours this next gathering!

What an incredible story! Two strong warriors have made for a strong son, I am glad that they were able to put aside their differences so that you could fight beside us! I thank you for sharing it with me, and I will have one to share with you at the next gather in return. I am very curious to learn of your tribe and your customs as they seem to vary so greatly from our own, and look forward to speaking with you then!

Good travels to you in the mean time, friend Thousand Bones!

-Amory

Amory, this will happen. In May, when I visit your lands again, we will share many stories. But mind you, I would much rather fight than speak of my past. If you can handle that, then we will get along great. Until then...

Bones

Clover,

I haven't seen trolls in either the Golden Horn or the Valley of that Ghosts and I have been spending equal amounts of time in both places for the last eighteen months. Unless you start leaving food out, I don't think that you have much worry of accidentally feeding them.

Thousand Bones,

I'm sorry to say that I lied unintentionally about attending the battles of the Valley of Ghosts. (OoG I'm NPCing) However, Ravis will be there, and I hope you will bond with him. You two could learn much from each other, and you may make a great team in combat.

I wish you victory,
-Clover

Thank the stars! I didn't want to be all uncomfortable around you and your grabby hands! Heh! I look forward to seeing Ravis. I didn't get a chance to talk with him at the last gathering. Perhaps this time him and I can get into some trouble together.

Back