A Proclamation goes out across the Land....

[Note: the list of major laws can be found in the Chicago Players Guide on the OOG boards. They are considered "common knowledge" so you aren't required to spend time seeking them out in game.]

Whether Siril is or is not "a good man" is irrelevant to his guilt; the only issue in question is whether he used the power of Chaos. He was observed doing so by a Royal Knight.

Although I am not obligated to reveal such information to unauthorized individuals, I am willing to assuage your concerns: several individuals under mine and Cha'ka's command were observed using necromantic (i.e. chaotic) magic. They have been court martialed and will face the consequences for their actions, the usual sentence being one resurrection. Enforcing justice upon those who use chaos is a matter of law, regardless of other crimes or good deeds a person may have commited before or after.

If you have observed the commission of a crime you may report such an incident to your local authorities, whose purpose it is to investigate such matters. Cha'ka saw the accused use chaos, and by his authority as a Royal Knight is upholding the law. By continuing to argue you are merely demonstrating that adventurers at large do not respect the rule of law and cannot be trusted.

Amy Hale, Royal Knight to His Majesty King Gregor Isenhorn

Sera Hale,

Foss Siril has turned himself in to the most local authority and had judgment placed upon him.
We are willing accept that the royal soldiers in question were properly punished if you are as well.
I believe that any more discussion about Siril or any of the other men charged is best left to be done in person and both myself and Siril are available for such a discussion.

Srgt. Tets of the Ducal Army

Dear Amy,

I appreciate your calm in this matter, as well as explaining and confessing to the actions of the King's men. I feel that I must bow out at this point, as I was not actually present at the time the crime-in-question was committed. I trust that this will be resolved in a proper manner however it is seen fit.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

WAIT A MINUTE. HOLD EVERYTHING. I'VE JUST LEARNED SOME NEW INFORMATION...

DEAREST KING EISENHORN.
YOU HAVE PUT A BOUNTY ON ALL OF US ROMANI, JUST BECAUSE ONE OF MY COUSINS SPOKE OUT AGAINST YOU!? AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU SALT THE LANDS WHERE MOST OF THEM GREW UP/LIVE AS WELL!? HOW. DARE. YOU. ON WHAT GROUNDS IS THIS THE REASONABLE AND MOST RATIONAL THING TO DO!? WHAT COULD ANYBODY HAVE POSSIBLY SAID WHERE YOU FEEL THAT THIS IS THE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO TAKE. IS THIS JUST WHAT YOU DO? ONE PERSON DOES SOMETHING WRONG SO YOU PUT A BOUNTY ON EVERYONE!? SOUNDS SOLID TO ME.

TREAD LIGHTLY,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

Banradi and I will be (OOG: hopefully) there in August. There will be words.

King Eisenhorn: Your last chance to talk is now.

-Taios

There were not a dozen of my men that cast chaos, there were three. Two admitted their crimes, and appropriately those two survived their resurrections. Necromancy will not be tolerated in the royal army.

Banradi Moduri, Taios Irani, you have made threats against the crown. If these threats prove to be empty, your sentences will not be harsh.

Until such time as I have seen evidence of Siril's punishment the reward shall remain open.

Cha'ka

As High Magistrate I am but a simple defender of the Law. The King is the Law, I am his right hand. It is my job to be the paper pusher of the Magistrate Corps. I leave the combat operations to the more marshal of my peers.

I was one of the first Children of Autumn to awaken a few years ago, and have since traveled the lands in search of law and order. I found it in these lands despite the choas of the ending days of the Vampire Wars as so many of you refer to it. Thus is why I serve the Crown.

Honor is important but nothing matters as much as the Law; Brake the Law and have my promise the Magistrates, the Royal Guards, and the Men at Arms of the Kingdom will bring you down.

High Magistrate Oliver StillRoot

Cha'ka, Royal Knight to His Majesty King Gregor Eisenhorn,

I have made the proper parties aware of all crimes committed this past Market Day. Do not insult my honor or the house I represent. We tried to converse and yet, we were at an impasse. We are all citizens of this great nation though it may be young.

All races unified in this nation, holding hands and working towards a common goal.
People have stopped trusting each other, and every stranger has became an enemy.

I have heard the general cry of madness and despair. I have seen men fight. Right or wrong, justifiable or unjustifiable in this moment this is happening. Man against Man, man aligning with monster; anything to kill. and destroy his fellow citizen. How long, will it take for the world to get back the humane emotions that were slowly growing before the war?

How long will it take the calloused hearts of men before the scars of hatred and cruelty shall be removed?

Sera FallingStar

Show me someone who will stand up to a bully. Tell me of someone who laid out their life for a brother or sister. Sing me a song of great deeds down by someone who refuses to take thanks. Introduce me to someone who is this, my friend.

Everyone needs to see what goes on in these lands. To many wrongs are being made. Brother verses brother, neighbor mistrusting neighbor. There is a sickness that is spreading across the land. Its madness, which demands the blood of others to fuel it. War will only make it gluttonous.

I like a scattered few have seen to much of what is going on. Respect and honor are earned. Few think it is a right, others strive for its title. If you honestly think when you wake up to the world and say you are honorable and respectful. Only your actions will hold to the truth.

This war is making a lot of casualties, so much so that hell look tame. For no innocent will be in hell, but they are all in this war. The king is to his people, as the people are to the king. If one strikes at the other, the other strikes back.

I am no fan to anyone who casts chaotic magic, law or no. Judging a people to guilt of one is wrong. Killing off the land is wrong.

I spoke my part and I just hope that some good came from it.

Back