A really strange request

I think it was one of the guys from over East towards NY or NJ, I if I'm not mistaken he used Nickelback's Far Away/. It wasn't really a LARP video per-sa. But some of his NERO/ALLIANCE Friends help him out.

Does this help anyone's memory?

I know not everyone's joined the new boards yet, but if you can think of the one I'm looking for PM me will you please?

Thanks again
Sindyl

Pyro727 said:
http://www.clck.com/bb/forum_posts.asp?TID=8051&KW=youtube is it one of these?

I back tracked onto the old boards through you're link thanks. And I found it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWREJVz2TmA[/youtube]

One of our own did this. I hope the link works.
Thanks for getting back to the old boards, I didn't know how too.

have a great weekend everyone

That was neat...

And after watching and going "That was awesome!"

The next thing that popped into my head was, "That guy totally should have gone sword and board."

That video was awsome ^_^

Well if the creator ever looks at this post. I have a friend who was a Marine, and lives the life of a dark Knight

His Comment was as follows

Most excellent job.

I especially liked how they used the seasons to show the passing of time...

And of the hands....

Tell them an old Knight bids them HUZZAH!!!

Now you all know why I was looking for it. It was very well done.

tieran said:
That was neat...

The next thing that popped into my head was, "That guy totally should have gone sword and board."

Only knight on horse back carried a shield with them constanly because of the weight. Remember this man was on foot. And it's hard to swing a claymore one handed and hold a board. That sword was 6 foot long and weighted close to 70 pounds, if it's anything like the one I have at home.

tieran said:
That was neat...

And gasses

That was me who did it. :oops: I just noticed that the video got like 20 more "views" on youtube in like 48 hours after months of one view a week or so, so I wondered what was up.

I haven't watched it myself in months--and I just did again. I'm glad some people like it, because when I watch it now I cringe at how bad some of it seems to me. Not all of it, but some of it just makes me cringe. Since I had to wrestle with the editing, etc., I know where all the mistakes are, even if other people miss them. :)

Well, I'm glad that somebody still likes it. :)

By the way, the sword is 50" long, and weighs 3lbs, 15oz. I wouldn't want to use it with a shield though--it's painfully slow one handed.

I've been tempted to make another video (I've gotten the itch again) and was thinking of just an extended fight scene or something (since that stuff is fun to film/edit).

Neshir said:
Great job then Darkwing,and I'm corrie899 the one who commented it :mrgreen:

Cool. I wondered who that was. :)

Sindyl said:
tieran said:
That was neat...

Only knight on horse back carried a shield with them constanly because of the weight. Remember this man was on foot. And it's hard to swing a claymore one handed and hold a board. That sword was 6 foot long and weighted close to 70 pounds, if it's anything like the one I have at home.

Not true, for starters, the roman legionares fought with much bigger and heavier shields than you average kite shield weilded by western knights,

Plus, the swords of that era did not weigh anything close to 70 lbs.

But it was more of a LARP reference than anything else, as sword and board is a significantly better fighting style than one sword guy.

I stand corrected on all counts.

I just wanted some friends of mine to see the video. and I went looking for it, Like I said he is over 40, Likes to see other peoples work, and he enjoyed yours I posted his response to my blog on another board, for you to read.

You know the mistakes, just keep them to yourself, because know body else noticed them and the video is still great.

sorry about all my historical errors, the two handers looked good though. Ever need a still photographer let me know.

Come photograph some Ohio events... ;-)

Tieran

Remember I did, some of you got angry, didn't want your pictures taken, Mike almost clobbered me with a two hander. I woke the Shack up at 9 AM after they had just gotten to sleep. It just wasn't pretty. But I had a good time.

I'm in Louisiana now, but if I come home and it's an event weekend I'll put in an appearance. Maybe with a costume and a character this time.

later all
Sindyl

Back