A simple Question

Lhrayven,

Forgive me for saying this, but it is somewhat saddening to see such cynicism from one who has not been adventuring long. Nikos speaks wisdom - if you ever want to feel comfortable in the adventuring life, you cannot always go it alone. If you are not satisfied with those you have spent time with currently, then try to get to know others and give them a chance.

I do feel bad that you have not had a welcoming experience in our fair town thus far. Unfortunately, in this time of war, newcomers are often treated with undue suspicion and are not as fully integrated as they would be at other times. Please, if you feel that there has been a lack of hospitality and trust, come and speak to me the next time we are both in town and we should see what we can do about this issue.

-Polare

I do not scorn the town in any way for being distrusting towards others. However I have visited the town several times now and my visiting experiences have been improving very little. However I did appreciate the fact that the magistrate invited me to dinner the last I was town. I felt it was quite an honor and a compliment that anyone actually wanted to get to know me some what better.
In addition Polare, I'm not necessarily one who likes to see combat used as a first means rather then trying to find another solve a problem. However I am also aware that most of the hostile beings that come to the crossroads are not interested in verbal arrangments and such. It truly is a shame the town cannot see peace just briefly for some time. Hopefully I get to eventually see the day of peace within my lifetime.

Polare Lissenstine said:
Lhrayven,

Forgive me for saying this, but it is somewhat saddening to see such cynicism from one who has not been adventuring long. Nikos speaks wisdom - if you ever want to feel comfortable in the adventuring life, you cannot always go it alone. If you are not satisfied with those you have spent time with currently, then try to get to know others and give them a chance.

I do feel bad that you have not had a welcoming experience in our fair town thus far. Unfortunately, in this time of war, newcomers are often treated with undue suspicion and are not as fully integrated as they would be at other times. Please, if you feel that there has been a lack of hospitality and trust, come and speak to me the next time we are both in town and we should see what we can do about this issue.

-Polare

heh

Blistah' me mop bucket, luv, yours truly has his mitt about half tha' check.
If ye's got tha lungs I'll 'ire ya meself, squeezy...see?

Don'na chip the flint, luv I tasted grit right same toime ye did. These poor swamp frogs shimmied up the dry creek, without a canteen savvy? I'll be back outta da fog sauce an' we can give ya seashell a wine crystal oi?

Justin said:
Blistah' me mop bucket, luv, yours truly has his mitt about half tha' check.
If ye's got tha lungs I'll 'ire ya meself, squeezy...see?

Don'na chip the flint, luv I tasted grit right same toime ye did. These poor swamp frogs shimmied up the dry creek, without a canteen savvy? I'll be back outta da fog sauce an' we can give ya seashell a wine crystal oi?

Then a singing test we shall have the next we meet. I'll need to prepare my voice in the meantime and look through my music books for songs that would best demonstrate my range. Perhaps I could even ask the head mistress of the choir if I might join them in practice so that I might be able to better prepare myself. Hopefully the wait till the next we meet will not be too long.

Back