Additional uses for goblin stamps

Auric

Administrator
Alliance Owner
The owners have voted to pass a series of rules allowing new uses for goblin stamps.

• LCO Component for spellcrafting - 50 Goblin stamps ( These components can only be used for spellcrafting at logistics )
  • Full Spellbook - 500 Goblin stamps per spellbook( This allows a player to purchase a full Celestial or Earth Full spellbook )
  • *Full Alchemy Book - 250 Goblin stamps per book ( This allows the purchase of a full alchemy book ) *Any illegal recipes in your chapter would not be added.
  • Tagged Roleplay Items - 1 Goblin stamps per 1 copper ( This allows you to purchase roleplay items listed on Page 33 of the Alliance Rulebook; Horse, Boat, house, etc)
  • Full protectives - 40 Goblin stamps ( This purchase grants a bless,shield,endow,magic armor,spell shield, elemental shield, poison shield. )
  • Recharge spell store - 50 Goblin stamps for 10 levels of spell store. ( Spells may be split between different items and schools. ) This may only be purchased once per weekend.

Last edited:
Alchemy books corrected above, these cost 250, however, any recipes that are illegal in your chapter will not be added.

For the sanity of our logistics teams, I'm assuming they may only be purchased A. Outside of game through logistics. B. At your first logistics period (check-in).

Full protectives - 40 Goblin stamps ( This purchase grants a bless,shield,endow,spell shield, elemental shield, poison shield. )

Was Magic Armor deliberately not included in this purchase, or was this a typo in the post?

Was Magic Armor deliberately not included in this purchase, or was this a typo in the post?

EDIT: Yes it is included.

For the sanity of our logistics teams, I'm assuming they may only be purchased A. Outside of game through logistics. B. At your first logistics period (check-in).

I would say that is up to the chapter to decide.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that isnt thrilled with micro transactions in alliance, like the last 2 in the list? For an additional 5-10 dollars you can start events with 7 buffs is effectively what that translates to for non staff people. That just rubs me the wrong way.

2.0 puts alot of burden on casters friday nights already to pass out buffs. I honestly feel like all players should default start with buffs going into events to take the burden off of casters at lay on. As well as make the game more friendly to newer/low level players. For a low level groups casters it is a lot of there spells to get people ready for adventure friday night.

Will the protectives package always include a spell shield? Could it be a Reflect magic instead?

2.0 puts alot of burden on casters friday nights already to pass out buffs. I honestly feel like all players should default start with buffs going into events to take the burden off of casters at lay on. As well as make the game more friendly to newer/low level players. For a low level groups casters it is a lot of there spells to get people ready for adventure friday night.

I like the idea of a customer service notion to just say your groups caster took care of you on the way to town/in town the day before. There could also be a by chapter clause where this gets turned off for specific events (the town suddenly gets rifted somewhere and preparations couldn't be taken).

Iytsuna - We considered having reflect magic on the list but we opted for simplicity just allowing spell shield for now.

Tantarus - Absolutely a valid opinion. I was the one that wrote up these proposals so maybe let me explain my thought process a bit. Right now Alliance as a game financially cannot run without volunteers. We live and breathe off of the hard work of the people that put in time on our game. One of the few ways we can reward players are with goblin stamps. For this to work, we really need options out there for players to spend it on. We want and more importantly, need players to help out in different aspects. Whether its running our monster camp, being a ritual marshal, donating props, etc, we need all of these things to keep our game running. For this, we really want to give you some good incentives and benefits for helping donate to our game. While you can absolutely donate cash to get the GS, most chapters have other ways that you can contribute without being a full time staff member. We tried to keep all the costs low enough that you can earn these rewards fairly cheaply and easily by just giving back to your chapter. It's a hard call on what is considered pay to play, and also balancing it with rewards for our hard working volunteers. If you have any other suggestions on goblin point sinks, please let me know as I'd like to allow more options in the future. I'd love to have more of a discussion regarding all of this with you and anyone else that might have questions.

Thanks!
Mike Paxton - AGM - Denver

Also given the upcoming MI changes, to go by the 2.0 test packet, much of what GS is being spent on now will no longer exist once rules changeover happens due to the removal of many desirable rituals. Having other ways to spend GS is nice.

I especially appreciate it as a travelling player, because when you only get to a few events a year it's hard to arrange teacher cards or get someone to let you copy a spellbook sometimes. :)

Last edited:
The owners have voted to pass a series of rules allowing new uses for goblin stamps.

• Teacher Tag - 100 Goblin stamps ( Allows you to purchase an untaught skill )
this rubs me the wrong way. Read as written is basically means that you don't have to find people to teach you new skills......so why should anyone take teacher? I far prefer that characters have to interact in game either finding older players who can teach them or finding npcs that can teach if your a newer chapter.

this rubs me the wrong way. Read as written is basically means that you don't have to find people to teach you new skills......so why should anyone take teacher? I far prefer that characters have to interact in game either finding older players who can teach them or finding npcs that can teach if your a newer chapter.

I can NPC for the entire weekend in chapters I play in for a teacher card.

I can also interact with NPCS and try and find a teacher for a skill that is needed. (Edit) I see you mentioned that...

I have no problem with either of those systems what I have a problem with is buying skills with money

You don’t have to spend money to get goblin stamps. You can spend time. Clean, cook, NPC, number of different ways...

I have no problem with either of those systems what I have a problem with is buying skills with money

You’d be surprised at how much money flows into chapters across the Alliance from new players who are just looking to close the gap between themselves and the characters who’ve been played for 10+ years.

LARPs aren’t free to run or supply with props and other necessities, and buying blankets isn’t breaking the system by any means (outside of the fact we need a level cap, but that’s a different conversation).

If that's your preference more power to you. Given that one can't spend build mid-event on a newly learned skill, I prefer not having to keep unspent build for months at a time due to a dearth of people who have time or interest in teaching.

It's a bottleneck that only affects relatively new or retraining characters, and making their spending build a 'may I' to be asked of the higher level population is a customer disservice.

Back