Age of Conan

Aven

Artisan
Has anyone started to play this game? I just bought it to give it a whirl. I know a few people who are playing on a PVP server but I hate PVP :( So I am trying to see if anyone is on a PVE or PRP server.

Thanks!
J

haven't played, but keep me in the loop. am looking for a substitute for my dwindling WoW addiction

Mobius said:
haven't played, but keep me in the loop. am looking for a substitute for my dwindling WoW addiction

He means til the next expansion! :lol:

I just picked it up myself, why don't we just pick a pve/rp server?

What do you plan to play?

Alas! no PvE/RP servers, Lets meet on Omm, I'll be using the name Lurin, A healer of all things (I know I'm a glutten for punishment)

I was thinking of checking it out. I think I'll need it to cleanse myself of Vanguard. Hey, it was only $19.99 so I gave it a shot.

Just let me know a server and I'll pick up a copy of Age of Conan and meet you there. I severe alt-its so whatever you decide to play I'm sure to have something that will go along with it.

EDIT: Just saw that Omm server is where Lurin is. Is that where we should meet?

32 GB of memory... dang! I have 8 GB free right now. I am not sure my hoochin laptop is hoochin enough for this machine. Bummer. We will see.

J

Oi I have to warn you this game is a BEAST, it looks great, but its minimum specs are crazy high. (min is 3ghz chip, 1gig ram, 128mb card, I wouldn't recommend it, recommended is at least a dual core 2.4ghz, and 2 gig of ddr2 ram, 512mb video)

You can send tells to people who arn't on it seems so anyone who joins give lurin a /tell and we'll see when we can meet up.

My XPS desktop that my mom is borrowing probably can handle this... hopefully the laptop will be up to snuff. I will let you know what I log on as. The other Alliance players are on Deathwhisper. I am not sure what their names are.

J

So Deathwhisper is for PvP? Who's on there?

Okay I think my system will work with this. What character class do you recommend for someone that probably will be solo more than in a group? Also, is the combat as complicated as the game manual makes it out to be?

J

Check out their forums. A lot of questions will probably be answered there.

Well there is no way I am playing tonight. The patching is taking way too long. I will have to try it out tomorrow.

I read some reviews saying the patch is about half the size of what comes on the disc. At least it's just (mostly) replacing data not adding it.

To answer, no the combat is not significantly more complicated then what you'll likely be used to. As to soloability it looks like most classes can handle soloing just fine.

I'm not playing it at the moment. The beta did not impress me much, but I have several gaming friends playing on the Cimmera (RP PVP) server and they are also playing "on a PvE server that starts with W." If you are looking for some good folks to run around with, I can PM you their names.

Okay trying Dark Templar on Omm. I believe my character's name is Shalyra. I just got to the city from the jungle and I am level 5. The combat seems interesting, a bit different then I am used to. But cool nonetheless.

J

Are you restricted to different starting areas or is everyone thrown in together?

I can't even play yet. I have to install a plethora of computer updates. My graphics card is just barely inside the minimum so I might be getting a new one.

i hate you all. i want to play this so bad, heard so many good things about it. my machine is a god machine and would run this so beautifully but i just can't devote any time to an mmo because of all my other work. i am sad. :x

Robb,

I feel your pain. I played one hour last night. I won't be able to play again until next week for probably 1-2 hours. And that is how it will be for me.

One thing that I love is having a bunch of friends that sorta play at the same time and whatnot. So if we all formed a guild and just were casual players then we could have a lot of fun without any of the crazy requirements of hard core guilds.

I can't wait to see the nudity. They have an interface option where you can turn off viewing nudity or not. How hot is that? Oh and the battles are pretty dang bloody. I cut off an arm last night.

J

Back