Ahlana

This does help, significantly. I appreciate your candacy on the matter.

What is your opinion of the elders now that you have been exposed to them? Childish creatures of power? Power lording overlords of lording lordship? Do they live by rules or are they just rampaging all over the place in their chosen dispositions?

Zane
Order of the Emerald Flame

The Elders do have rules and rules can be broken, however there are consequences. Cerberus got a meteor dropped on him, Basilisk was cast out.

We have also sealed the elders out of Arden, the only way they have power here is their champions.

My opinion now that I have been a champion, and at the end of one of their daggers, is that they are a necessary additive to a world of magic. They like to think they can do what they want, but as Nom has said they do have their own rules, heck if I know what they are and if they follow them though. Also one thing I left out, the more you give into the urge the stronger your power grows with the dagger. A goblin got a hold of one of the daggers, and I helped dispatch him and the dagger grew stronger making me stronger, quite literally. I do not know if it is this way for all daggers but it was for mine.

Last edited:
Much like adventurers, each Elder has a their own personality, some vastly different from others.
They all have their own goals and objectives.
Their quests, and the daggers abilities reflect upon their individual personality.

As mentioned before, most elders are both good and evil.
The creatures in their hierarchy represent both sides.
IE: Black unicorns and white unicorns.
Some, such as the Leviathan are true nuetral in the sense that it is essentially a predator, and survival based. There is no concept of good/evil in them.

~Ahlana
Champion of the Sphynx

The above was in response to Link regarding the dispositions of the Elders.

Some are aggressive in the pursuit of their goals, some have no defined goals.
Some enjoy meddling, some do not.
Some are secretive and conniving, some are open and honest.

While their existence does not seem vital to the world, it does not do it harm either.
In a way, they are on par with dragons.

~Ahlana

I humbly beg to differ. There is no need for dragons in the world. From my perspective they are simply bizarre strange creatures. I see little reason to ever trust them, I get the same feeling here on the elders.

I trust the champions to have the best interests of the towns people in mind. I thank you Ahlana for your insights in this matter. It's revealing and educational.

Kill all the dragons... I'm just saying.

Zane
Order of the Emerald Flame

Back