Alliance 2.0 Rulebook: Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The description of spellbooks is on page 112. The image with the list of spells that would be in it is on page 115, when it should be on 113. (This image is what you would use if figuring out the spells that go in to a spellbook, to do the calculations described on page 112.)

Create Undead includes a statement about claw use, and the caster needing to provide claw physreps. The text of Corrupt says the target can use claws, but lacks all of the text Create Undead has around claw usage. It should probably be consistent.

In the "Paste of Stickiness" entry, the word "example" is not capitalized at the start of a sentence, and should be.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but "Subjugate" wording is such that if you order a creature to "Carry" something and then order them to "Follow" you, they seem to be obligated to put down the thing they are carrying to follow the new order. Perhaps Carry should include follow the caster?

Under the "Spellcraft" section,
in the 2nd paragraph, "Spellcrafting" is spelled "Spellcrarfting"
in the 9th paragraph on p157, "after" is spelled "afrter"

The picture next to Fortress on p132 is people doing the Sanctuary motion, which could be really confusing for a new player learning the rules.

"Claws" on p41 explicitly states that they must be covered in red tape. That should be generalized so that they can be cloth covered/latex/whatever
"Claws/Body Weaponry" on p62 mentions cloth covering once as an option, but refers to "red tape" in every other instance.

The quiver definition under Archery is still using a measure of length as if it were a measure of volume.
(Saying "volume of 64 inches" is like saying I'm 6 quarts tall.)
The quiver definition under Archery is still using a measure of length as if it were a measure of volume.
(Saying "volume of 64 inches" is like saying I'm 6 quarts tall.)

But does it need a length? As long as you make the volume 64 inches. You fill in the rest of the number. Length*Width*Height=64. So It can be 8inches by 4 inches by 2 inches deep. Or a 4 inch cube. I think that description is fine.

But does it need a length? As long as you make the volume 64 inches. You fill in the rest of the number. Length*Width*Height=64. So It can be 8inches by 4 inches by 2 inches deep. Or a 4 inch cube. I think that description is fine.

A volume can't be 64 inches. It could be 64 cubic inches, but not 64 inches. It's probably a one-word fix, but it's an important word!

I mean, I guess they might mean the style measurement of baggage that known as linear inches, which is just the sum of 3 dimensions. That is a way to measure a container and still use the unit of "inches" (and not "cubic inches"). But it would also mean that for each 64 inch long string you carry, you can carry 20 arrows.

Page 159, it states "Characters with High Magic can allocate some of their High Magic points to the Formal Magic ability, so long
as they have mastered 9th circle spells (the prerequisite for Formal Magic)." I believe that this is the old rule, and the chart in the skills section has a very much more lenient rule.

Page 159, it states "Characters with High Magic can allocate some of their High Magic points to the Formal Magic ability, so long
as they have mastered 9th circle spells (the prerequisite for Formal Magic)." I believe that this is the old rule, and the chart in the skills section has a very much more lenient rule.

9th circle spells are still the prereq for Formal Magic - each High Magic ability has its own prerequisites to use, listed in the High Magic table. Other High Magic such as Spellcrafting does not require that.

Like Ken said, Formal Magic is a High Magic option, with a 9th level spell in the appropriate Aspect as a prerequisite.

Oddly enough, you currently do not need a 9th level spell to Spellcraft a Ritual, which strikes me as very odd.

Like Ken said, Formal Magic is a High Magic option, with a 9th level spell in the appropriate Aspect as a prerequisite.

Oddly enough, you currently do not need a 9th level spell to Spellcraft a Ritual, which strikes me as very odd.

That's not a mistake but a pretty intentional choice. To support channelers/potion makers/scroll makers.

I suspect some of those supported production players are a little bitter they can’t produce real magic items, though...

I suspect some of those supported production players are a little bitter they can’t produce real magic items, though...

As a non-blacksmith artisan, the fact that I can't make anything of lasting value is annoying but a bit off-topic for this thread. Please continue this discussion in another thread, if at all.

That's not a mistake but a pretty intentional choice. To support channelers/potion makers/scroll makers.
Didn't think it was a mistake, just odd is all. I just used currently because things are in a bit of flux and there's a chance it could change between now and the final version (similar to how Teacher was removed entirely).

Thing that will bug me and probably no one else.

The Reagents on page 163 are in alphabetical order except for "Ley Ore", since it is still where "Wand" was originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back