An Elf In The Commons Area In The lux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Nomak

The afternoon air is crisp, there is a gentle breeze eating away the snow underfoot. An elf strolls out of the forest into the common area with a medium-sized box in hand. There doesn't seem to be anything special about this elf, in either stature or appearance. He stands about average height, his hair is sort of a reddish-brown, his eyes an icy-blue colour, his clothes are clean but ordinary-looking. He carefully places the box down, meticulously looks it over as if to appraise his work. Seemingly pleased with his work, he steps up onto the box looks left toward both the Earth Weavers pavilion and the Arcane Sanctum, then to his right toward the tavern. He pulls out a flask, pulls out a cork from the opening, and takes a deep drink. He begins to look very anxious, his hands start to tremble. Before placing the stopper back in, he takes another deep drink, judging by the size of the flask and the angle from which he took the sip; the container was sure to be empty.

"EVERYONE GATHER AROUND, I BELIEVE LORD AZ'CAINE IS EVIL!!! TELL ME I AM WRONG. TELL ME HOW SOMEONE WHO USES MAGIC AS HE DOES TO STAY YOUNG, SOMEONE WHO WILL ORDER THE DEATH OF INNOCENT FAE, SOMEONE WHO SITS BY WHILE THE WORLD IS ENDING IS NOT EVIL. WE WERE ASKED AND EXPECTED TO GRIND FAE, INNOCENT AND HOSTILE ALIKE BY HIM. NOT EVEN DEAD FAE, LIVING FAE AND FOR WHAT? THEIR ESSENCE? WAS THERE NO OTHER WAY? WHO JUST HAS A FAE GRINDER LAYING IN THEIR HOUSE? PERHAPS THIS IS THE TRUE SECRET TO HIS IMMORTALITY, AND IF NOT ITS A SIGN OF HIS BLOODLUST, A SIGHN OF WHY NOBODY QUESTIONS HIS POSITION. TELL ME WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO RISK OUR LIVES WITH VERY LITTLE REWARD, TIME AND TIME AGAIN? WHY IF HE IS SO POWERFULL AND GOOD DOES HE NOT LEAD THE CHARGE AGAINST THE FAE LORDS? I PROPOSE THAT HE IS IN LEAGUE WITH AL'ZOON HIMSELF. DO WE NOT FIND IT CONVENIENT THAT THE END THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN WITHIN A MONTHS TIME STRETCHED OUT FOR SIX MONTHS? DO WE NOT FIND IT CONVENIENT THAT WE HAVE MADE NO EFFORT TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE TO SOLVING THIS PROBLEM? WE BLINDLY FOLLOW ORDERS BECAUSE WE ARE TOLD IT IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO. WE MARCH ON WITH HALF A PLAN AND BAD INFORMATION ALL BECAUSE WE ARE TOLD ITS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO. I SAY NO MORE! IN THE YEARS TO COME WHEN THEY SING OUR TALES THE TALES OF LORD SARRYN, OF LADY SOLVEIG, CASSIOPEIA, RUKI AND THE OTHERS WHO FELL, THEY WILL NOT BE OF HEROICS, THEY WILL BE OF IGNORANCE, OF NEEDLESS DEATH! I SAY WE STAND TOGETHER AND WE SAY NO MORE. NO MORE SHALL WE FOLLOW EVIL BLINDLY, NO MORE SHALL WE WALK INTO THE REACHES TO DIE A THANKLESS SENSELESS DEATH; INSTEAD, WE REFUSE TO GO; INSTEAD, WE ASK FOR A NEW LEADER; INSTEAD WE FIND ANOTHER WAY! WHO AMONG YOU DARE BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STAND WITH ME? WHO AMONG YOU WILL RAISE YOUR HAND NOW, OR SHOUT OUT TO PUT AN END TO THIS NONSENSE? OR BETTER YET, SOMEONE ANYONE TELL ME IM WRONG, CHANGE MY MIND IF THIS IS NOT TRUE."

Last edited:
A Sylvanborn walked up with blue horns wearing a green dress. She listened to the rant and waited for it to end with an amused look on her face. She waited until he stopped yelling and to see if anyone else would approach before she did.

“You are equally crazy and bold. I like it. I am Rohnan, who might you be?”

The Elf was visibly excited that he had gained the attention of the Sylvanborn. he would continue going on but decided to address the querie posed to him.

"WHY, I am Eldrin, Eldrin Fengwyn investigative reporter extraordinaire. Glad to make your acquaintance." He would say with bravado.

“Invesigative reporter?” She asked “Do you have a specific publication that you work for? Or are you self published?” (In crayon) she thought to herself, “I would be very interested to see your research if you don’t mind and then maybe I can give you an interview?” She jestered to the arcane sanctum badge on her chest. “I am an lore seeker in the sanctum and have had some interaction with the archmage.”

Eldrin simply listened to the Sylvanborn, unsure of what to say. he then decided upon saying.
"It is all right, I would prefer to stay out of the conclave. it is safer out here. No sense in letting THEM silence the truth."
Eldrin would reach into his pocket to pull out a note pad and take notes.

"What did you say your name was again?" He asked. "Have your dealings with him (the archmage) been any different than I have stated?"
The Elf awaits a response from the person before him.

“Oh, I’ll be more than happy to discuss my interactions with the archmage, but first, I would really like to read your notes. I’m sure that we can come to some sort of understanding in exchange of information. I’m very interested in the reasearch that you have done so far. Especially on your theory as to how AzCain stays young. Mother always said, ‘never trust a long lived human’”.

Eldrin gave it some thought and decided which words to use next. he handed the Sylvanborn a poster with information on it. "I would be putting these around town for people to see; they have all the key information I have heard." He paused with anxious excitement. Deciding upon how he will speak next he begins talking once more. "I do not keep all my notes here, but they outline the points I just shouted to the town. He has a fae grinder for extracting essence why? He commands others to die for no good reason. a good leader will lead battles, what sort of mage uses magic to extend their life to retain power when a race change was an option. OH wait I know someone else who refuses to race change to achieve his goal. The Duke, D** coincidence? This is only part of why I believe him to be evil."

Last edited:
She blinked several times trying to keep her composure. “This is definitely a point of interest to be sure. Though I do worry about the way that you are getting your information out.” She gestured to her home, “I feel like you can accomplish much more if we have a good calm discussion. If you like my home is over there and much more comfortable, and far less open.”

Ruki heard the commotion of the elf all the way from the cabin, and decided to investigate. He THOUGHT he had heard what he did, but needed to make sure. "Good day Rhonan, and to you sir," he nodded. "Az'caine is evil you say? I didn't get the rest of the message, could you elaborate on that please. Ideally with less shouting."

The elf looked at the Sylvanborn feeling very paranoid. This sounded like a trap, a trick. "sure, I am just going to follow one of his acolytes someplace private where you can silence me. I will neither go to your house, nor the conclave thank you very much. I think I am rather calm about how I am speaking of my theories. Have you counterpoints?"

He would think to himself. do not leave this place, do not leave this place to be murdered or worse, do not leave this place to be murdered or ground up for your essence. do not leave this place to be murdered, ground up, enslaved, brainwashed. maybe I just need to leave. nobody cares about the truth. no first I need to tell them the truth.

She looked at the human who just approached slightly annoyed. She had just started to calm down the elf the extra person was probably not going to help matters. “Fair enough,” she raised her hands to show that there was no weapons or conjured mana ready to be fired. “Look, we aren’t here to harm you. I will not try to silence you. You clearly feel wronged. I just worry for your safety. I don’t think that AzCain would appreciate anyone talking bad about him, especially if half of what you say is true.” She calmly said. “If you don’t want to come and have a quiet conversation that’s fine, but for your own safety, maybe we should go someolace a bit more less open. I only suggested my own home because I can ensure your safety there I can’t anywhere else.”

his eyes grew in awe another has come to hear his theories. he attempted to remain calm as he took note of the new human.
"Yes, I believe he is evil. I believe when all is said and done it will turn out he is the real bad guy." He would pause a moment as he realized who it was addressing him. "Ruki, you ought to know better than anyone that our ventures into the reaches seem to be for nothing. did you not lay your life down only to have others die for nothing? As I hear it we were given bad if not false information that lead to all the casualties that occurred that night. the months that followed further poor information lead to more death and little pay off why anyone continues to keep going back with little evidence that these bad things will happen is beyond me. where is your other leader? I believe Jinn has gone into self-exile over all of this."

*quick oog note he has craftsman Conspiracy theorist.*

Last edited:
"You do know," Ruki explained, "That Az'Caine is a noble, correct? And that slandering a noble, in public and loudly no less, is a crime. You look like a fine, upstanding citizen, you look like a smart guy... you can't be out here shouting that from the top of your lungs. Plus, I'm curious where you're getting this information from."

Stunned he looks back. "what information are you unsure about? It is public knowledge he has a fae grinder no? is it not also public knowledge that he uses magics of the conclave to extend his life? Is it also not public knowledge that he refuses to help in any way with the closing the reaches? Nothing I have said is anything but the truth, a truth that leads me to believe that like D** the vampire, he is a villain. D** is also nobility, and yet you seem comfortable with me mentioning his villainous nature. If you ask me it is pretty convenient to punish or silence those that seek accountability under the protection of a title. Do you feel that nobility ought to let people get away with murder or other foul deeds? Do you not tire of others getting their way just because they hold a title?"

The Sylvanborn raised her eyebrows at the elf’s words and looked at the human and took note of his sanctum badge. “well, oh war mage, what would you like to do about this situation?”

Ruki smirked at Rohnan bringing up his rank and said, "Well, as a War Mage of the Arcane Sanctum... I would say for one, DAM is an enemy of the realm, and thus you are free to slander. And secondly, I would advise choosing what message you spread publicly very, VERY carefully. Because people might actually think he was serious about his claims, and if he was, it would be unfortunate. No one wants to go to prison over some words."

He looked to the elf to see if the warning landed.

He met the human's eyes and looked back with contempt. not for the human, nor the Sylvanborn. "I notice that you did not deny the points that I made. Is it slander if it is the truth? Perhaps your rank keeps you from saying what is in your heart. If you have an alternate belief and evidence I will gladly listen if it is compelling enough I may even be up to spreading that word about, but I can promise you I am not the only one who thinks this."

“Okay well I’m bored.” The Sylvanborn said, “I’m not dumb enough to denounce a dragon mage in public when he has the power and authority to have me executed. My life is worth more that that to me. Good luck trying to destabilize the establishment but as far as I’m concerned you can do what you like in that regard. If you wish to discuss this where people won’t over hear you then, well, you know where I live. Now I’m going to go find something more interesting to do.” And she turned to walk away.

to look at him, he was visibly distraught. "Take this." He would blurt while trying to pass along a paper with information on it. "Surely there is no harm in taking this," he explained while jotting down a few things he extends his hand outward being careful not to lose his balance off of the box which he was standing upon.

She took the note from the eccentric elf, “Okay. I’ll take the note. You keep doing you.” She said to him. She then turned to look at the human, “War Mage,” she nodded as she walked off back over to her house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back