An Elf In The Commons Area In The lux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruki tried to get a peak at what the note said as it was being scribbled, but couldn't make anything out. He waved goodbye to Rohnan without looking away from the elf. "So, are we going to make smart choices for the rest of today?"

The elf was patting down each of his pockets searching for something. He pulled out the flask he had been drinking from earlier and gave it a shake before taking and returning it to his pocket. "how about the dwarves keeping mages locked up so that they can power their cities? care to hear about that or is that treason as well?" he asked with an amount of contempt in his voice.

"That...." Ruki was dumbfounded by the sheer stupidity, "...is something I've never heard of. Not treasonous or slanderous at all if you keep it vague like that. But the second you start attaching names to it, noble names, then that's when the problems will start."

He knew he would regret asking but... "Where did you hear such a thing?"

As he looked back at the human he shook his head. As he stepped down from his box and collected his things he began to speak. "It is clear now that the sorts of people who live around here are those who live with their head in the sand and follow orders without question. I had will bid you a good day, perhaps I will find more kindred thinkers and spirits at another time. mark me when I say this one day you will look back when the dwarves have collected you lot up, and this land has met its end to those that claim to be the heroes end up being villains and you will wish that you had listened to this poor old elf." The elf then gave a nod to the human and walked off into the forest headed north.

Solveig walks out from behind a nearby tree. She wasn’t used to hearing her title used and was quite interested in what was being said.
“Hello, what’s all this about?” She nods to Ruki and Rhonan.

“Awriht” Baibh said, flicking his smoke into the fire pit, walking towards the forest, bee-lining towards the reporter.

“Jus’t’see whether y’be a crack-pot paranoid lil citizen or not, I dun’mind layin’ some o’ the facts down fer’yeh.

One. Az’caine’s bin livin’ so long cuz ‘e’s got a piece’o dragon in ‘im.. or had, the reports ain’t s’clear there.

Two. Creatures of power kinnah go inta th’Reaches lest they suffer th’same corrupted fate o’those in control of this lands.

Three. Those tha’ go t’the Reaches do so willingleh an’ on a volunteer basis t’fight our -actual- enemeh Al’zoon.

Few years back there was a group’s individuals ruin’n Calanhelm by workin’ for Al’zoon, tryin’tah take the city from within.”

Baibh’s right hand fell to rest upon the pommel of one of his twin silvered short blades before continuing, “Y’wouldn’t be one of them would yeh? Cuz I don’t mind spill in’ yer innards here’s now if tha’s the case. Or I think it t’be. Choice is yer’s.”

He leveled his gaze to the man, waiting for a response.

(edited your follow the scene into the woods)

The Sylvanborn stopped her retreat and turned around to watch what was happening. Threatening the poor crazy elf seemed a bit extreme to her and she walked back over to watch over things incase they got out of hand.

The elf had been walking briskly into the woods, he would have not gotten too far before the human caught up to him. The dwellings of the lux were well within the voice range of the pair. He would size up the short-lived fellow before him before dignifying it with any sort of response. He pulled out his writing utensil and mumbled as he jotted down what the person had said.

"Interesting, interesting, So, First off is there a particular reason you feel so compelled to defend the archmage? Second, accusing me of being the enemeh when all I ask want is people to think critically is the exact sort of thing that an agent Al'zoon would do." He let out a little laugh at the sight of the human posturing before him. He knew his type, had seen them time and again. he raised his arms and took a spin about.

"do you feel such a mighty need to defend this man that you would bully an unarmed person? here we are well within earshot of where I had just been talking to people, still well within sight of the lux as a whole and there you stand threatening assault. You cant be so daft to not realize that assault is also a crime? Or are you so brazen and above the law that you feel you could kill me here and now without personal provocation?" he let loose a laugh of contempt.

" and people say I am paranoid. this here is why I don't trust your lot. lastly, are you saying then that it's impossible for beings of that power to lend a hand? because If that's what you're saying I have heard stories of a dragon who brought some fine people from these parts into the reaches. sure they left right away and people were not happy about it but they did in fact do it. are you telling me that it wouldn't be worthwhile for the mage if he was truly a hero to step in momentarily to help even the odds?"

“Ah’ve threatened and bullied a -lot- more fer a -lot- less.” Baibh responded coolly. “Sounds like yer a wee virgin in these parts though so I’ll cut yeh a break. Ye’dun have yer facts straight boy, ye’d best get back teh research’n if’n yeh want teh accost them’s in the frontline o’this war.”

“Also. Y’know this forest ain’t safe right? Word is some crazed Tari Nor got fed up, same as you. Used some powerful magics t’make these woods around yeh, but see they’re full o’fae. Ain’t no natural forest, some people go in an’ever come back agin. If’n I was feel’n really cruel I’d jus’leave yeh t’tha fate, but I think yeh’d best March yer *** back t’town square an’deal with the hubbub yeh’ve made.”

Not moving, Baibh gauged the man to see his reaction before continuing, “An’ why do I hop so hard t’defend the Archmage? A couple o’reasons really, firstly I know he’d do the same fer me, an’ has on occasion. Tha’s th’whole point, equivalent exchange an’all tha’, we ‘elp ‘im in closin the breaches an ee‘elps us with what we need. Secondly, the man is essentially nobility, an’ what yer doin ‘ere? Well some might see that as mockin nobility, which be illegal o’course. An’ anyone in all th’Lux ‘as ‘eard yeh, so agin, best teh go face the crap yeh’ve said without research‘n. A’fore one of em pesky Homeguard come sniff’n around.”

"the Hubbub?" the elf chuckles, "if you say so, while it was my complete intention to be heard. there were maybe five people in the square. counting you three bothered to even talk to me. you consider that a mess; I consider it a complete failure."

the elf casually looked upon his notes.

"ya'know it'd be swell if ya'd all pull the wool from yer own eyes. or mayhaps, it seems ta mee ya ll know well what tha wut I'm say'n is the true true, an ya all just afraid to say as much. an Just cause I ain't afraid ta say som'in yer afraid the monsters a gonna come get us exactly like I'm say'n." He wasn't trying to mock him as he spoke, his father had told him that people will be more at ease if you act as they do, unfortunately he wasn't entirely used to talking so lazily. he found the lack of annunciation almost impossible to do.

he snickers before he speaks again. " Seems ta me, that its pretty easy ta say everyun likes ye, if ye go round arestin, and murderin those that say otherwise. tsnot murder after all if its justice. ya can judge me all ya want, but you look like your the virgin, maybe wut tweny-thiry years old? tis easy ta see how somun with so few years could be so short-sighted. ya can say that he's maybe got sum drag'n in em that's fine n well but tell me this has there never bin once when he's done or said somin that didn't sit completely right wit ya? just has a fae grinder about, doesn discriminate whut ones ta grind? as fer givin' stuff from wut I've heard n seen he only gives what suits serves emself. funny ow that culdran never got put back in the reaches like I erd twas suposta be. let me guess 'but the home guard ave it.' iv erd a thing or two bout them. don't know if id be trustin them seeing as they kill children and cast necromancy."

“Mm. Me curiousity ‘ppears t’be sated.” Baibh says, “Yer a crack-pot who don’t now what’re he talking’bout, enjoy what short amount’ve experience ye’get ‘round ‘ere. An’when y’come ‘round we’ll be happy t’accept yer’help, seems t’me ‘s smarter tah experience fer yer self then go off’a stories yeh kinnah substantiate.” The portly man started making his way back towards the fire pit and exclaimed loudly over his shoulder, “Til then ah’ll be keep’n me eye on yeh, and fer yer notes that’s Baibh Fook’n Malletknocker, Sword of House Therion an member o’the ‘Omeguard.”

Before lighting another smoke, Baibh yelled over to Solveig, “Don’t seem like nothing’s goin on M’lady, jus’ some addled fool try’n teh stir a pot tha’don’ need stirring.”

The elf would shout back, " Keep an eye on me all ya want, your fancy titles don't impress me, you are just a man you live, you breathe, and you will die long before I. that is unless, you take up the practices of those who extend their lives unnaturally like D#@ and Az'cane whom you are so fond of. You can call me a crackpot all you want at least I don't work under a man who kills children and casts necromancy. If you ask me that sounds more crackpotish at least I look at those above me and wonder if what they do is right. I would rather die living an examined life, than a sheep."

The elf turned and carried back onward into the forest.

Solveig watched as the strange elf walked away. She crossed her arms and nodded to Baibh.
“you know old friend, I think we will want to keep a close eye on him and an ear to the ground when he’s close. Lord Sarryn owes a lot to the archmage, and I’m not too happy about what was being said....”
She frowns and shakes her head as if to clear her thoughts.
“Now, how about a nice cup of coffee and a smoke while we watch the Lux go about it’s day?”
She claps him on the back and starts walking towards the house, glancing back once more after the strange newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back