Announcements regarding the November Playtest event

Are we gonna be ok if we miss Sunday? I literally don't have time to both clean everything I need to and also get to play my character in that amount of time. Should we expect to have to like fate of party or otherwise fudge our survival?

You cant die for reals on playtests. I am sure it will be fine.

Let's talk about Slayers and Reavers (the Rituals). Feedback from playtests so far has shown that they have real balance issues in their current form, especially against Undead, and I strongly suspect that they are going to be changed significantly after the Playtests are complete.

We have lots of other things to Playtest and see how they work, especially versus Undead.

Because of this, we are encouraging players to consider other Rituals and *not* to take Slayers / Reavers (especially Undead Slayer) - both (a) to help validate how other Undead changes balance without Slayer in the picture skewing the results, and (b) to make sure that players get a chance to playtest their own builds and Magic Item options without having a potentially skewed perspective by using Undead Slayer to solve all problems. We are not prohibiting players from bringing these Rituals - you can if you really want to! - but it may affect your playtesting experience and may throw off your expectations for "final" 2.0.

Separately, keep in mind that the location you are heading to in-game is one that has "used" the 2.0 rules for a long, long time (this was noted in the in-game hooks that were released), and that in-game creatures there may have looked at in-game "protections" from Slayers and Reavers.

-Bryan

I will say after the Oregon playtest that Undead slayer seemed to really powerful. To the point it really will mess up peoples perception of combat vs undead. Making it hard to judge all other abilities vs them. Keep in mind undead are heavy armor and light body to make healing more effect against them. Undead slayer really breaks this dynamic.

It would be really good if we can get an idea of how the game goes without them. A fighter using them really rolls undead in an unbalanced way. I am coming as a high level fighter and I will be forgoing Slayers as bryan suggested.

Wanted to bump this post! As a reminder:

- You can be in game as soon as you're ready for "soft RP" in Strayden even before Opening Ceremonies.
- Opening will start at 9:30 PM and be completed by 10:30 PM. Players ready at that time may come into game on the opening mod; players who are not ready by 10:30 will be asked to wait and a separate followup mod will be run for them after the first opening mod is done.
- There will be a significant event on Sunday morning; characters should be prepared to come into game for Sunday morning
- As you'll be traveling through a portal to a different IG location, players should bring what they'd reasonably be able to carry through. We aren't going to have players actually carry all of their IG items in their arms, but please keep this in mind when deciding what to bring.
- Right now the weather looks dry but cold - make sure to bring warm clothes!

We look forward to seeing everybody on Friday!

-Bryan

Back