Another Friday Night Meeting, and an Undertaking

Lurin

Duke
Once again I intend to hold a meeting Friday night for those interested to help share information and organize those in town to take care of them. As always please remember this is in no way mandatory, I have no claim to your time or your service but the previous meeting I think yielded good results. Shortly after this meeting I will be calling upon those willing to help me hopefully confront an issue I have been struggling with personally for some time, ideally before it's too late to prevent further deaths and Resurrection.

As a side note, the town Cloak scroll will be available for those that wish to spell craft from it at this time, although I will not be personally offering to perform any due to my planned castings Saturday morning.

In Service,
Enan Bluewater.

Lurin said:
Once again I intend to hold a meeting Friday night for those interested to help share information and organize those in town to take care of them. As always please remember this is in no way mandatory, I have no claim to your time or your service but the previous meeting I think yielded good results. Shortly after this meeting I will be calling upon those willing to help me hopefully confront an issue I have been struggling with personally for some time, ideally before it's too late to prevent further deaths and Resurrection.

As a side note, the town Cloak scroll will be available for those that wish to spell craft from it at this time, although I will not be personally offering to perform any due to my planned castings Saturday morning.

In Service,
Enan Bluewater.

Enan,

You ask for help from us regarding your werebear condition, for us to risk our lives, so you don't have to resurrect yourself, and you still haven't done the most simple thing regarding what happened - apologize. You stated what you did, and what you're doing going forward, but at no point have you ever uttered the words "I'm sorry". People have resurrected because of your actions. Why should any other lives be put at risk, when you could solve this simply by resurrecting yourself? At the very least, justice would be served, for those spirits that were fractured due to your actions.

For those that would ask me to practice what I preach - the Brotherhood of the Light has joined the Earth Guild, and to make amends, turned over all of our holdings to the Earth Guild, returning what was theirs, plus what we had, to atone for our sin. We will reform in the future, but as a part of the Earth Guild, under their guidance and control.

I ask you, Enan - where is your public act of contrition? You're responsible for deaths of other adventuers. You've attacked others, including myself. Yet you still expect us to risk our lives for you, but you can't accept responsibility for what you've done?

Good luck.

Eric Marsters

Journeyman Marsters, Plutonian Apprentice and member of the Shadows light,

My apologizes, I was under the impression I had apologized profusely to everyone involved, likely including some who where not as well. Perhaps it is my Barrister training and ways that made my main speech not carry enough weight, as admitting fault, or error, is the sincerest form of apology among those who practice my art. I recall apologizing immediately upon regaining my mind, I recall apologizing to Milosh, specifically and all those near-by when I regained my feet. I recall traveling to Valadanis to apologize personally to Bob, Tadron, and the other members of the House of Games. I wrote letters, I paid monies for damages for all those requested and set up an account with Bob to replace any weapons or equipment claimed to be damaged during the attack.

Since that time I have struggled with this disease mightily, at times I have felt it's near master, at other times I find myself holding onto my humanity by the thinnest of threads. I have depended on the council of our knights, a few others whose council I trusted and whose discretion was expected, it seems the discretion at least is no longer an issue.

As to resurrecting, I have a number of concerns about that, first life is not cheap, I have never been of the belief that I have an exceptionally strong spirit like you adventurers seemed to be graced with. To put it bluntly, I'm not a brave enough man to risk meeting my permanent end just to make things easier. Second, lychanthropy is no simple disease, it is capable of bonding to a spirit and surviving Resurrection, as can be seen by our local werebear tribe, it might be possible that such a Resurrection would ingrain the effects so deeply they could not be over come. Since that first, unexpected, situation I have traveled constantly with companions that have sworn to send me to my end before allowing me to transform and send anyone else to theirs. I am not sure what justice would be served by adding another spirit to the pile of this tragedy.

Those who come with me to attempt to cure this disease will have my thanks, I have repeated stated that I have no authority, no power to compel others to come with me in this task. However I have seen such acts of strength, courage, honor, and compassion in the service to the adventurers in this town in their travels that I have allowed myself to dare to hope there are some willing to help me cure this disease in a repeatable manner we can use on others suffering from the same affliction, I am unwilling to risk another to this method without being sure it works. If you chose not to come Eric, that is your right, as it is for anyone else not willing, wishing, or able, I hold no grudges, that being said, I, and those that will come with me will be attempting to cleanse this affliction, and additional bodies help many any task easier, and safer.

For my part, to be clear for both yourself and anyone else listening to the dreamscape, I take responsibility for my actions, but only those that can be fairly contributed to me. I am sorry for overreaching beyond my power in my desire to create a life item for the town, I am sorry that my unwitting acceptance of assistance from a fey caused this affliction to slip into town and cause the carnage it did. I am not however sorry for not being in control of myself when control was taken from me by the force of the disease. I do the best I can to make amends for the errors I have committed, but I will not waste time making amends, apologies, or excuses for those things I could not control.

Wayside is a dangerous place, I have not been the first to fall afoul of powers beyond my might to control, and while I continue to regret my missteps, I am determined to keep my eyes on the path before me, not on the pitfalls behind me.

Once again Marsters, as publicly as I know how to say it, I'm Sorry. If you wish anything more of me regarding this manner, I ask that you request it before the close of the next market day, should anyone else hearing my voice feel I owe them any debt, be it simple apologize or something grander, I would ask the same as we cannot spend our lives forever looking to the past.

-Humbly,
Enan Bluewater

BlueWater,

If you fail in your goals or seek mastery over your forms, come to me, bring anyone bitten by you or so afflicted. My grandfather and I await your coming.

Your heart finally shows mettle. Bring that and no excuses.

Gimclaw

Marsters, t'ink of it dhis vay: Enan took a risk to create a Life item for zhe town, to help, and now he is asking us to help him rid of zhe disease vhich could kill us all again. If you vant to blame anyvon for zhe deaths vhich took place back dhen, you can blame me if you vish. I had zhat item vhich could have saved us all, and I vas rendered unable to use it due to some fault of my own. I don't think Enan has anything to apologize for, though he had before, and now again.

Enan, I vill be vith you in dhis.

Grimclaw, I know not much of you, but vhat can you do to help Enan should dhis not vork? I am not afflicted, nor do I vish to be, but if he seeks you later, I vould be dhere as vell.

~ Talitha Vashti

Talitha Vashti said:
Marsters, t'ink of it dhis vay: Enan took a risk to create a Life item for zhe town, to help, and now he is asking us to help him rid of zhe disease vhich could kill us all again. If you vant to blame anyvon for zhe deaths vhich took place back dhen, you can blame me if you vish. I had zhat item vhich could have saved us all, and I vas rendered unable to use it due to some fault of my own. I don't think Enan has anything to apologize for, though he had before, and now again.

Enan, I vill be vith you in dhis.

Grimclaw, I know not much of you, but vhat can you do to help Enan should dhis not vork? I am not afflicted, nor do I vish to be, but if he seeks you later, I vould be dhere as vell.

~ Talitha Vashti

Talitha,

It's proper to hold the main caster mostly responsible for any formal magic use, with assistants being held partially accountable. This is the same accountability used by both the Earth Guild and the Celestial Guild. Also, Enan didn't use a proper, legal circle for the casting of the ritual, which would have been at the Earth Guild. Casting in just any circle still is against the law in Wayside, and is careless, as it exposes one to a potentially lethal distraction that could cause a backlash of the ritual. Bob did his part to fix things, staying up extremely late to cast a ritual to cleanse three of us from the lycanthropy. We had attempted to get Enan, so he could be involved, but he refused to come.

At this point, I'm ready to move on. In Enan's explanation before, he never actually apologized. He said everything but the actual apology. If he said something that night, I never heard it. I was busy tending to those wounded, and trying to figure out who had been infected by his actions.

Eric

All,

I think it is just time for everyone to agree that bad stuff happened, and we've moved on. Talitha, Eric, or anyone else, we should all remember each other as friends and allies, instead of instigating any possible strife (for I smell the beginnings of an argument/grudge brewing, and it is not a pleasant aroma). The less time we spend battling with each other, in any sense, means more time to battle what actually needs to be.

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Barrister Bluewater,

It pleases me that you and Marsters have come to an understanding. To ensure that there is no misunderstanding, The Order of Shadow's Light will assist you in your quest to cleanse your spirit of lycanthopy. Any information you can provide to me prior to our next meeting would be ideal to assist in our own preparations. Until then...

May the Light guide you and may Shadow guard your path.

Arcanist Dure'dhel

All,

There are indeed many things that need to be discussed. I am hoping that we can work together and achieve great results, as we have done in the past.

Sera FallingStar

It is well known that Enan and I do not always see eye to eye, but I feel I should confirm that he had indeed made clear his culpability in this matter and I have witnessed him making many personal apologies. If anyone felt that Enan's gestures fell short they should have taken that up with Enan privately. I agree that the storytelling is seemingly done and there is little to be gained from this remaining a public spectacle, yet as long as there remains those who suffer lycanthropy as a result of this event we can not simply let the matter lie.

While I disagree with Enan's assertion that things done under the force of the curse are as a matter of course not to be considered the cursed's fault, if a possibility remains to cure lycanthropy without the need for more death then I support it's exploration whole-heartedly. If I can be there to assist, I will. I only hope that this potential resolution can be found, before loss of control by someone begs a more immediate solution.

-Kyrie

I would like to note that this meeting will take place a bit later in the Evening as private meetings how been requested by people with the authority to do so and I must honor their wishes. As always I do encourage people to attend if possible, a number of issues were shared the last market day that might have been other wised overlooked. I will also be distributing two of my own items once again to the hands of people who I believe will wield them in such a way as to ensure the survival of as many people as possible.

It should be noted that Journeyman Marsters, while passionate, is not a close student of the law, requirements for ritual castings in our lands is to have the proper authorities notified, in this case, and in the case of my planned casting this Saturday, not just one, but all three knights of our land were informed and had sufficient time and opportunity to intercede. The circle I used was as safe as any circle can be, and it is safer to perform such rituals in a limited circle to prevent potential damage to the far more valuable permanent circles, and while I regret the failure of my ritual, it in no way violate either the wording, or intention of our laws. That being said, I have great respect both for Marsters and the guilds he serves and agree that those wishing to practice rituals can receive much assistance and guidance from such.

Sera Kyrie's point is well taken and I should clarify my statements, I am indeed responsible for what happens when I'm under the effects of my affliction, as is evidenced by my willingness to pay damages, and put myself at personal risk to attempt a cure for the condition I unleashed. However this responsibility does not in my mind impose the need to wallow in self recriminations and sorrow over what has happened, instead it is a challenge that must be met head on, confronted and laid to rest as soon as possible, this is why I said I am sorry for the mistakes I made, but not specifically sorry for the portions I could not control. The repercussions are mine to bear, but I can do so with a spirit unburdened by guilt.

By any measure, I do not look forward to this coming Friday's activities, necessary though they might be, but I am thankful for those willing to come with me to see this through and hopefully remove this affliction so we can move ahead with other problems, and to be completely honest, for me to fade back into the background and return to my work as a helper to those that truly deserve it better than I.

-Enan Bluewater

Back