April 26th Weekend Event Preregistration: A Deal Not Made

Kitaruen

Knight
Site will be Camp Palos
We look forward to seeing you at the weekend! At the 2019 Opener and our first 2.0 Event!

All PCs should report to the Cluster Cabins and NPCs to the Ranch House. Tenting is welcome as well!

The event for PCs will cost $75 and NPCs $25; however anyone who preregisters will gain a $15 discount! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday are included with your event fee.

The site opens 6PM on Friday April 26th, registration will begin at 8PM and game on should be at 10PM. Game Off will be 2PM Saturday with us needing to be off site at 4PM. The sites address is : 11736 S Will Cook Rd, Lemont, IL 60439 S Will Cook Rd, Lemont, IL 60439 : Camp Palos

Preregistrations should include needed tags, your production, magic items, and any food allergies. Battleboards forms are available at logistics just ask! These must be sent to Logistics@chicagoalliancelarp.com no later than Tuesday April 23rd at 11:59Pm. Or you may use our prereg form found here.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcSnSuK0Vd7yrWGq52vrpyxz734SRMOWEFJON-y9E8O9whew/viewform?usp=sf_link

Prepay via paypal to... Robertdautovski@yahoo.com

WITH that said when 2.0 goes live everyone will get a spirit forge and race change! But that is May 31st! Right now we are operating under playtest-transition rules. Some notes: We will allow a spirit forge for the April 26th and May 24th Events however you must remain you current race (Barbarians/Oathsworn are an exception). Anyone who has successfully converted their magic items already (IE before the events) may use them however no duration charges will be burned at these events. For the April 26th Weekend All Players will be granted a single 20 ritual item that lasts the duration of the event but the item is only granted to those who preregister. We also are encouraging folks to play with different builds and want to encourage experimentation- For the Opener we will print your current 1.3 card to verify build/deaths ect...but ask YOU print your card (this could be to a pdf sent to us that we then print FYI) using one of the excellent character spreadsheets on the forum or the freeplay CMA: https://freeplay.alliancelarp.com/users/sign_in - IF you print 2 character cards for the Opener we will allow you to switch cards at second logistics! (anyone who crafts a card on site with our logistics folks will not have this option available to them) We are trying to be super lenient to help the opener be a strong and well rounded playtest to leap frog everyone into the long weekend with everyone having a better idea of what 2.0 is...since that is the last weekend to playtest before the Go Live!
- With that said we remind you everyone Plot/PC/NPC will be making mistakes and everyone must be patient with each other, but on that note to be clear the game and world does continue. Although Plot will examine deaths that take place they will be recorded if found to be clean.
- This is a process and we are all learning together. The most important thing you can do if you have not converted your production, magic items, or ritual scrolls is to do so before the opener. There are various resources posted about this already we can give you links if you ask! As a note the Merchant Skill is currently not active in Chicago. We are focused on conversion. The skill will be active again as soon as the Go Live hits!
- Lastly please send an email to newplayer@chicagoalliancelarp.com to let Ashe know what cabin you want to be in. In this case there is 10 beds per cabin. She is working hard to help make it easier for new players to find space and make sure everyone else has a place as well. Everyone has always been good about sharing space and we typically have plenty (This weekend we have 64 beds plus floor space plus tenting) but if we can be more organized about getting folks settled in for the weekend it makes friday night better for everyone! She asks folks to let her know who wants to be in their cabin by Sunday the 21st in this case.

PCs
1. Brian L (Corbell)
2. Leanne L (Skylark)
3. Tina J (Chestira)
4. Bryce K (Bruisey)
5. Andrew N (Rusty)
6. Ryan B (Binks)
7. Tristin W (Frederick)
8. Daphne P (Eve)
9. Emma B (Agate)
10. James F (Grimshaw)
11. William P (Errick)
12. Jacob B (Edwin)
13. Emma H (New)
14. Ryan S (Roderick)
15. Jordan F (Valentino)
16. Matt M (VVG)
17. Sam S (Beryl)
18. Derek S (Sam)
19. Jon D (Aramis)
20. Matt M (Desylvia)
21. Dan S (Glav)
22. Adam P (Peter)
23. Ethan R (Iggy)
24. Ian S (Draco)
25. Stephanie P (Mila)
26. Matt E (Garwon)
27. Alana E (Vanya)
28. Dwayne B (Shen)
29. Alex M (J'jajj)
30. Kathryn L (Auryn)
31. Brian G (Thaddeus)
32. Nick P (Foss)
33. Amanda F (Liddia)
34. Vicki P (Elle)
35. Wendall R (Azeban)
36. Seamus C (Benjamin)
37. Ashe Y (Yao)
38. Dani (New)
39. Morgan (New)
40. Shane (New)
41. Ib (New)
42. Justin (New)
43. Matt N (Kalin)
44. Dani C (Isabo)

NPCs
1. Nate B
2. Alexander T
3. David G
4. Emma A
5. Jessica P
6. Amie W
7. Melaina F
8. Ryan C
9. Rob D
10. Susan P

Last edited by a moderator:
April Conversion Day Production!

As noted during conversion day, if you were in attendance you were able to spend 5gold to gain 500 production. Please include this into your opener pre-reg. but mark it separately from your normal event production. It should be marked separately as to not be confused with your normal production which follows batch costs, mastery discounts, or workshop advantages. Attendance will be verified and the 5 gold will be collected when you check in with logistics, along with your normal check in. Preferably as "Conversion Day 5 gold Production"

Opener Pre-Register Trial 20 Ritual!
For your Trial 20ritual Item, the ritual list should be included in your pre-reg, but separated from your already existing MIs. Your Trial 20 Rit, will need to be verified that it follows accurate ritual targeting, and that is easier if the trial item stands out as the specific item that needs to be checked. Preferably as
"Trial 20 Ritual "Physical item enchanted" " Any inconsistencies found with ritual targeting, will be escalated to the Plot team for checking/authorization.

Any questions or desired/needed assistance with production or character sheet 2.0 Conversion, please feel free to reach out to the Logistics. All Magic Items and Formal Ritual Scrolls, feel free to reach out to the Plot team.

EDIT: Added map. Please refer to it when you make your cabin requests.

I'll have a rough map up this evening of the cabins we are using to help you guys out on the cabin email.

The clusters are numbered 1-4 from left to right. Just give me the PLAYER names staying together and what cabin number you would like. I will do my best to accommodate you.

If you are tent camping, please just shoot me an email saying that that's what you're doing. You'll be seeing Rob on that location AFTER you finish check-in.

Please help us and check-in before you go to unload.

If you have already emailed me, I will email you this evening after work to adjust your cabin requests. If you are a new player that was already working with me, you are set for the weekend.

Thank you so much for your patience, guys! Let's rock this opener!

Attachments

• alliance map 2.1.jpg
    alliance map 2.1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
In past play tests elsewhere I know that while PCs could resurrect but no deaths would be added to their card to accommodate for rules transitions and balancing changes. Will this policy be honored at this event?

Since I don't believe we have used this site before, does anyone know the area enough to be able to give any insight on tolls on the roads needed to get there from the interstate?

Last time we used a site closer to the city, there ended up being more (unmanned) tolls and my carload from MN wasn't exactly prepared for it.

The I-PASS route calculator shows it'll be about $10 cash ($5 with the I-PASS), possibly more if there are tolls in the last few miles. :/

Thanks I would have totally forgot do they take bills or should I get quarters some time next week

Whenever I'm going to a new site I usually put the route through https://tollguru.com/ I haven't had any issues with it yet.

In past play tests elsewhere I know that while PCs could resurrect but no deaths would be added to their card to accommodate for rules transitions and balancing changes. Will this policy be honored at this event?
This was Answered in the post-
- With that said we remind you everyone Plot/PC/NPC will be making mistakes and everyone must be patient with each other, but on that note to be clear the game and world does continue. Although Plot will examine deaths that take place they will be recorded if found to be clean.[/QUO

As far as tolls it would be good to use the estimator Andrew suggested. You could also potentially get off the tollway and use route 53 or 83 for a portion of the trip to save a couple of the final tolls but that may not be worth the time involved. But I dont think would add a lot of time. Just map it out knowing tolls are a thing. The rest of the events look to all be at Pokanoka so if the tolls are heavy just know it most likely will only be for this event.

For anyone planning to go to all events this year or more, get the I pass. It has paid itself off 4 fold. $20 for the device, it’s auto pay. When you are done, mail it back for refund, done. Saves time and tolls are half cost as you won’t have to stop.

If you take another car, just update your account with the guest license plate # and you’re good to go and take your device with.

This was Answered in the post-

As far as tolls it would be good to use the estimator Andrew suggested. You could also potentially get off the tollway and use route 53 or 83 for a portion of the trip to save a couple of the final tolls but that may not be worth the time involved. But I dont think would add a lot of time. Just map it out knowing tolls are a thing. The rest of the events look to all be at Pokanoka so if the tolls are heavy just know it most likely will only be for this event.

Gah! That's what I get for not proof reading !

I'm assuming that NPCs need not contact you for sleeping arrangements? (Unless they plan on tenting.)

Not important just curios. Any list of who will be in attendance?

Back