April event favorites!

Jovunn

Adept
Post 'em here!

Tease.

I was expecting results.

I thought that if I showed juuuust enough thigh, your old, green *** would finally have a heart attack and perm.

But, okay:
-Taking my place as the creepiest thing in all of Barran by staring an undead Elosdi to death.
-Additionally, hearing all the rumors about my own character was... really interesting.
-Big ups to Tim/Ocean for the best french toast I have ever had/will ever have. Additionally, thank you for some brief but delicious roleplay. You can "punish" V for forgetting your salt in June. :mer:
-Mich Stagnitta, you beautiful animal, you. Thank you for all of our beautiful roleplay: from gentlemanly courting to not-so-gentlemanly bite marks and for willingly going down with the burning, decrepit ship that is this my character. Subsidiary to this are two things in particular that were really, really delightful:

1. "NO TOUCHING. NO. TOUCHING. ...OKAY WITH THE THOUCHING. O...kay with the touching. Touching is good." Hooray for characters who can't hold their liquor.
2. "I am Vær'lux of family Lordaq of Clan Vidua."

-Thank you to the AGB plot team for so many delicious small encounters: pre-game hunting mini-mod (!!!!!!!!!!), private encounters with Vera and Terror, and all of those damn voices/curious bloodsmells. Little touches like this make the game world feel so much more organic. Additionally, thank you for letting my actions have consequences and all of the RP that entailed.
-Tangental to that, THANK YOU FRISCO. You know why.
-Performing my first resurrection! Why didn't anyone tell me you didn't have to tell a story for all ten minutes?!
-Watching Rali gleefully tear a beastman apart... and her seeing me gleefully strangle one a few hours later. "Did we just become best friends?" "YEP."
-Roleplay with Ai (and Kamryn) on Friday night/Saturday morning. "I am, have been, and will always be above you." "Where is your glorious society now?" "YOU NEED TO STOP THAT LINE OF THOUGHT RIGHT. THERE."
-Learning alchemy with Raven, Rali, Ai, and a few others. It is REALLY hard to maintain that laugh for ten seconds, nonetheless a good five minutes. Additionally, the places we rifted to... were delicious, to say the least.
-Tom Wilson. "Do... you want healing for that?" and "No one is beyond redemption" were two of the highlights of my weekend.

As always, thank you to our NPCs - there weren't a lot of you, but damn did you try your hardest to give us the best possible experience. Your work is, as always appreciated. Thanks to plot, med staff, our substitute food committee, and our GM, chapter owner, and rules marshall for everything you do. Your game is consistently the highlight of my month.

This weekend was full of fantastic RP. Here are some highlights. I’m certain I missed something.

-The Smile on John Quigley’s face when the deer he was chasing was snatched up in a snare.
-Everything that resulted from an Assassin name-dropping Kabuk while killing a PC.
-There was a small moment, a pair of them really. One inside Wellorg’s Labyrinth and one outside of the Guildhall. When Zara was being left behind within the labyrinth and Buk laid a hand on Zara’s shoulder to tell her he would worry about her, and again when she returned.
-Throughout the weekend there was some awesome RP centered on V. I’d love to thank Kris, Frank, Donna, Frisco and Em for that. It was a blast. Kris made me cry during a resurrection story.
-Speaking of Kris, “No one is beyond redemption.” Followed later by a conversation in the car about consequences for ones actions.
-There was a point on Sunday where someone was attempting to explain to Buk why there were marks on Kamryn’s neck. He looks at them deadpan and said, “I am not a monk. I do understand how these things occur.”
-Shortly followed by “Do… Do you require healing?”
-Mike B. all weekend as Charlais. There were several touching moments.

A quick shout out to Frisco. It’s always awesome to have a new player show up this excited for the game.

This is what delicious pain feels like.

--- Thank you NPCs! You guys gave us your all and I thank you for it!
--- PCing again. So needed and so awesome.
--- Laguna helped make my weekend. Special props to you.
--- I ate people I think and it was delicious. Thanks for all the food people and all the people who brought food. Always well-fed and tasty, it was amazing.
--- Getting my own butt handed to me and watching Shya take over and be an absolute animal with a sword.
--- Telling a certain Dragon to shut up. Not my brightest choice.
--- Dealing with Nightmares.
--- Had to edit to add in Kabuk absolutely nailing my resurrection story. Had me tearing up.
--- First rituals! Yay!
--- Undead Water Elk!
--- Having an amazing time with all of Barran! Thank you plot, PCs, staff and everyone involved!

Can't wait to come back :)

Among the things that I might forget, I can't believe thanking the NPCs was one of them. Thank each and every one of you a million times over.

Truth be told I enjoyed each and every res story this weekend. Thank you all for dying and letting me bring you back. :D

Favorites:

- Getting a perfectly stunned expression from a certain noble
- Running down a poor little lady to the confusion of half the town. Good to know I still have a second gear
- Elk stalking
- Telling the beastman to pick up his shield because I was having honorable fun.
- Being instructed to get rid of a Bugbear. Colin, I am just sorry it went down that way. Far too quick to be properly enjoyed.
- "Who does that?" turns "Okay you do"
- Talking to young adventurers, I love the new generations.

Thanks to everyone who brought food and helped cooking. Thanks to all the NPC's and fence jumpers. See you next time.

Joe Siegel
resident jerk

There were a lot of moments I liked a LOT. It's hard to narrow it down, honestly. But I'm going to anyways.

- I absolutely loved cooking and serving in the kitchen! It really matches how I want to play Tvard (and I just like that kind of crap anyways.) The food everyone brought was great, (I had the pleasure of sampling most of them) and it was good to make sure everyone was well fed and taken care of
- Speaking of doing kitchen details, hanging out with Charlie was definitely one of the best parts of my weekend. He's a great roleplayer, I loved the accent, I loved learning more about Adharcroi and homosexual innuendos (in your end-os) are pretty much the best. PS: being able to buy people (and myself) drinks was great. WELL DONE SIR.
- Also speaking of kitchen details, I had a ton of fun wrestling with the directions Tvard's mind went with the issue at hand. Everyone involved was awesome and the subtlety was well enjoyed.
- I really enjoyed getting sucked into the drama with the herdstone and I think that's the best acting I've ever done in my entire life when I was being drawn back to it. Thanks to everyone involved!
- Hanging out with Jeyu was amazing, I love the rabbit!
- Speaking of Jeyu, I really enjoyed finding a random rit scroll in the middle of the woods. That was pretty sick.
- It sucked at the moment, but getting told off by the Dutchess was a great RP moment. I'm STILL embarrassed for Tvard...
- Going down into the sewers with MUCH more seasoned adventurers was a great experience. One day I'll be able to handle **** like that with the ease and precision that you guys did.
- Chatting with Dream and Nightmare was great!
- "I crumble to dust." My CHILDREN'S CHILDREN SHALL HEAR THE TALE
- It was really cool to see a res (at Ai's expense, of course >_>)
-I absolutely loved fighting the NPCs, you guys are awesome. Every time I saw Mike Guarino on the field I got all stoked. I met a few new NPCs this time around and you guys were a blast to fight and be killed by you! Thanks for being awesome.
- Even though the rituals got a little messed up with timing (I'll have to work on that. I'm not quite sure when it would be most convenient to do it yet) I was really happy I could do my rites to the dead with Zara. I look forward to doing the same every day of Death at the Flames of Cremation with anyone who will come along!

Loooooong story short: Favorite parts: EVERYTHING

Undrask said:
Every time I saw Mike Guarino on the field I got all stoked.

Well thanks dude!!

Favs from the darkside:
- Successful roguery was successful, and such a thrill! Sorry to the PCs who ate it but damn was it fun getting the jump on ya!
- All of the PCs are so unique! All of you have distinct, intricate characters, with impressive costuming!
- NPC Camp shenanigans - Return of the Larva, "Dragon sex is the BEST! ... Oh hi Wellorg." :no: , preparing for Nightmare Lanna :funny: , *picks up strange metal mask* "Um... what is?" "I dunno, wanna wear it for deadwalk?" :hahaha:
- You all should come try NPCing because NECROMANCY. :twisted: Not gonna lie, even with that doofy metal mask, I felt like a total bad@ss keeping six PCs at bay, barehanded with a four-column!
- Special thankya to Joe S for the handful of times I fought Simon one-on-one and got some much needed swordplay practice. I gotta get better with weapons that don't involve blue packets (i.e. nearly all of them). But more than just a normal fight, it was clear you were "teaching" me instead of just tooling me down, so thanks, man!
- FOOD. All of everything was amazing, as usual! Barran food never fails to satisfy. And that Buffalo Chicken dip! My mouth is watering right now!
- First experience setting up simple traps. Gotta start somewhere!

Thanks to Staff, the PCs, and my fellow NPCs for a great weekend!

Whee fun with the Rabbit once again! Was really excited/happy to be able to make it out again so soon.

Favorites in no particular order.

- Hanging out with the Misfits, waaaaaaay more than I would have expected and the all bbq trap testing and related offers
- Hanging out with Tvard was great fun.
- Rabbit Knowledge - He's heard about so many things
- Finding rulebook inconsistencies (horray for both being right! lol)
- Rabbit Unknowledge - He's not heard, and has been taught wrong about some things ^.^
- "I'm going to give you this shiny gold piece and sit here in front of you with my ears at scratching level and just see what happens...."
- Paste of Stickiness and the rats, Always good to learn a new trick!
- General Higher level of merchanting - More orders from more people, buying crafting widgets from so many people was great.
- Sunday Morning Searching - Rarely do you get lucky enough to find a missed Rit scroll to sell to the Duchess
- Ritual casting - Horray for Bound shards, i love getting smaller, side rituals cast.
- Bacon - Saturday Morning
- Bacon - Sunday Morning
- Bacon - Sunday Morning (there was a LOT of bacon on sunday....)
- Over all food, I was jazzed the Rolls I brought helped to make the Chicken/rice mix and soups so extra tasty.
- Crafting item requests the Rabbit didn't have on hand - Hey, he's a newer crafter/merchant and there are a lot of holes in his box of goods. (I'll have to make some quicksilver coatings)
- More Orders! - The Rabbit now has large standing orders for different goods spanning 3 Chapters, oi!
- Trust! - Jehyu is appearently known well enough that people don't feel worried about handing him the group loot during the mod.
- Making it home - I was worried about making it since i caught flight number 6/7 of the day in both Airports, by a Hair in both locations (or is that by a hare?)
- Guilds! - Looking forward to getting my packet, but enjoyed the tests and overall set up.
- Witnessing all the in game grumblings between groups, very compartmentalized
- Enjoyed the Beautiful weather, sorry for those that got sunburned, if you don't like it, Play a kin, the fur protects you from that nasty day star.

Great weekend. I didn't expect to PC, but when I got to game and saw all my friends in game, I just had to.

Thank you:
- NPCs, you were tireless and were such good sports.
- Rich, Emily, and Dave for putting on this game, and also for being wonderful human beings. <3
- Everyone who contributed/helped with food and kitchen work!
- Cole!
- Frank Coyne!

Great moments:
- V's undead-killing stare. Best moment, ever. Everrr.
- Soylent green fun.
- Being able to sort-of sacrifice myself so everybody else could escape the impossible puzzle mod felt pretty cool, especially with Kabuk's response. Adventures with Zara and Wellorg ahoy!
- All the curious/amusing little moments with Chulainn. Such a great character.
- Witnessing Ai resurrect, promptly delivering a Happy Resurrection! drink.
- All things Ocean, basically. New favorite foreigner, bane of all aquatic water elks everywhere. Zara kind of actually wants to go to Deadlands now.
- Tvard! Interesting new face, and Zara was grateful for a shared appreciation for the dead. The ritual/ceremony was lovely.
- Himson, amazingly badass battle mage, Zara is in awe of him.
- Loathing Laguna at every encounter. What a ****.

Y'all are great. Thank you.

So much happies came from this weekend.

-Puking. SO much PUKING. Being epic seer of bad **** and all but one did come true.
-Euphoria-ed to a stone elemental basset hound named George. Kindly go **** yourself Fae and Laguna.
-Kantil and Laguna. You two are ******* epic to the most ridiculous of standards.
-Double Laguna, one for the sacrifice and screaming Ai's name, cuddling through dead walk, and then strange moment where Ai realized she was getting feels and promptly freaked the **** out.
-V. I love you. But I'm going to ******* murder you. After I potentially make-up/screw you. Because that sums up our relationship. Also attempting to protect you despite what you think.
-Kamryn. There were tears of absolute frustration. Then a moment of why...
-Rali. "I'll pay you with a kiss instead of a silver."
-Being bad for head scritches. I feel a craftsman coming on.
-BEING SACRIFICED. First off, why would you leave me with stones that I'm obsessed with. Then being tortured and dead. And V of all people for the resurrection.
-Alchemy learning with Raven. Feebleminded, dominate, paranoia. "I'm a pocket! PUT THINGS IN ME. I'm going to chew on this. GET THE **** AWAY. -kicks self in a circle on the ground-"
-Zara. I love my ogre lady.

I can't think anything other than that but it was an awesome weekend and Ai will be back in a few months!

I really can't think of anything

One last one I forgot about: the random water elk walking in while Ai and Kantil were banging. Just kind of stood there and watched. Pervert.

Some stuff from the Iron Ginger,

Thank you to Gettysburg Staff and NPC, without your love, dedication and sense of fun. Things would not be as intresting as they were.
- Case in Point, The Highly Poisionus, Higly Aquatic, Higly Nercomantic Water Elk (Nuff Said.)
- Zara and Kabuk, Donna and Tom you guys made my weekend really enjoable and futhered my understanding of Chulainn
- Emliy's Duchess Paying high praise to Chulainn through out the weekend, also asking him to seroiusly think about Cizitenship. (I just might, this Wander needs a home.)
- Being apart of thr Circle of Earth and the Brotherhood of Anvil and Iron, it gave a sense of purpose to those trade skills.
- Watching Tom preform the resurrections, it was a queit time for Chulainn to reflect on things.
- Kris "V" is still creepy, but I love the RP with her.
- My time in the Kicthen and the RP that went along with it, also beening in Chulainn's bed clothes.
- Charlie and all that goes with it. (Nuff Said)

That is all I got for now, Brain is still mush . But it is coming back slowly.
See you on the dark side next time.

if I'm completely honest a lot of the weekend is a blur at this point, but I did have a few things that really stand out

Collecting favors
"teaching" alchemy
seeing PCs react to Nightmare versions of their friends
laughing as a certain PC made sure their costuming was appropriately disheveled
the words "that death better be on my card"

Maybe some more a little later...

David

I WILL BE CHECKING, DAVE.

it's out of my hands and in those of Rich and Tyson! I swear!

OMG! Brain is still not 100% here but I'm so happy!

NPCs I love you guys. Though there wasn't many of you, y'all kicked our butts! Glad I got the chance to help you guys out Saturday night.

No order....

~Undead Shya what?! OMG I sat in the cabin with my skirts out around me for most of that battle going "if anything walks through that door that isn't a friend I'm dropping a damn circle.
~Most of Friday is a blur....But tavern banter....and door circle....Even if my legs gave out while Dave and Jon lifted me up.
~VISIONS VISIONS VISONS! OMG!
~Funny little convo
Me "So Dave you should so yell at who ever forgot to send me my write up."
Dave "Will do. I'm on it."
Me "No Dave right now!"
Dave *Sigh* "Damnit Dave! Why'd you forget!?"
*NPC camp looking over at Dave confused*

~Raven....OMG first a city...then Face Party.....that lasted a year?! And making my costume perfectly disheveled.....Raven feathers! They are so being made to an earring or hair clip....Havent picked yet.
~OH! Undead/Nightmare Lanna. That was a really fun time even if I had to walk across camp 3-5 times. I managed to get off the enslavement....Kinda made me happy.
~Sunday morning pinata chasing. PCs were so confused...^.^
~MY FIRST RITUAL EVER GOING OFF WITHOUT A HITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me so happy that I cast the town saving ritual! LANNA FINALLY DID SOMETHING WORTH WHILE! lmao
~RAVEN RAVEN RAVEN RAVEN!!!! I can't say it enough! Lanna is practicality in love with this guy! It's so much fun!

OMG Okay so I thinks that's it.......Maybe,.. Yeah

Can't wait to see what happens to Lanna next event.

OH YEAH!!!!!

Frisco! Dude I (as in Angel) love you character SOOOOOO much! You're an amazing RP person!

As far as Lanna goes.....Well....lets just say she's not overly happy with him and finds him very annoying, rude, and disrespectful....You kinda almost got cursed this weekend....

Back