April Event Favorites

WynterRose said:
Seeing Ithica again:

Ithica <winks>: And who's this?
Wynter<pulls Lana away from ithica and pushes her behind herself>: She iz my sister, don't look at her like zat.
Lana<confused>: What?

And, as Ithica walked by, before he saw either of you.

Wynter to Lanna: 'You stay away from that one." (or something of that nature)

WynterRose said:
Rezing Melleth. O.O Talk about heart renching. Having Sir Daniel tell Wynter it was all ok and handing her a drink..

I wish Telokh would have been there for that. He hasn't had the chance to the learn how to perform a Rez yet. And, well, Telokh is with Blythedale.

this was a stressful event for me for IG (mages guild) and OOG (logistics) reasons. I apologize to all the pre-reggers for the mess friday night, i am putting steps in place that will prevent that in the future. the good news is, i know the database inside and out now and we managed to train 3 new logistical helpers that night. so yeah, trial by fire, but i think it's going to help the rest of the season go alot smoother.

onto my favorites:

new guildhall. having so many people seeing what amanda and i built (with help from scott, jinu, and others) so far and really liking it felt great.

guild / magic plot. i must have been really kind to michelle in a former life cause she gives me sweet plot lovins and it rocks. loved loved loved the new spells mod. returning to the elemental forge was awesome. Sym and I knew exactly where we were, and immiedtialy busted out our Elemental Warden creds. the mod was fantatically written. it had everything from traps, to golums, to puzzles, to combat with elementals. very glad we picked Mug to come along, he earned alot of respect from the wizards on that mod. by the last wave battle, i was fighting with my ice wand.

WANDS. i doubt there will be a single fight from now on that Nathan is in where a wand will not be involved. I got disarmed too! it was fantastic. the NPC threw the disarm at me, and it played out in my mind as follows.. "holy crap, i'm not a fighter, why did he throw that???...wait... that was MEANT for me!! throw the wand idiot, he hit you!" luckily, i had another one in my robes, and Ivan found my wand in the grass after the battle, unbroken and returned it to me. yay!

9 rituals. ug. nah, it was fun, and i got to do Syms investiture which i did not screw up! poor sym backlashing one of his rits... i could see how frustrated he was, he must have been in alot of pain for those 24 hours

surprise visit from Broomis. getting to continue building a relationship with that character is great. I loved his quips to me on the battlefield as if we were old wizard friends. and then being involved in the big meeting with him and the nobles, getting to inform him of the formal and high magic issues. sitting at the big table is fun.

being able to play Alliance with people like Ivan, Daniel Star, Sparticous, it really felt like the new old days.

my new robes. amanda made them herself, and i was so impressed with how warm and functional they were all weekend.

getting roled by scott's gryphon

all things ithica and uzio. loved when ithica grabbed amaranthus with a sword to his neck when the dominion were attacking and offered him to them if they would stop attacking.

all in all, a great opener, i just hope next time i can find a way out of the guild a little more often. :geek:

Telokh_Amdo said:
WynterRose said:
Seeing Ithica again:

Wynter<pulls Lana away from ithica and pushes her behind herself>: She iz my sister, don't look at her like zat.

And, as Ithica walked by, before he saw either of you.

Wynter to Lanna: 'You stay away from that one." (or something of that nature)

WynterRose said:
Rezing Melleth. O.O Talk about heart renching. Having Sir Daniel tell Wynter it was all ok and handing her a drink..

I wish Telokh would have been there for that. He hasn't had the chance to the learn how to perform a Rez yet. And, well, Telokh is with Blythedale.

I almost forgot I said that! lol.

And having Telokh there for Melleth's rez would have been interesting. I could have used the help too.

Here are my Top 5:

1. Sucessfully spreading the rumor that you can get sex without consequences in the Healer's Guild.

2. The giggle fit with Wynter that was so ridiculous people thought we were both under laugh elixirs.

3. Seeing everyone again, and having four other gypsies at the gathering to roleplay with...and more of it at future events hopefully!

4. Zat...nuf said.

5. Enduring the cold, raining, gross weather... only to have a GORGEOUS day on Sunday (even though I've got a nasty sunburn).

Well, I startes this post its about time that I put my favorite up in no particular order.

1. Starting out the event without the ability to spellcraft or cast rituals, but learning to do it all again, plus learning High Magic and using it.
2. Using High Magic for "Magic Confine"
3. Helping the Healers guild on its special secret mission on Sunday morning.
4. Watching Zat, cast a ritual. Poppers and bang snaps for all.
5. Being a front Line Healer/Caster.
6. Seeing my Alliance Family again after the long winter.

Thats not all but what i can think off at this momment

Drew/Rowan

Gwendara said:
shyacorak said:
wow, so much fun

two very kewl things that I cant choose between

OLBIT the big bad, yeah
had the death grip on the scroll with a mantra in my head, Tim better count right

Waaa? Do tell! Which big bad? grr wish I could have been there! Kuwait tomorrow morning..weee....
I guess there was fighting or something sunday was warm I did not know there was Biata plot until the weekend was over.

The whole event was great . But what is this about Biata plot ?I did not know about it until after the weekend when we were all about to go. Now, I hear non biata went on it too. NO one said boo in game. Sorry I was on a game high now I do not know what to think.

heidi [feels like a page]

Ok, favs…

All the high orcs. For my gypsy healer, having high orcs around is almost as good as having familia around, because they all always act like they worship her. Tetsu and Thruggs spent all weekend complimenting me, and Air Raksa is always looking out for me. Natalia’s starting to get a little attached to the green guys.

Speaking of familia- having so many Romani in town! It’s always a pleasure- there’s always someone looking out for you, and always someone to hang out with. I love that we are getting more new gypsies, and I love it when Irina visits- it’s awesome that I’m wearing a necklace that my IG boyfriend bought from my IG cousin.

Doing a healer’s triage mod. No combat, just timed triage. It was awesome when I discovered that there was high ground from which I could point out the bodies to my teammates. And using an endow to get the last NPC out as time expired. We all did a fantastic job on that mod- PCs and NPCs.

Roleplay with the Ash Forest. These guys are such advanced players that I could read their facial expressions during Koshi’s spirit farewell, and they always have a well thought out IG response to everything, even when I ask Rorii things like “So does it ever get to you thinking of how quickly I’m going to be gone?”- it’s true character immersion. The Spirit Farewell was awesome (anything that makes the elves cry is intense), and I hoped Will liked Koshi’s sendoff. And welcome back Dennis- I love the little nonverbal communication thing that Natalia and Sparticous have.

Roleplaying with NPC Dominion crunchies. That noncombatant status gives me the opportunity to throw some roleplay into the fight- watching the faces on the Dominion when I antagonize them and they really want to kick my butt but can’t, making them replace a spell shield on me when they hit me with something. Fun stuff.

The zombie battle. The look of relief on Michelle and Ali’s faces when they saw me slink out from the tall grass and life people, realizing that they hadn’t just rezzed 7 PC’s, as well as all the praise I got for it afterwards… I think I was just lucky, but I’ll take it!

Thanks everyone- PCs, NPCs, staff- it all came together.

The biata plot was sunday, maybe an hour before the final battle. The non biata were the ones who found the item in question on a random under the tavern mod. We thought about calling for you, but we weren't sure about if you wanted to stand underground. IG I said specificaly "I don't know how much Guildmistris Zat is going to want to climb down these caves?"

I'll take the blame for that one. We spent the time before the final battle trying to solve a giant puzzle, and we only got part way. Then the final wave battle hit, then it was game off. You honastly didnt miss much.
--bill

WynterRose said:
Seeing so meny Roma at this event. Angel, you were suck a good sport for a lvl 1 first timer! I'm so proud!
( Angel wanted me to tell everyone that she had an intense, and awsum time, and she is most deff. coming back)

Meeting Jarrin and all the awsum PVP that went on between us. Thanks for volenteering for the meat-shield position hun!

Seeing Ithica again:

Hahahahahaha Yeah.

I loved how nice every one was to me.

The fact that even though I knew nothing about what I was doing every one was willing to help me.

Jarrin being my shield. THANK YOU!!!! I still feel bad for the head ache....

Meeting the Roma family. It's so nice to know that where ever I go that there will be people that will embrace me.

Learning to use one handed edged weapons. THANK YOU WIK! (sorry if i spelt it wrong)

Spending time in the healer's guild.

Learning what I needed to know in the Mage's guild. Thanks.

The entire weekend....hahha

I can't wait to be back.

I wanted to add a shout out to Michelle. I had an awesome time with you this past weekend! I WANT TO PC WITH YOU SOOOON! I especially loved the mod to recover formal magic and the intense moment we had, and the hilarious ones too lol.

<3

Justin

Awww *blushes* You are always a blast to RP with Justin. You so break my characters lol... Suggesting to the Regent that we should lie... ha! I think the human made the orc cringe.

I'm glad that our players had a good time. That's what it's all about for us plot folks.

The PCs kept us hopping this weekend. I lost count of how many times we rewrote parts of this event. (That, coupled with the cold was a big part of the reason for Saturday's lull... we were trying to sort out what to do with that curveball you threw us!) It's amazing that no matter how many possible outcomes we think of and prep for, you guys always find ONE more that we didn't think of. Good job. :)

PS - Because of all the wacky stuff you guys did this event, we're having another plot meeting next week to rewrite next event too.

My faves:

Running around as the Regent and all the ensuing politics. My speech getting interrupted by monsters that wouldn't die, and getting to show off High Magic that Elder Bryony had taught me.

So Ezri finally arrives for the spirit farewell, and is greeted by Raksaa in the tavern (who scares the sh1t out her by the way). He calls her over and she nervously follows, only to find that he had set up the circle of power for the spirit farewell, with couches and chairs and all so that we could spend time with our departed friend in comfort. She almost fell over her own tongue on that one. Brian, I love you man. The vast difference in your characters is a real testament to your roleplay skills.

My plot team. I can't say enough about these guys and gals. We were tired, we were cold, and we had cameras trailing our every move. But all weekend long everything truly was a team effort. I can truly say that some of my fondest memories of this game have come from NPC camp. They're nothing that sound all epic to post on a favorites board (and it's a lot of stuff you guys have to FOIG lol). Just know that these are some of the greatest people I've ever had the chance to work with.

Lanna Rose said:
Meeting the Roma family. It's so nice to know that where ever I go that there will be people that will embrace me.
Yes. YES. This is hands-down my favourite part about playing Irina. Doesn't matter where I go, if I see a flash of colour and hear someone speaking with a loud weird accent, I'm good to go. Wynter, Lanna, Natalia, Larien: you guys rock. Every time I started to get lonely when my gaje ran off together, ma familia was there. I can't wait for our future secret plans and clever tricks!

- Casting my first Purify! On Tetsu. Then two minutes later, casting my first Life! ...On Tetsu. I love you man!

- All things Thruggyar. He is quickly working his way into being one of Irina's favourite gaje.

- STAFF. One-handed blocking, thank you symposium!! Also, seeing Thruggs rock out with the Weapon of Yore is pretty sweet.

- Actually having a bad guy listen to me when I say "I really don't want to fight you, seriously".

- Having a conversation I've been having with Kelsey for years out of game, in game. Finally!

- Long explanations of the various nobility, as well as other great discussions, with Ciaarah. Also, Ciaarah's baked goods!

- "Dat undead down dere is channelling Death. Jou know where I am not going? De f*** down dere!" ...And that's how I broke Michelle and Henry.

- Finally getting to go on a good solid IG rant about Sadeen Moor. I can't tell you how long that's been brewing. ;)

- Bizarre discoveries down by the stream...

- Thruggyar: "Ithica, you keep an eye on Irina!"
Ithica: "Keep an eye on her? How can I take my eyes off of her!"

- Getting to beat up a rat-thingie with Wynter and a well-timed Weakness spell.

- Massaaaaaaage! I could really go for one of those right now!

Thanks for a rockin event everyone. I hope to see you at Caldaria (come PC with me!) or Deadlands (come beat me up!) in the next few weeks!

Flyaway Bird said:
Doesn't matter where I go, if I see a flash of colour and hear someone speaking with a loud weird accent, I'm good to go.

Hmmm...MaDCap needs to meet Irina. LOL

Sounds like it was a fantastic event. Now I miss seeing everyone more than ever and can't wait to be back...

Flyaway Bird said:
Yes. YES. This is hands-down my favourite part about playing Irina. Doesn't matter where I go, if I see a flash of colour and hear someone speaking with a loud weird accent, I'm good to go. Wynter, Lanna, Natalia, Larien: you guys rock. Every time I started to get lonely when my gaje ran off together, ma familia was there. I can't wait for our future secret plans and clever tricks!

I love Irina. She's so wonderful. I cannot wait to see her again.

I actualy forgot a couple of things.

Telokh comming over while Jarrin, Wynter and Lanna in the IG smoke area and looking at us.
Telokh-"Is this a no fur group?"
Lanna- "Ummm No come join us."
Telokh- "Was that not funny?"
Lanna & Wynter- "No it vas."
Jarrin- sitting there laughing.

Not being able to remember Ithica's name...

Lanna and Leara ((sorry...)) sitting in the taver talking.
Lanna-"Vhat is that one guy's name? Ze one vith ze leazer armor?
Learra- "Ummmm..."
Lanna- "Icaris?"
Learra- "No...It's not an 'Ic'
Lanna- "I can't remember.."
Beard guy((sorry don't remember IG name))- "So Ithica Said..."
Lanna and Learra - "Ithica!!!!!! That's it!" Bursts int to giggle fit.
Beard guy- "Okay..." Walks away.

A funny moment... Okay thats it.

First off I wanna say thank you to Tom for taking extra good care of me this weekend after i hurt my ankle! And thank you to the PC's I really enjoyed getting to spend lots of time out role playing with you guys this weekend.
So many good things this last weekend.

Hanging out in the smokers guild with my Biata on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning sharing a pack of smore pop-tarts.
Being a newly awaken Dryad and having sex with out consequences in the healers guild.
Running around Friday night telling people "THE WORLD IS GOING TO END" man being crazy is fun lol.
Taking an hour and a half shower in the middle of the night Friday night. God that was amazing.
And massages they are wonderful things arnt they?
Oh and the best part is I finally know what I will be PCing as!

Heather

What? No one is going to mention the new bridge over the stream? It's enough to make a guy stop building stuff.

My favorite is reading all the favorites. It makes all the hard work worth it.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
What? No one is going to mention the new bridge over the stream? It's enough to make a guy stop building stuff.

My favorite is reading all the favorites. It makes all the hard work worth it.

Scott

The bridge is very very nice Scott. There were a number of times I know of where I hung out on the bridge and just watched the stream. I know other people did as well. It was good times. Good job. Dont give up building stuff :cry:.

Back