April Event Favs

oh, it's legit and I don't think a single de would argue it. I will say though, if you go to ohio, you'll see and prob laugh your *** off, I know I will. Now then... back on track, favs!!!

Damn uppity dark elves. When will you learn all the cool kids have feathers. Which brings me back to another fav I almost forgot...

All things Thelfiddien! Taking some peeps inside the minds eye of a dragon to witness his first awakening into the world was pretty damn spiffy. Plus, I think he likes me now! Ok, so maybe like is kind of a strong word, but he doesn't loathe me. ;)

Damn uppity dark elves. When will you learn all the cool kids have feathers.

Please, you're just smarting because 'Necricar' is still a potential term, and not an actual one...

On the subject of favorites, it's a tough pick from a fantastic weekend. Looking for a sterling moment though, it has to be the zombie wave battle outside the bastion - up until there deadlands is a name; step outside, and it's a total meatgrinder, ordering a 6-pack of PCs to go (as it well should be).
It's been a year since I was at game, and I can't believe I stayed away that long. Regarding the game, the story was incredible, the NPCs top notch, the pacing on point. The people are the other reason to come, and catching up was worth the trip alone. Coming home I was tired, and sore, and couldn't have been happier about it. Hats off to everyone - a fantastic weekend all around.

I saw a newbie thread, asking what you can expect at your first game - for anyone who hasn't had the answer, this weekend said you can expect 'the awesome.'

--- George / Collan / 'that guy in the armor that looks familiar'

-Garuda's daughter Nivek. Seriously. I see Sun talking to a little Ogress, So I walk over to say hello- and the little Ogress says" you know my Faddah? Him name Garuda." My frown immediately melted away to see one of my character's favorite friend's child standing in front of me with a huge polearm. Garuda would indeed be proud. Being able to tell her he was a great warrior that everyone loved. Then having someone come over and say "Well not everyone, loved him. He attacked me once." That made me smile too.

-The unborn elven spirit and the room full of teary eyed people listening to RP their characters couldn't hear. That RP is an example why I think our chapter rules. We RP'd what could have been a violent encounter into something far more meaningful and in the end far more Elf-y

-Getting to tell Morgrym he should destroy himself, if he has any bit of elven remnant inside anymore he should see that he is an abomination, and it is the only way to regain any semblance of it.

-Elven dinner talk of the blight and all of the things that are effecting the elves of Fortanis. Squire Chiarra is Tabin's new favorite ally. Mostly because he is happy other elves want to help and partly because she has all the same ideas as me! We share one elf-y brainwave.

-even though it went bad the void mod. Favorite moment. Sitting down next to Ator on the path and saying to his unconscious body "don't worry my friend, I am here, and if you die so will I." It was a very Tabin moment that noone will actually remember.

-Doug and his poor in-game placement of Powerful dangerous artifacts

-getting hit in the face with said dangerous artifact, and all of the craziness that followed.

-the weekend being about enslavement, love, mind control effects, etc.

-being able to play my primary after so long. I love playing Tabin with all of you guys.

-Tea time.

-Wands, Staves and the new rule set.

Seriously I could go on for hours- it was a truly great event. Great way to kick off our Season guys, I only hope my plot stuff is half as entertaining!

As my first event, I can't say it was better or worse than the norm. I can say, however, that it was AMAZING. I'd like to thank the PC's, for without you, us NPC's would have no one to toy with. I really enjoyed meeting you all, and I look forward to next month's event. The entire thing was so much fun, the story was great, the action was fun, and the people were amazing. As for specifics... well, in no order...

1) Roleplaying as a mentally-destroyed Biata. I had so much fun with that character, despite the fact that most of the time I was simply weeping uncontrollably.
2) The food pallet battle. Respawn every five seconds, just to throw 50 ice damage and fall again? It was nonstop fun, it was. Like a wave battle, but without breathing.
3) Getting to play as a mod hook my first event, and pulling it off rather well. I didn't forget anything, and I got to be a disgruntled Sadie Moorian who assaults PC's! Woo.
4) Throwing nausea poisons early in the morning. Part of this complete breakfast!
5) Getting "the frog prince" fishbowl. What was even better was that we convinced Sun to actually go through with it. Sadly (for her), though, I did not turn into a prince. I did, however, get punched in the face by Ocean! It was a great way to end the day.
6) Pulling tags. I don't know why I think that's fun. I must be crazy, but I loved doing it.

yeah pulling tags was coo

Surion Maedhros said:
6) Pulling tags. I don't know why I think that's fun. I must be crazy, but I loved doing it.

Your not crazy, I actually enjoy this from time to time when I find the time to help do it. And when I NPC its something I really try to do because I know a lot of NPC's like to spend this time to just sit a relax a little bit a recharge their energy. I guess its the fact that I enjoy seeing the mechanics of the system work, and things like this and tag holds to update people's tags are something that I value with the current rules the way they are.

Now possibly changing them is another discusion entirely... ;)

I know it is like a week after the event but this has been the first free moment I had since the then. So here are my favs.

-Building a tent in the fading day light with Ben.

-Playing my "lowbie". It was loads of fun to have a different set of skills for the weekend and talking with a different set of people.

-Lowbie mod. It wasn't that low being that the APL was 12, but it was great fun to unload during that mod.

-Prisons! It is truly the best spell in the game.

-Elves! Rocking the sweet Elf love all weekend.

-Forming my new adventuring group the Professional Adventurers.

-Being able to attack a noble with permission.

-Finally showing Craig my character card at the end of the weekend. He could not believe I played that character all weekend and he never asked if he knew him or not.

It was a great weekend I had loads of fun. You guys started the year off really well I hope it stays that way. See you all in a few weeks.

Gavin

I am so very sorry for that. Next time, when I see you I shall make sure to ask you in the middle of game play, if I reconize your character (especially since I specifically asked for who you were playing). This is obviously a much better idea than asking when it would not disturb anything, otherwise known as right before we go into game. My bad.

Back