April Event Favs

Only in your mind, dear. Sorry.

I sopsoe I should post some,

Being chosen to play the character who would become Kinayo. Wandering into town with swoard and board, long claw in my belt, holding a pine cone and a fern leaf like they were the greatest tresures in the world. I have to give major props to everyone for their ability to guide him tword doing "good" things and making people "happy". Brian Bender did a amazing job as Rock and showed him how to be a "great hero". I thought Rock would have him eating babies and killing town, but he rolled with every little asinine chilish thing I did. He even managed to teach him about "people" and "non people" and how to be subtle when confronting ememies who have control over your allies.

Kudos to Keely and Feyana(i think thats rachel's character) for trying keeping Kinayo distracted when the wevryn attacked, but you had all done such a good job of making him want to "help" that he wasn't about to watch his new friends go it alone.

Thanks to Gary as Skylar for giving me the chance to play up the "i dont know who or what I am" card durring our "fight". Temper tantum with a boulder rep vrs the bad man. "I said STOP IT ptd 90 massive slay" only to get pummeled by 20 massives after it.

I love giving town a good fight and throwing my armor on for a spectral tag team with Kelly was a bunch of fun.

Wasteland troll looting squad. We got two potion belts a sword and a sheild and booked it for the woods. Too bad it was all solvents and cure lights.

Getting to see people I haven't seen all winter. Its always great to see everyone. Its why I play this silly silly game.

Also, extra special thank you to everyone at teh game for making my little bro's birthday cool. He had a blast and I am sure you will see him again. I hope he didn't anoiy anyone too bad.

See NH in June.
--bill

I give your brother mad props. He was really gung ho and anytime I saw anyone explain a rule to him he listened with out a problem and was back in the action.
Hope to see him out there again.

Wow, this event kicked ***. Unfortunately, I was suffering from a cold and was trying to get over it this weekend, so it was mostly a blur to me. I do remember some things though, I'll try to list them.

- Getting to see everyone again. Hooray!

- Hanging out in the Tavern on Friday night after logisting and apparently being in-game, because undead walked into the tavern and started to attack us. Eventually the fight broke outside and someone walked by when we were in a hold and said "So, I guess you guys are practicing, huh?". Nope, we were really close to dying. Finally, we ran into the woods and split up, and the Hunt came into game and tooled the undead down.

- Two Profs! Swinging 4's or 6's felt great this weekend, I actually felt useful. The only downside is I couldn't find anyone to teach me Parry. Or Slay. Or Evade. So I'm not going to have any defensives or PTD skills again next event. :(

- My new boots being as awesome as I hoped they'd be. And only 2 people I talked to thought that $200 was a good deal.

- Jaimi giving me a 3 times ever magic item for my help making those bunk beds. Earth Blade 3 times ever FTW!

- Getting to weild Mama again, even if she's putting on weight. It's been a while since I've used PVC.

- The Rendar module, and my armor failing at stealth. I love how it really gives the lowbies something useful to do (Thanks Sean Metzler!). The Roleplay with Samara as the Ogre was awesome.

- NO TOUCHY!!! Brian Bender, if you see this, I want you to know I dedicated my AIM Screen Name to Rock from last season. "DontDrinkTheLava"

- Going on 3 or 4 mods during the course of the weekend and actually feeling useful on them too!

- My spear that Nick was using all weekend. I loved that thing, the little bit where I actually got to use it.

- That brutal, brutal fight for the food pallets. It was so rough, and I almost needed a Life spell, which would have sucked because there didn't look like there was lot going around.

- Speaking of almost needing a life, only falling down twice all weekend kicked ***.

- Genuinely being scared about the results of Wynter's resurrection. I was soo scared of hearing any bad news. Also, vowing to be her personal Death Spell Taker.

- Completely forgetting about my life outside of Vry for the entire weekend. I only thought about my real life once, and that was remembering that I had vacation this week.

- Bill's Ice Elf person. What was his name? Kinayo? I loved that character, and I hope he fights on our side for a long time.

- Going another event not eating the Breakfast King's food. I wonder how long I can go before I cave..

- The Saturday Night wave Battle where the Earth Circle went down. That was so much fun, especially when Az and my flanking tactics failed. It was still awesome though, because I was actually killing stuff.

- Glorious Red!! She has to unlock the lock to get the key out of the box so she can unlock the box so she can get Eternal Life!

- Francis Teawaddle. I loved this character, roleplaying with her, and the plot surrounding her. Such a cool and funny character. My new favorite NPC.

- And here's a not so favorite: No Vry Pantherghast yet. :-(

That's about all I can remember for now. I'll probably post more later, as I remember them.

dreadpiratebill said:
Brian Bender did a amazing job as Rock and showed him how to be a "great hero". I thought Rock would have him eating babies and killing town, but he rolled with every little asinine chilish thing I did. He even managed to teach him about "people" and "non people" and how to be subtle when confronting ememies who have control over your allies.
I loved how when Rock first saw you, he was talking slowly like you didn't understand english well. I turn to Wynn I think and say "It's like a 3 year old teaching a 6 year old something". Soo funny.

dreadpiratebill said:
Thanks to Gary as Skylar for giving me the chance to play up the "i dont know who or what I am" card durring our "fight". Temper tantum with a boulder rep vrs the bad man. "I said STOP IT ptd 90 massive slay" only to get pummeled by 20 massives after it.
I saw that. It was kinda funny but scary at the same time seeing you two going at it back and forth with the boulder.

Now that my sleep-deprived brain has sorted itself out a little...

- Player-driven plot. You guys make me seriously miss PCing!

- Hearing that Vry fought off an undead horde all by himself Friday night, before most of the NPCs had even gotten into game!

- Gogo Gadget lowbie plot

- Playing Nivek. Her heritage was supposed to be a subtle thing to come out over several events, but as soon as Sun saw her she started telling her all about Garuda, so I had to put two and two together. Seeing people's reactions to the phrase "this is Garuda's daughter!" was fabulous. I think the best was when Sun told Nivek that knowledge of her existence would have made Garuda very, very happy.

- Francis Teawaddle. I finally found a use for that ugly old dress! I'm glad people got a kick out of her. :)

- Muggs and Rock trying to convince Squire Tavistock to make them firekin, or to direct them to someone who could

- Having Bill's little brother turn 16 at midnight on Friday -- this kid bled hardcore! Bill, bring him back!

- Pulling off a Love 9 on Pantzike under the pretense of "oh please do teach me ritual magic!"

- Bill's toddler dragon-elf, utterly adorable

- Muggins explaining to Asharah that squireship, although similar, is not like a wedding

- Leading the charge to the undead battle: celestial templar squire Kainen, celestial templar childe Sevaria, celestial templar paladinic squire Julia... and Ator

- Raksa: (upon seeing Francis) "Wow! You like, wicked old!"
Francis: "Well, you're very big!"

- Asharah's observation that "you young races are very fond of public announcements"

- Any and all roleplay involving Rock, Thruggs, Keely, Nicodemus or Wynn

- Playing the spirit of Pure Lord Badriya. Of course the only human close enough to speak for me is a total Sadeen Moore sympathiser ;)

- Lord Orin vs the Justicar

- Surrounding myself with charmed/loved PCs during the last battle -- Sevaria, Thruggyar, Ator and dwarf caster guy

- Asking Sir Wynn to sing ribald tunes in the tavern and Deborah getting Kinayo to dance

- Cerebral Devourer tag and release program

- Thruggyar: "What you sayin about da green ones?"
Nivek: "I said I only trust da green ones as far as I can throw dem, and dat's not far"
Thruggyar: "...Actually dat pretty sound advice"

- Wild elf gas poison!

- Getting a Love 9 on Rock, even after everyone knew we were bad guys!

- Thorkl the Wise, Thorkl the Mighty, Glorious Red and the box

- Asharah running in screaming about the earth's agony, closely followed by two Ravenous. Intense mid-battle roleplay with Keely and Nic

- "No touchy!"

- Bjorn and Sashi: platonic unlife partners

Who's ready for next month? :twisted:

Flyaway Bird said:
Who's ready for next month? :twisted:

oooooooh me me me me me me!!

Flyaway Bird said:
Hearing that Vry fought off an undead horde all by himself Friday night, before most of the NPCs had even gotten into game!
It wasn't just me. Ocean was there and the Dwarf keeping the Tavern (forgot his name >_<) was there, but I was the only one that could swing more than 2. What a way to start an event.

Flyaway Bird said:
Who's ready for next month?
Depends. Vry Pantherghast?

phedre said:
Mike/Drenten just said he would be willing to go out as a Vry Pantherghast.
Samara's already called being the Vry Pantherghast. Unless two come out at the same time...

(Given that the Vry APL at any given event is likely only 5-6)

The Vry Pantherghast, while fearsome in aspect and demeanor, has been known to be killed by a brisk wind or when confronted by odorous footwear. It's mating call is similar to the dying scream of a gazelle who has trod upon a porcupine and is toppling off of a cliff that it stumbled off of immediately afterwards. Should you encounter this most rare of creatures, it can be appeased by throwing a ripe Vry into its gaping maw, though this is not reccomended as the Vry is a protected species under Bastion law and should only done in extreme emergencies or when it would provide amusement to passers-by.

-Wilford Pleasuance
President
Center for the Research and Appreciation of Pantherghasts (C.R.A.P.)

Toddo said:
(Given that the Vry APL at any given event is likely only 5-6)
Hey, I'm going to be close to level 8 next event.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Hey, I'm going to be close to level 8 next event.
Oh, well in THAT case, my arms will be swinging Death and Body and Mike's will be swinging Destruction and Massive. Maybe we'll even get a third person attached, swinging Chaos and Wither.

A level 8 Vry is a mighty foe indeed.

Flyaway Bird said:
Oh, well in THAT case, my arms will be swinging Death and Body and Mike's will be swinging Destruction and Massive. Maybe we'll even get a third person attached, swinging Chaos and Wither.

A level 8 Vry is a mighty foe indeed.
I expected worse.

It will also have spellstrike race change at will. Mighty enough?

Jen (who still can't get over the latest oops change to hobbling and is now finding it funny that Sun will have to be casting yet another rc to de)

Laugh and silence combo. it makes peoples heads explode.

Jezebel said:
It will also have spellstrike race change at will. Mighty enough?

Jen (who still can't get over the latest oops change to hobbling and is now finding it funny that Sun will have to be casting yet another rc to de)

wait a minute... who is going DE now? They better dam well being doing it right... ;) :D

Back