April Highlights

Just throwing this up since no one else has yet. Post your favorite moments and such.

First off, this was a FANTASTIC event! Both taking and defending the keep were spectacularly fun and difficult struggles, and I hope we can have another event like this one in future. Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

1. As stated above, the two big battles (with the Corrupt fight being my favorite of the two) were absolutely amazing. Things were just strong enough and scary enough for us to be thinking "We're screwed" the entire time, and that was awesome.
2. Having my 2nd Rez, due to Pan Da and Fern whooping me to the ground in a matter of seconds.
3. Talitha accidentally killing Jonathan. Poor guy.
4. Fern eating like 3/4 of the poisoned doughnut in one bite and prearranging using an Awaken, just because it looked so darn tasty!
5. Kobold stuff with Fern. We sure do know how to deal with them Kobolds, right Paul? ;)
6. The Thunderlizard mod, with me recognizing the Elemental Stone Node and overemphasizing how important it was for my companions not to touch it, then having Thorador accidentally trip over it.
7. Shenanigans from Hengin and Gandian Ice/Flame auras. It feels good for Gandian and Hengin to be friendly with one another again, even if it's elementally awkward for them to stand close too together.
8. My brief stint as a Corrupt NPC when they needed extra bodies. That was a really fun card to play.
9. Jumping in front of no less than 7 Arcane Death effects. I'm going to miss being bottled....

There's probably more, but I'm kinda tired right now.

Panda: "GET THE F*** IN HERE!"

Marsters: "I call upon earth to grant you the power of an earth blade!" *throws packet*
Panda: "Spell Shield you ***!"
Me: *touch-cast* "I call upon earth to grant you the power of an earth blade."
Panda: Thank you

Talking the farmers into going spider slaying with us. Time traveling.

When Dave as the Stone Elf Necromancer had downed a person, I dove in w/ a Cure Light Wounds spell, grabbed his attention and just rolled away from him. Literally on the ground, I rolled away as fast as I could :p

I also one time tried healing Alexander in snow, again I apologize, but there is a bit of humor that needs to be pulled from that one.

Best event ever, I have to say thank you to Dave and his minions who run the SoMN Alliance, I really enjoyed it. I also must say a big thank you to NPC's. They kept the game running pretty awesomely even after the siege was over, quite a few of us had fun going to the future, taking down spiders, and taking down undead, twice.

Man what an event.
We need to go to that location once a year at least.
Here are a few of my favorites in no order.
1. Getting into the earth guild. i have wanted to get into it since i started larping and now it has come to pass. (I always thought i would never get in because i tend to be quite and not a man of action as the others are)
2. During the siege fern and i and a couple others going around the side of the castle hoping we could get in. ( and failing but it was still fun)
3. Going down during the defense of the castle and Gorka trying to save me and getting beaten down before we got to the defenses. (That was fun and i was close to going to the earth circle)
4. Giving Gandian grief all weekend. (it's my favorite past time, I love ya man you make it almost to easy.
5. Watching Old players leading as always and take on new roles, and new players grow into leaders.
6. After being away all fall and winter coming back to see everything change with all the guilds and new players.
7. Last but certainly not least, playing and talking to all of you i missed you all and will hopefully go to a late fall or winter event this year so it isn't so long of a wait.
I can't wait for the next event, but it will take me a few days to recover.
Have fun all
Al

In no particular order,

-During the PCings attempting to take the castle, we take the court yard and then we are sitting around waiting, and all of a sudden a giant wave of undead come pouring out of the open gate throwing spells left and right, that was epic.
-The magic rope swamp module, it was very good way to get us to work well together, and it was really fun.
-Getting all the blacksmiths and alchemists together and coming up with some awesome unique ideas and implementing them, and then spending a crap ton of gold on it.
-The Harbors Far - Forests Edge chat
-James being a complete idiot...and causing me so many headaches
- Let others doing the battle leading and focusing on just hitting stuff, though I think I turned off my tactical thinking brain a little too much during that fight, it was relaxing just focusing on hitting stuff.
-My weapon, armor, and arrow carriers, regardless of how useful they ended up being I am happy I was able to implement the idea effectively.
-The whole craziness of it all

It was a great event, very enjoyable, and I look forward to going back again, though hopefully in the summer.

-The perk of being in the earth guild, not having to take 3 and below was amazing I felt like a lean green healing machine

-Being the first to fall down! it is a great honor to try to swing the first blow towards taking that castle

-Tarqua's gifts and supplys, I credit half of the lives I saved to to his potions

-Haveing Brother Eric "call Gorka" to apprentice for, then ignoring it and Suggesting taking on Crow insted

-3 dark Elfs, 2 Barbarions, a Dwarf, a Human and an Orc all tied to a rope walk into a swamp...

-Getting my first magic item attuned finally, thank you for those that helped

-Taking the newbies out with Eve, that was my first time leading and they all improved so much. the diffrence of going into the cave and going out was huge. You all did amazing and thank you for letting me practice leading on you.

-Bonding with Eve an trying to take on an undead just the two of us but not being able to cus the new players always got there first cus they were awesome

-The driad, gypsy and human group, I was able to trust you compleately to get done what needed to get done, I realy hope to see your crew agien

-Being parialy responsible for Dave getting into a dress

-Trying to save Crow, getting hit with a lightning spell and ending up on the wrong side of the wall of force dead

-Gorka walking around intosicated with out a top and barely anyone noticing or caring

-Having bendy posiy time with the dark elves and getting stuc to Dr'ezz

-The paste wearing off and not telling Dr'ezz

-Being on the wall for the defence

Thank you to everyone who helped make this happend and I hpe that we see all those new player agien.

-The fear in all the PCs eyes when the door to the tavern opened and we came running out.

-Trying to open that door only to have it be locked the first time. 1.. 2.. 3.. Shift-Clunk...

-The amassing team work that was shown by the PCs. There were a lot less rezes then there could have been.

-The hot shower on Sunday...

-Learning to fight well enough that even when fighting two PCs, they were being cautious around me.

-Some NPC moments during the Corrupt mod that wont be mentioned here but the NPCs should all know.

-Walking up to the gate only to have 20 alchemy packets fall on you. "Body Dissipates!"

-Having Jerky get dissolved by the random winds that blew through the castle. It sure was drafty...

I have to say that this was certainly my favorite Southern MN event ever.

Obviously the castle setting made the whole event awesome just to start with. Although I didn't participate in using it, seeing the battering ram in action looked awesome.

In the first attack the door opening was very dramatic, and I was happy to see the PC's react as quickly as we did forming up and holding our line.

I also have to give a large thanks to Dave for the FE mod we got. Its very gratifying to see 6 months of plot submissions finally pay off! And that mod was run really well! All of us were quite worried seeing that there would actually be more NPC's than us on the mod, but we managed to get some NPC help and fight back to back very carefully and made it through. Now we don't have to be quite so terrified about loosing Hengin every time he steps into a battle. :)

Performing the town auction on Saturday morning was quite fun, and it seemed like overall there was a bit less controversy about treasure, which I enjoy.

Can't forget to say that also getting Kovu's race change done was pretty exciting too!

And last but not least the castle defense was very epic. I think my favorite moment was when the corrupt were pushing inside the gate one time and poor Thorador was confined among the corrupt, but Navai was ready to pour boiling oil and everyone shouted for him to do it... We cured Thorador afterwards. :)

I'm sure there are more favorites but that's all I can remember, time for class now!

-Watching Fern scamper across the ground on his back during the seige, amusing both in and out of game

-The late night, no running, indoors spider mod. I especially enjoyed the pre-cave discussion on how we could use the farmers as meat shields and just not heal them while one farmer was standing right next to us looking more and more nervous.

-Npc'ing while half awake, "30 Chaos!!!"

-Getting all of the help with the kitchen. You guys were awesome! Seriously, I couldn't have done it without you.

-Dragon poker

-Having a philosophical debate with Jonathan and others on the merits of necromancy and whether or not we should be fighting in the middle of the siege

-Arguing with El and Marsters over NOT taking El's wizard lock, the whole thing still defies logic to Alyce

-Talking with Fern over the sheriff-dom and learning about its history IG

-Alyce to Fern:"Sometimes I really wish I could use magic. I need to be able to cause wounds!" Hengin and Kovu: "..."

-Running around with Jonathan as my not-battle buddy

Epic event all around. Thanks to all NPC's for being fantastic.

1. The Order has finally arrived! It only took two years or so.

2. Being called Captain by someone other than Zed made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

3. Kovu's reaction to York's Hood/Mask combo.

4. Hengin explaining how York moved up the ranks to be captain (is there anything Hengin can't link to sex?)

5. As the NPC's rolled out of the big door on friday getting hit by Arcane Death and saying "Oh..." before dropping.

6. Belly crawling through spider webs in Chain Mail.

7. Pretty much everything else that would be too many to list.

Again thank you to all NPC's, Marshall's, and PC's for making these events the most amazing things ever. And a special thanks to Owner Dave for playing a Dark Elf Matron....

I think next event York's back story will start to be revealed by certain people as well as the mystery of his non existent Surname.

Wow... What an event. SO GOOD.
Favorite parts? Many. Here's a few.
-The NPC's coming out of the door. There's a reason it's up here a ton of times, that was sooooo cool.
-Surviving the big siege, clearing the last of the necromancers out of the castle, and then dying immediately after (and now I have a great first death story).
-Getting along better with Alyce. She was Jonathan's favorite Fracas Friend.
-All the player-on-player drama (TALITHA) and snuggling with a Sarr.
-Feeling useful despite the strength and skill of the NPC's.
-THE SHOWERS
-The food was really good too. It was nice to have snacks during the Friday fight (New rule: when assaulting, always take the kitchen first.)
-Meeting with so many friendly people (York, Jules, Kami). I had a great time with great people.
CRAP. I totally forgot about the archery tournament. IT WAS AWESOME!!!

it was good to go back and see everyone. it was a sweet location. had an alright time playing but had a way better time npcing and running a small cave encounter for some folks on saturday night. it reminded me of what parts of the game i liked. thanks all. hope to get whooped by ya a bunch this year as an NPC :emo: :ninja: .

So four Dark Elves, two Barbarians, a High Orc, a Human, and a Dwarf are tied together and walk into a swamp...
Also, everything else was amazingly awesome, seeing as how this was my first event.

I'm probably spelling names wrong, but...

Tengen to D'rezz "So what's this alchemical solvent worth to you?"
D'rezz storms out of the room, Gorka glued to him.

my first comment has to go the castle , IT WAS GREAT!! that really made an excellent setting for the entire event!!

not only was storming the castle great but holding on to it was equally impressive, as well as all the new players that showed up. also the teamwork that went on for most of the event was very good,it showed that much can be done if everyone works together.

Ohh let's see. Excellent venue, certainly, and the variety of players was just awesome. It was nice to meet many new people and still be able to see old friends.

1. Finally feeling like a useful healer! It was quite fun and exhilarating having to drive to people and quickly force-feed them potions, only to run off the second they were up to heal another. I think Gorka and I will make quite a team from now on.
2. Running with Fern for most of Saturday night. I felt like I'd gained a bit of respect.
3. Running supplies on the left wall. The gate may have fallen, but we put up a valiant effort.
4. Late-night spider mod. "Poke the eggs some more!"
5. Target practice in the courtyard with one of the NPCs whose name I never got. Sorry!
6. Late night talks with both Gorka and Hengin.

I'm sure there are more, but I've got to run to work now!

almost poisoning invading orcs with donuts and creating more mischief cause they kept getting ganked as I was about to give them a donut... what was i supposed to do?
really digging the Harbors Far thing. it really does get better every event. now to get some more recruits....
Rezzing, and then going straight back to the front line, naked MyWE, no armor, 1 body, and getting revenge on the corrupt.
getting back to my stuff and being chased off by NPC corrupt, then finding out that my armor was actually back inside. then back to the front.
annoying fern
intoxicating kendra
offering all the people in the town donuts that weren't poisoned.
and last but not least: being separated from my pants not once, but twice because of darn walls of force.

I wish i had met more of y'all and gotten a better chance to RP with more peeps. thanks for a fun event.

SnowsongWolf said:
I'm probably spelling names wrong, but...

Tengen to D'rezz "So what's this alchemical solvent worth to you?"
D'rezz storms out of the room, Gorka glued to him.

It was Novi saying it to D'rezz :-D

Walking in on Kobold Shenanigans.
Having to figure out which of Davion's traits rules the others. (Keeping Promises beat his desire to hunt monsters. His self preservation beat his anarchism)
Throwing an Archery Tournament off the cuff!
Seeing somebody with throwing weapons actually win the tournament.
The look on Jonathon's face when he saw how much he won.
Helping make Alchemical Fire to rain down on our enemies. (Mwuhahahaaha)
Peter swinging his claw at me while I stood on the wall above him.
Getting yelled at by Gorka because I was arching from the ground.
Sneaking outside to certain death during the last big mod.
Surviving the certain death by sneaking back inside during one of the PC's pushes into the courtyard.
Lady El's speech at the end of the night.

Highlights:

1) It was a FREAKING CASTLE people, not a make-believe minds-eye kinda thing, it was a REAL CASTLE, with walls, ramparts, towers, gates, suits of armor and banners on the walls, authentic doors and appointments, full industrial kitchen, and even a princess!!!
2) The private rooms were totally worth it, especially for all the makeup the dark elves put on, it was a huge bonus to have our own private sink and place to put on our game faces. It was also awesome to have a private shower/bathroom as well!
3) We….must….go….back….***begins to twist Dave’s arm***
4) 6 dark elf PC’s! The tea ceremony was epic, and will be repeated. :D It was awesome that so many were there and that we were able to educate some new players on the finer points. I hope you guys keep coming back!
5) Dark Elf Matron (*snickers*), it was difficult keeping a straight face. Thanks Dave for the sweet awesomeness of the Dark Elf plot and RP! (I still feel bad about the high-school-ish behavior we did to Jen as she tried to sit down and eat with us without being invited…) [Jamina sits down with her food] Dure’dhel: This is a private conversation. Jamina: I just served you food, and there is no space at any other table… Matron: There’s plenty of floor space, remove her.
6) BATTERING RAM!!! I don’t know how you guys did it, but it actually made a “THOOM” when the padded end hit something. It was totally epic how we charged the walls as the archers rained arrows down on us!
7) Having our pre-assault planning and coordination pay off. We were pretty damn efficient at taking the keep. It was awesome how well everyone worked together!
8) Friday night fighting in the courtyard after gaining the walls and hearing a loud boom as the doors to the keep opened and undead began to pour out. WOW. It was totally unexpected.
9) 4 dark elves, a dwarf, a human, 2 barbarians, and an orc walk into a swamp tied together to gather magic mushrooms… :funny:
10) Lentil soup for dinner!
11) The EPIC battle Sat night. It was even harder to keep the castle than it was to take it. You guys did a great job making the battle very difficult without overwhelming us. We were on the edge of the knife the entire fight, where our characters began saying we are all gonna die and then somehow finding a way to hold on until the node was destroyed. This is one of the awesome things about SMN, you guys do an awesome job keeping things balanced during long extended battles, so that after the battle it feels like an amazing accomplishment that we even survived.
12) Leading a strike group out around the castle to pull off some of the pressure from the main assault, knowing that we had an 80% likelihood of dying but managing to keep all but one person alive despite being overrun and having to retreat multiple times (sorry Pandora).
13) Boiling pots of alchemists fire being dumped from the main gate…total awesomeness!
14) Witnessing Kovu’s rituals. Sam you do awesome RP as you cast your rituals! You provide an excellent example as I begin to plan my own ritual casting. Thank you!
15) Seeing players really grow into their characters and become more knowledgeable about the game and more confident in combat. You guys are doing great, and are a good example for us old people for how to work together! Thank you!!!
16) Having “Befores” and “Afters” with the peeps visiting from Chicago!
17) Walking into work on Monday morning, not realizing that I was still channeling Dure’dhel, as a coworker told me that they felt like they should be saluting me as I was walking around the office with an air of command. Fortunately I refrained from ordering them to salute me :D

Back