April weekend favorites

omg i was rolling when you started Quoteing the "cold". UP here with your smarts.

TIM

ok, wow.. back from work finally.. they do NOT like it when i go away.. anyway.. so now that I am warm and dry again and my face and hands are recovering from exposure i can write.

I guess first favorite is the site. it keeps getting better and better every game. all the guys who were there helping us fill in the trenches for the mod area.. you guys rock. that was NOT easy work and you all busted your butts before the game to get the first one done. and we even got the front logistics area filled in so no more metal plate. hazzah!

Scott and Eric you guys are the most courteous and professional guys i know. you always ask if players are having fun, you are never affraid to get your hands dirty to help, and you both roleplay better than i ever will.

hmm.. so IG stuff.. MAGES GUILD PLOT. michelle, I will have your babies now.

All things Team human. I know we see each other OOG all the time, but nothing is better than hitting the contested lands and kicking some troll *** together. unless it's going with the dark elves into the naga tunnels and fighting **** we have absoltely no business fighting (thank Find'rth and Walgar for our lives).

All things Ivan. That bit in the tavern about dockside and the orphanage.. that was the closest I have felt to being totally immersed in my character since I started playing. I wish I was there for the crown incident.

Walgar/Tim. Even as a Med/Forge Healer I don't claim to be your equal or rival.. (i'd need like 10 more levels to get there and even then you'd kick my *** in a fight) but it's still.. something to reach for :mrgreen: regardless, i find our stories, banter, and time fighting together a highlight each time I play.

Gloriana... what can i say? how ironic is it that at the begining of Nathan's adventuring career he would learn to distrust romani so much.... only to return years later grown up and find you there, teaching him to spellcraft, including him in rituals, listening to his story, and giving props when he gets a good one in on walgar during the squires meeting. maybe someday he'll learn to watch his mouth before all of the "half breed" casters kick his ***.

WeeMee!! Remember, Rangers always go first... Wizards.... go last.

Waking up 10 seconds before I needed a life spell to see none other than Shya standing there saying, "Nathan!.. what's it been like.. 7.. 8 years??" That's a hell of a way to say hello in my book!

The Elemental wave battle int he forrest. Again.. Shya, saving our asses. Osrick, her, and I just jumping in and out of circles that was some hot magic action.

Speaking of the elementals. you three NPCs.. I would buy you a beer if I knew you were drinkers. Both at the wave battle, and every time we met you on the field.. awesome role play mixed with some of the funniest stuff I have heard from monsters. Sparky!! I summon a force to shatter your face!! Nailing poor theo with 30 elemental flame right in the jewels!!!

The NPC trolls by the river. the fishing thing was awesome. it really made it look like we stumbled upon you guys unknowingly. I was so frackin scared when i hit that one with a lightning blast and she kept coming. I was like.. oh crap!!! what kind of trolls are these!!!!! hahahaha best mistake ever.

THEO!!!! man, i hope you don't kill team human while we sleep after all that crap we gave you at breakfast. we're just.. not normal is all.

Ragnar, man it's been a loooong time. you tell the best stories though.

Perwin's baklava. and glorianan's generosity with it. Gee, it's been like forever since i ate that. i forgot how rich that is. hope you have a blast in may and decide to come back more often!!

All the Tavern staff for all their hard work, and all of the NPCs for being so hard core and giving us an unbelievable amount of energy and effort in the cold and wet.

And lastly, to Rich for all his hard work behind the scenes with props, costumes, and keeping the npc weapons safe and catalgued. you do some serious work man. I hope i can help out this year.

hopefully I didn't forget anyone. Awesome opener. This year is going to rock my dockside socks.

-Robb

Ren and Telokh, I would never leave team human to race change.. but if i ever did, it would be stone elf, and it would be because of you guys.

Oh man, Robb's post about immersion in the game reminded me! I had a total immersion moment. I had almost deja vu like immersion one point down by the creek. The area we were in looked SOO much like how I pictured an area described in my winter plot write up. I totally forgot I was playing a character and had a lump of anxiety and sadness in my chest. It must have been apparent in my face because Baron Ivan walked over asked if I was ok. Without thinking about how my character would react, I regained control and said I was fine.

I love those moments.

Thanks plot for that great winter write up!

Due to RL issues, I couldn't be at the entire event but here's my list of favs from the event.

1. All things Nordenn- Between Glorianna, Shya, Elryoin(sp?), Aaeun, Raven and Aubrey, I was laughing every couple minutes over one thing or another. From the strange love triangle discussion to watching Glori try and run from Mike Strauss's character come in w/ a flower. I thought Glorianna was going to yell at Aria when she commented about how sweet it was that she had been given a flower.

2. Attempting to do a ritual when I'm not ready for it. I feel so bad for Nathan, Glorianna told me to teach him how to do a ritual and it ends up failing. He must be doubting Aria's abilities at casting rituals. I still think Glorianna should have done it.

3. Blowing up trolls - it's nice that when you throw a dragon's breath and it kills the creature.

4. it was nice seeing everyone, old and new players after such a long time w/o playing

~Marla

I have to start this by saying this was the first time I played my Dark Elf in almost two years. This event was awesome! Thank you to Jess and all of plot and the NPCs, you guys were freaking amazing. So without giving away any Dark Elf secrets, here are some of my favorites....

"Yup this is definitely a torture chamber."

Having never done any type of translating before or even word puzzles, and after an hour of work being able to read the Naga language.

Doing the vision ritual. Yes, Jessica Brown scared the crap out of Marrek and seriously creeped me out OOG.

After the vision ritual, telling everone what happened to me. Find'rth"Yup, Marrek's F'd" And later on in conversation, Find'rth "Marrek you shouldn't be afraid of________. The only thing you should be scared of is me."

Getting to hang with some new Dark Elves, Ted, Justin and Mike, I'm looking foreward to playing with you guys again.

Staying in the tavern protecting Jess's NPC while the town went out to fight a wave battle and having an awesome conversation about Dark Elven history.

Seeing Glorianna for the first time in years. "Marrek!! I can't hug you can I?" "No."

And of course getting to hang out with Scott and Dee for the weekend.

I want to thank all of plot and NPC camp again for making this one of the best events I've been to.

Wow, Im very suprised Im on Erics list.....in a good way. Thanks alot man, oh and by the way I don't smoke ;)
I know we can't control the weather...yet...but that hampered the weekend (to me). It was a good weekend overall. I was glad to see some old faces again. I want to thank Brian for going out of his way to make sure my and my boys were enjoying our selfs, thanks alot bro.

I'm a bit busy at work but I will post one funny moment. I was paralized from a quick fight. So my boys thought it would be great to drag me up to the tavern and prop me infront of the bar for a drink. The tavern keep (the man with the beard and glasses) asked me if I wanted a drink a few times and then proceded to state that he didn't speak Dwarf....I almost lost it. Then people trying to order a drink, pick up or drop off there order would bump into me and then say "oh, sorry I didn't see you there". But the iceing on the cake is when Zat found me standing there with a flower in my sword hand. After my goons informed her that this was done out side and not in the taveren she starts to laught a bit then immeditly says "You guys are EVIL!" I lost it........

One more for me is when Ali got paralized and Walgar walked her over to a nice rock and sit her down. Then i started singing to her and danceing with her wile she was stuck. I think Ali almost broke, ( but at one point i made her snort so hard her mask moved LOL ).

Tim

Oh man, what a weekend! If it wasn't for the preponderance of mud, it'd be my most favorite event ever. Now that my legs have stopped hating me and I read through these, I too am reminded of my favorite moments:

* Playing a Grenadier in the Goblin "Hair loom" mod. Even though I didn't get to explode on anyone, it was more than made up for by running around the PC's like a blithering idiot screaming "YA CAN'T CATCH ME! I'M GOOOBLIN LIGHTNING!"

* Being one of the Tour Guides to acclimate our Neo-Kuh's to the area and making up the ridiculous stories along the way.(Even if we almost got obliterated by Chazz due to some misunderstandings) I half-expected the Sars who came along to call us on it, but they just enjoyed the show and even added to it.
"It was here in these very woods where our local heroes defeated a large number of Acid-spitting Plant monsters. And after the battle, the one known as Walgar proceeded to roll up and smoke one of the defeated creatures."

* Finally bursting out of my Kuh-coon and getting to Encounter Head *Shwartzenegger voice* TWICE!

* Getting to go out once again as Poncho Sanchez when Saturday night. I swear I'm gonna PC as him one day.

* The Tweed Vest Society mod! That one was a piece of Stupid Hour gold! Big props to Collin for throwing that one together.

* And last, but not least, getting to go out and crunch as the BEST. MONSTER. EVER. Chocolate Pudding! That's what made my weekend complete. Bloop, bloop!

Robb Graves said:
Ren and Telokh, I would never leave team human to race change.. but if i ever did, it would be stone elf, and it would be because of you guys.

Can you say "secondary character"? I thought you could. C'mon, Amelia, we have to get our hooks into him now!

OK, now some faves for me.

1) My first time using Stone Elf mind abilites IG was amazing. Not only did it require a plot marshall (yay, Ali) but the gathered group was amazing. Ren and Gwendara joined Telokh for an interesting look into Ulthoc. Dealing with the siphoned negative emotions was kicked up a notch when the two Stone elves start bitching at everyone in the circle, but mostly each other. Telokh even called Ren ....well, it wasn't very nice. Can't wait for round two! Gotta role-play more with Ren, too. Telokh has been the observer for too long. Next event, more personable interaction.

2) Going to check out some elementals with the other Celestial types. They were Fire Elementals. The only Evocation I have in memory: Flame Bolt. That sure helped...NOT! I dropped the experimentation with Vansir beliefs and went straight Evocation at Logistics. Sorry, Ulthoc and Walgar.

3) Watching Sryah's intoxicated MWE-ness after the Bloops came by. Ragnar was quite lucky. *wink* Lyle was down and she was "searching him for a potion" to Joaquinn's cries of "Go Human! Go Human!" and "Hey, one of you guys get in there!". Priceless.

4) Running back through the gathered NPCs in the final battle, after timing out a Prison where the battle line shifted, and not being hit.

5) How can I forget: Stone Elf Pantherghast!! If I would have remembered that I had a few more Evocation spells in memory I'm told I would have dropped it on my own. Note to Self: Know what spells you have, dammit!! A Damage Aura would help, too.

I smoked somthing??? must have been really good.

Tim

<<< All things Ivan. That bit in the tavern about dockside and the orphanage.. that was the closest I have felt to being totally immersed in my character since I started playing. >>>

Thanks, Robb. You know, when we were talking about that IG, you had this funny look on your face and now I kinda understand why. At the time I thought maybe you were lost in thought or something, but now I understand it. That's awesome. Now stop reading the boards and go finish my "Repentance" ritual!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Gee-Perwin said:
Hope the operation went well. I also hope someone saved you a piece of baklava. I sent an entire batch up with Mike/Ragnar.

Yes, and I was sitting right there when Nordenn did a baklava toast (mutant piece...heheh). It was one of the saddest moments of my life. A table full of people encouraging me to take a piece and in a small, desperate, out of game voice, I say, "I can't eat sugar."

-MS

I know the fealing I cant eat nuts and I shouldnt eat sugar :(
working kitchen I found a few people that couldt eat bread or flour products and one that coudnt eat tomato's
if only cures worked IRL

mikestrauss said:
Gee-Perwin said:
Hope the operation went well. I also hope someone saved you a piece of baklava. I sent an entire batch up with Mike/Ragnar.

Yes, and I was sitting right there when Nordenn did a baklava toast (mutant piece...heheh). It was one of the saddest moments of my life. A table full of people encouraging me to take a piece and in a small, desperate, out of game voice, I say, "I can't eat sugar."

-MS

You sad sorry person. You missed Ambrosia. Mana from heaven.

:twisted:
More for nordenn!

AllianceNJ said:
mikestrauss said:
Gee-Perwin said:

-MS

You sad sorry person. You missed Ambrosia. Mana from heaven.

:twisted:
More for nordenn!

Hahaha, Baklava toast! I know the exact "mutant piece" you were referring to. It was a corner piece, which is always one of the mutants. The phillo dough tends to get thicker on one side than the other because it's about 1/4" longer than my pan. So you always have one or two mutants in the batch. IMO they are the BEST pieces to eat. :D

And Erica, you know more is coming. I just looked at the calendar--3 weeks and a day! Hope you're ready for your favorite baker.

Ok weekend favorites.
* staying with the storm blades...always a good time even sharing a bed with Darkin and Kayden every night. Its rough but somebody has to do it.
* Casting out the window of the tavern and healing all the good guys from some place where i could actually see them. The martial moved the fight down from (this is the one where zenu got infected) the area outside the tavern door for "safety reasons" or so Sryah didn't kick there ***. HAHA.
* Joquinn "Oh yeah Sryah I am right behind you." as kayden and i stroll down the hill to our doom. moments later brian bender comes out of the woods as undead and Sryah squeks, "Kayden?" and runs accross the bridge, gets in a nice comfy place and starts to scream cause she knows she is going to die there. 60 sec into her bleeding out count she wakes up to izar and Gwen and knows that the screaming worked, sure she had a destory undead but what good is it to kill one and get tooled down by the rest and rez? Way to go brian and other undead for being scary as ****. Sryah gets sooo scared.
*Disscussions about sexuality, mating customs and morality the Baron Ivan. Also him lending the pretty little mystic wood elf his arm all weekend. So sweet!
* Drunken Gwen!!! nuff said.
*Also last wave battle when i got lifed and didn't know and ended up behind the line of bad guys. Then got up and silenced the magic storm and promptly died again but the npc said nice before he tooled me down.

Worst moment:
Waiting for Ragnar to come back from the circle. Also almost killing wulgar for not knowing when to shut up.

Such a great event. Mud and cold only made it more epic!

ok...so i waited long enough for the plague to only leave a killer cough and my body to stop hurting...now i must post favorites

1) Baklava
2) Seeing Sryah and the "WOW" factor that always surrounds her and her IG interactions with players
3) Playing a very embarassing period in Khaadi's life and being surrounded by Gorbe that reacted everytime she was around
4) Mod-breaking and the "why don't we ______ and ______" (FOIG...if you can)...and the approving nods and agreements from the rest of the crew
5) Beating down the Ambassador (Mich)- you know we love you
6) Hauling people up those stairs with the stone elementals "I got you Izer *picking up Izer and hauling him up the stairs*...*scramble* Crap my tail is stuck...Mrawr Stupid Stairs!! *resulting in Izer slumping on the stairs and me having to pick him up again*
7) Stone elementals and gritting my teeth cause I wasnt doing much (if any damage) and staying in the fight cause it was the right thing to do...being cornered and killed just as I finally got to Ragnar and Parduc (good job NPC's for not letting up on the cub)
8) Zehn being bitten - Ali, what can i say other than you are amazing - an silly PC's for approaching an angry/sad Parduc and the protective Khaadi *hiss*
9) Stormblades, you guys are so fun. Poor Darkan got told to cease and desist on the "MWE Pile" explanation...Andros teaching me a useful skill on one of the other Stormblade members - "please hold still while I gut you"
10) Everything Ragnar...From no one explaining why Khaadi was acting so different...to roll-call for the kittens...and I/Khaadi cried like a baby because her Uncle was in the circle and she hadnt saved him...

I must say this...even though words won't express this completely...my favorite of all is being able to be apart of this wonderful game and hang out with people that I feel close to and people who actually understand me, to meet so many wonderful individuals and build friendships with good people. I love all of you guys and can't wait for all the events to come.

Love and blessings, Em/Khaadi

Back