arcane armor 4 sale

Ithica said:
try to be more tactful, polite, patient, and all around less annoying.
Excellent, my lesson has been taught. Look inwardly on these words and then in your dealings in this matter thus far. I am confident that you will see the mistakes you have made. If not, ask the person you have reading your missives to you, I'm certain they will help.

I assumed the item was lost before I re-sent my initial missive. Nonetheless, I am a little disappointed that you are still convinced that no offer was made on my part, I made it four separate times now, once quite publicly in the very message you responded to. I even expanded the offer to include a reading tutor, which I may send anyways, considering the circumstances. The item was never directly for my benefit, my own Arcane Armor is quite sufficient. The item was to be used by one of my circle-guards. He felt that he would be quicker without armor, I thought he would live longer with it, Arcane Armor was the natural compromise.

But I digress (or "ramble," I suppose. This is the reason I try to avoid bartering with gaje, no stories, and they're so easily offended by the dramatic flair that comes with haggling.) You have made the cunning observation that I am quite far from you and have rattled your scabbard quite fearsomely, and hypocritically. It is my understanding that you frequent Icenia, and I have only heard terrible things about this place. Perhaps when next I am in Moria you will take the time to come and rattle it at me in person, that is the closest locaton I foresee being to Icenia. You will likely not find me any more or less disagreeable in person, however. (Though, you might like a personal meeting less, I understand that soldiers are required to show respect to people with noble titles, which I bet would just eat you up inside.) Delicious! It will be several months before I am next attempting that journey, and I hope that you'll have worked hard to learn the names of all of the letters by then. Perhaps I will bring some books so that you can demonstrate your progress.

~Kerjal

Darn it, I had you responding in less then 30 minutes... i bet 2 gold you could not let this go without a rebuttal and would respond with some more gibberish with boredom, drama, and insults wrapped in it. Next time ill give you an hour...

Never the less no lesson was taught by yourself. Only that in the end you STILL failed to follow a simple request and are quite scorned that i did not show you special attention. I would of thought someone of such high standards, with scribes at will, surrounded by circle guards, with a noble title?? would of understood the phrase" i'm seeking offers", or demonstrated a little more patience and tact. It must be all the lichs and dragons chasing you that have your focus. So i will look past it...

And since we still do not see eye to eye, your first 2 messages said ...

"I'll buy it, Do you want coin, items, or magic?" this is not an offer, this is a question...and thus was thrown in the trash.

Allow me to educate, im sorry allow me to give some examples...

"ill give you 20 gold", "Ill give you a XXX scroll and 3 silver", "I'll give you a magic sword" You see these are offers, feel free to have a scribe take notes for you in case you see the phrase "I'm seeking offers" in the future to avoid this embarrassment a second time. Then when your ready to actually make an offer make sure you have NOT insulted, or frankly annoyed the seller first.... This is a free lesson to you.

As for Icenia I'm here all the time, you can't miss me. And on a unrelated note to our disagreement, I to heard many horror stories of the place before I simply traveled the myst and came. You can't believe everything you hear you know, it is a wonderful place that i now call home.

As for Moria I have not been there in some time, perhaps fate will be kind enough for me travel in the near future. I shall look for you upon my arrival and we can finish our conversation face to face. On another unrelated note to our disagreement It's been some time since I destroyed a Lich and would love to help hunt this abomination down. Ahem, Understand however, soldier or not, I respect the person not the title. Expect no meaningful kneeling from me as you have not shown me you are worthy of my respect. Yeah i'm one of those kind of soldiers.....

Anyway if we are quite done , i'd like to focus on those who understood my initial request.

-Ithica

Such loud dreamings, pardon my one observation if you will Ithica. I believe I heard Kerjal say after his initial question to your offer that he offered 20 gold in the very same missive. Perhaps I am mistaken and it was only a short missive with "I'll buy it, Do you want coin, items, or magic?" and did not continue on to offer 20 gold in the same letter. Or perhaps that part of the missive was damaged and never reached you, while Kerjal believes it did. I all to well know the soldier's life is a busy one and it could have been missed.

Kerjal, please don't believe all you hear of Icenia. If you should travel that way I would hope you find it and the people who reside there different than any troubling gossip that may have reached you. That or I may meet you in Moria and perhaps show you not all Icenians are worthy of the horror stories.

Duty and Honor,

-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

Gwendara Alanik,
Ithica relayed 3 of the 12 lines of my original missive, so I understand the confusion this caused. While possible part of the message was missed the first time, it was re-sent, and I find it unlikely that the same portions were damaged both times.

The tales I have heard of Icenia have been from several sources, and while many are indeed rumors, I have heard more pressing or pleasant rumors about Moria and Wayside, so it is much more likely that I will find myself there. It takes a great deal of effort for me to push so far into the mists from Andar, where I reside now, and I have been going about attempting new ways to make the trip. I recently attempted to Rift directly to Wayside and failed, I found my body currently unable to maintain the mystical energies long enough to survive the trip (I got about 12 miles and reappeared dead, I don't recommend attempting the feat). I may resort to a simple Spirit Walk ritual, but I have never seen circles in either of those places, so that too has proven more difficult than it sounds. Should gatherings of adventurers occur close enough together chronologically in the new year, I may attempt to hop to one, then mist walk to another. If Icenia is convenient, I will not discount it out of hand.

~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi
Sorcerer of the Split Sky

Kerjal,

Perhaps you can let those who bleed in the defense of Icenia why it is we waste our time on such a terrible place? Though it is true, we are not so fortunate as to dwell in some paradise, I'd love to learn enough about what you've heard and by way of whom you heard it to know why you've brought them up here.

-Wizard Nathan Westwind
Guildmaster, Fairdale Mages' Guild
Elemental Warden of Icenia
Dweller In A Terrible Place

Kerjal,

Do us all a favor. Be quiet. Your ramblings are disrupting the sleep of true heroes.

One Shield; Meaningless without ALL Others, (Except Kerjal's),

Riddick Dale

Kerjal,

I tried to give a peaceful reason or solution to a misunderstanding but I think I have wasted my breath. Foolishness on my part, it will not happen a second time.

At least you have conceded that there may be more to Icenia than what you have heard, so I do not believe you are completely close minded. Though I find it slightly disturbing that a 'noble' of another land has been told and worse believed such things on what appears to be word of mouth alone.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

Personally I'm confused by all this talk of horror in Icenia, granted I have only been there a handful of times. I must say in my experience the dangers of Icenia pale in comparison to the actual horrors I have seen in Caldaria and most definitely Laerthan. Not to say that Icenia hasn't had it share of war and trouble, but it just seems like a calmer place then most I have traveled. I would think that one who fights with liches and dragons would have had to hear most terrible things to really shy away for the place, but if your health on such a travel is in question than it is understandable.

In any event I have heard very little of Moria, bad or good, outside the mention of its name so I do suppose no rumors are better than foul rumors.

~ Avian

My goodness. I could easily have heard that Icenians are all people who read a single line of a message and blow it entirely out of proportion, and I think at this point that it would be a well-founded rumor.
I said that I have heard terrible things about Icenia, and I have. I did not say that I knew that 'the inhabitants were all leprous curs without common decency or that the land itself was a putrid husk of fetid soil so corrupted by the rampant usage of necromancy that the trees themselves dripped blood.' If I had said those things, I would expect such a response. In fact, most of the things I have heard were nowhere near so troubling, but one was much, much worse. That one thing I know for certain, however unlikely it is to come up again: Your land has traveled through time, and I cannot risk being kept from the people I protect for years, they are far too important to me. It is a terrible thing I have heard about Icenia.

The other things; the wars, the undead, the necromantic nobility, the things rifting about, these are things I am used to encountering in many lands where adventurers gather, but they too are terrible things I have heard about Icenia. There seems to be very little disagreement that these are issues that Icenia faces. No peaceful land attracts adventuring folk, unless they go there to live out their years. I have met many adventuring folk over the years who frequent Icenia, and they are never without tales of the most recent terrible thing that has happened there. So yes, I hear terrible things about Icenia, and Andar, and Moria, and Wayside, and Astoria, and Valdanis, and Garrenshaw, and Twighlight Vale, but I never once said that any of those places were not worth defending from them.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi
Bandoleer of the Laetshi

Ithica said:
The highest offers and offers of interest have been answered. I thank all of you for your interest in the item, The offers received were very generous and will help the aid of soldiers in need of resources as well as civilians in need of food. If you did not receive a message from myself please understand your offer was not accepted or "in the running".

Ithica,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to collect some gold for your arcane armor item, because you still owe the Vanguard of the Crimson Storm one Preserved Earth Aura weapon. Failing that, you owe us a permanence catalyst.

Certainly you didn't hope that a two year absence would allow it to slip our minds. Promises were made.

-Thunder-Bringer

Ator,
Not sure if i sense bitterness in your tone, after all there are many other ways for yourself to contact me... Why here like this is do not know, but im not one to shy away when called out so i will rebuttal.

First off, it was just over a year ago not 2years..... The scroll we bartered for as a group ( 2 vanguard, myself, and theodin of the phalanx found the perm cat), anyway As a group the vanguard and myself gave up our share of the cat for a earth aura scroll, my words to you all at the time "i would find a preserve duration in Icenia, and craft 'US' a earth weapon"... Now i have not been around all that much do to private matters, and the person who had my earth aura scroll (as well as some of my other treasure/items) is now perm dead, and you knew this....

But at this time, i assume you no longer care. Without a "how are you", or "how are you doing", and this public contact can only lead me to think that you want what you want. At this time I have no earth aura scroll in my possession, or a perm cat. So your options are to wait out until i can track one down, or compensation for 2 THIRDs value of an Icenian Earth Aura scroll my friend. The money i raised selling this arcane armor (which is not 100% sold yet) is spoken for, but i have plenty of other money. Not to mention a small but decent share of it sitting in that box of yours, after all i did travel and 'pool' with you for a few months last year.

Feel free to contact me privately so we can work this out, you have many ways you can do this. Or we can finish this discussion in public for the entire dream realm to hear. I just hate to think a matter of treasure and material things would come between our friendship.

-Ithica

Back