Arcane Armor Refitting

Not all Focus things have roleplay requirements, but most that don't are Monster Abilities; Regeneration, for instance, doesn't have any listed requirements, nor does refitting Natural Armor, Rifting, or Gaseous Form. Meditate is in the strange territory where its "requirements" are so broad they encompass everything from reading a spell book to running combat drills, but ultimately you just have to look like you're practicing whatever it is you're Meditating back.

Arcane Armor just says you have to Focus for one minute, but doesn't list any further requirements, so I think it's entirely fair to treat it like Meditation: as long as you appear to be concentrating on refitting your Arcane Armor (holding the item in front of you, looking at it, maybe have your eyes closed, maybe be talking or chanting something quietly to yourself), then I don't see why you couldn't walk while doing it, same as you can walk around reading a spell book to Meditate back a spell, or be engaged in active swordplay to Meditate back an Eviscerating Blow.

Can Arcane Armor be combined with Mystic Smith? Can Arcane Armor be combined with Empowered Armor?

Any chance we can get an update on this for event(s) that are taking place this weekend?

@Polare , does “Focus abilities” refer only to game abilities that require Focus, or can I still use Focus to refit AA, as that’s a ritual effect and not a skill, in reference to losing Game Abilities?

Edit: I guess that would also apply to Recharge Prowess, too.

I think Focus is a mechanic rather than a Game Ability, and I also don't think Meditate counts as a Game Ability, since you don't have to spend XP on it; particularly with the text update to Game Abilities that Polare posted this morning, I don't see any reason you couldn't Refit Arcane Armor if you lose access to Game Abilities, since anyone capable of Focusing is able to do it. I would suspect that any purchases of Enhanced Meditate may go away, though, as it wasn't included in the exceptions list, and any Meditation would take the full 10 minutes. In this case, since all the effects that remove your Game Abilities now only last 5 minutes barring Plot Doing What They Want, your ranks would come back at some point during that 10 minutes and I think as long as the minimum amount of time had passed you could count the Meditation complete.

Back