Arch Enemies top paperback seller at my publisher

Mike Ventrella

Duke
Owner
HQ Staff
Arch Enemies was the publisher's biggest paperback seller this last 6 months! Others did better as e-books, but apparently Alliance people (and others) are buying the book. Mind you, we're not talking thousands, but hey, that's still cool, and for a small publisher that mainly specializes in e-books, that's cool and especially since that means people are buying it who I don't even know!!

Anyway, my publisher has made a deal with a new printer so that Arch Enemies can be made available for purchase as a paperback on Amazon.com and in bookstores, so maybe you'll see it someday at Barnes and Noble!

Woo hoo!

Now I've got to finish the sequel...

paythin

Adept
Congratz Mike!

Kevar

Fighter
Seattle Staff
Marshal
Grats!

Mike Ventrella

Duke
Owner
HQ Staff
roycifer said:
Oh, and I still say you should try putting together an Alliance short story anthology (or six) some day, too...
Yeah, I know (sigh)...

I always have a million projects. Right now I am simultaneously writing the sequel to Arch Enemies, putting together a new Players Guide, making a new Rule Book, and trying to update the race packets...

Along with trying to be a lawyer which, as you can imagine, is somewhat time consuming.

How people have time to play games is beyond me! :D

markusdark

Knight
Mike,

Would it be inappropriate to ask roughly how many copies of your book have been sold?
And if it isn't inappropriate - how many copies of your book have been sold?

Mike Ventrella

Duke
Owner
HQ Staff
markusdark said:
Mike,

Would it be inappropriate to ask roughly how many copies of your book have been sold?
And if it isn't inappropriate - how many copies of your book have been sold?
Not many, it's a small publisher. Less than 250. Not that big of a deal, really, but still cool knowing people I don't know are buying it.

markusdark

Knight
Heh, sounds like my friend. He only considered himself a 'real writer' when someone he didn't know bought his book. That's when he threw his publication party. :D

Mike Ventrella

Duke
Owner
HQ Staff
It's a start. Obviously, the hope is that good reviews and good sales at a small publisher will eventually interest a bigger publisher or an agent.

I'm waiting to finish the sequel though before I go shopping it around to an agent or new publisher, because they want to see finished product. I just have not had the time to work on it!

Comments of the chapters already uploaded are appreciated.