As a new player and NPC, what can I expect???

I don't get out of work til 10, and have a two hour drive as well... Wow, that's going to suck.

Doesn't matter if you show up later, many PCs will as well. If you can't find a tent, you can usually find a spot in the tavern to crash for the night.

phedre said:
I don't get out of work til 10, and have a two hour drive as well... Wow, that's going to suck.

Doesn't matter if you show up later, many PCs will as well. If you can't find a tent, you can usually find a spot in the tavern to crash for the night.

That or my car. :)

Yeah, I just wanna make sure that LARPing is something that is something I am going to commit to since I don't really have any other use for a tent (hell, I don't even know how to set one up since growing up in California, the closest camping experience I've ever had was in an RV in a campground that had a vending machine full of candy and soda 20 feet away). Hence my hesitance in investing in one right now.

there is a pretty decent cheap motel near by as well.

You wont get there till 8pm ah you will be fine we dont really get rolling in game till about 10 :) Cant wait to see ya Ill be the loud mouth dwarf serving drinks behind the bar.

Dangles said:
phedre said:

Yeah, I just wanna make sure that LARPing is something that is something I am going to commit to since I don't really have any other use for a tent (hell, I don't even know how to set one up since growing up in California, the closest camping experience I've ever had was in an RV in a campground that had a vending machine full of candy and soda 20 feet away). Hence my hesitance in investing in one right now.

Tab, who plays Wik (you'll know him by his jester hat if he makes it to NH much this season) sleeps in his car all the time. He swears it's more comfortable than an air mattress.

If you want a small tent, Walmart usually has some decent but inexpensive ones. And if you need an excuse to get one, your daughter will probably use it to camp out in your back yard, and she'll probably throw a ward on it and some traps and threaten to fight you when you wake her up for breakfast :) I would've, at 10.

i will be bringing my small pup tent and my big 3 person tent that will probably have either just me and or a friend of mine.

There is the potential (though don't rely on it) that I might be able to show up at the event with an extra tent. I'll check with my school's Outdoor Program lending inventory. I should be able to, as I can't think of anything else that tent would be used for that weekend. I'll check in and let you guys know.

Paul Vorvick

syra pefferfoot said:
i will be bringing my small pup tent and my big 3 person tent that will probably have either just me and or a friend of mine.

Does this mean I may be able to borrow one? Will the pup tent fit 2 people? If the answer is yes, do you promise not to laugh at me in my ineptitude to set up such a shelter?

Dangles said:
syra pefferfoot said:

Does this mean I may be able to borrow one? Will the pup tent fit 2 people? If the answer is yes, do you promise not to laugh at me in my ineptitude to set up such a shelter?

i would say some comment but i wont,
simple answer is the pup tent will not fit two people but its very simple to set up and i will be there to help.

syra pefferfoot said:
Dangles said:
syra pefferfoot said:

i would say some comment but i wont,
simple answer is the pup tent will not fit two people but its very simple to set up and i will be there to help.

now i'm all curious about what you were gonna say..,... :D

And after all my inquiries, it turns out I will not be able to attend this event.

I apologize if I have wasted all your time in answering all my questions.

Thats unfortunate. Hope you can make it to another event this season.

phedre said:
Dangles said:
phedre said:

Tab, who plays Wik (you'll know him by his jester hat if he makes it to NH much this season) sleeps in his car all the time. He swears it's more comfortable than an air mattress.

If you want a small tent, Walmart usually has some decent but inexpensive ones. And if you need an excuse to get one, your daughter will probably use it to camp out in your back yard, and she'll probably throw a ward on it and some traps and threaten to fight you when you wake her up for breakfast :) I would've, at 10.

If you've got a decent one sleeping in cars honestly isn't bad... Unfortunately with the amount of makeup I wear if I did that my car would be black in a matter or week... ;)

Back