Ascension of the Southwest Spire

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 19, 2013

Magi Rhialto rushes into the Southwest Spire. Out of breath from the speed of his descent, he takes a moment to clam down and steady his breathing. A familiar top-knot wearing goblin makes his way over the the Magi. "'ello Majii Rialto. I assume you are 'ere for someting to do wit' da explosion a bit ago?" Ixit asks.

The Magi nods to the goblin and hands him the parchment with the notes and drawing on the Ring. "Ixit, task all of your Lore Teachers, Seekers, Adeptus' and Initiates to finding information on this object. It is a gold ring with multiple diamonds and a massive emerald in the centre. Find out what could be enchanted onto this Ring that could so unleash a fury as to destroy a Circle of Power that an Magi of Lady Corstar's ability and that of the ArchMage himself. I need all your research into the gemstones and what they could represent or what power could be stored within them."

Ixit does not wait long to rally the Arcane Sanctum's wizards in a search for answers.

Magi Rhialto continues once the goblin turns back to him. "The King is in the guest chambers below the ArchMage. Find one of the Magi to invest you into the Ward should you need to study the Ring closer. Be careful not to awaken the King or get underfoot of the Fatespinner or her companions. They have other tasks that we need done to rid him of this accursed Ring."

Mobeus arrives at the Sanctum, waves to his companions and proceeds up the stairs of the Southwest Spire. Even after being away from them for a few months, they feel familiar and agonizing as ever. Mobeus leans some of his weight on his staff as he proceeds up, up, up, and before long is lost to all sight to those who saw him in. After a long while, Mobeus is finally at the top, he opens the door to see a bunch of individuals studying, he soundlessly proceeds to the many shelves, and leafs through some of the books involving Mycology.

It only took a moment to peer up at that massive structure and groan. Did they seriously need to place all the books up that high?. He shook his head and sighed, least another thing to make sure all the more that the Vanguard was successful; much as he believe efficiency in space this was a bit drastic. He was happy at least for the fact he did not need to have an injured leg walking up the steps, and made a good pacing up along the flights.

By the time he arrived up top, he looked to his notes upon looking at the dust he had salvaged off himself and the sketch of the creatures they had fought. It wasn't much to go on, but with no side effects yet he considered those implications. Moving through the aisles until he found the selection of books he wanted, He noticed Mobeus there as well pouring over a tome. He left him his scholarly polite distance and selected a book on the other end of the aisle Mobeus had found. If one of them could find it, at least by chewing down both sides they would get through it faster.

OOG: Please send in both research requests to IBGA@alliancealberta.ca for further clarification on what you both are looking for. The responses to the IBGA will be posted here once PLOT works through them.

After many hours of study, Mobeus gathers himself up and takes a book to read on his descent of the stairs, in a passing way he says to Garnett "I am going to get some plants from the market, and I will pick us up some food from the Galley, continue to study here.. I will return before nightfall to the studies." he waves his hand, and makes his way down the steps reading his book while in descent.

"Much obliged," He said gratefully, sliding up his glasses and rubbing between his eyes and pinching his nose. "I now wonder how in the world my sister got so intrigued from all this; we've just gone over fungus and they is so much to digest, pardoning the pun." He chuckled lightly, then got back down to work.

It has been quite a while since Mobeus departed, but he arrives thusly with his satchel full. He smiles and waves are Garnett and pulls out some fresh meats and fresh bread. "Here, enjoy your food, we may be here a while... have you found anything?" Mobeus holds his finger up for a moment, "Oh right, I took a trip around town and gathered several local examples of fungi, perhaps that will be of some assistance in your research." he pulls out several vials containing different specimens, "Nothing quite exact to what we were dealing with, but a solid start... now back to the reading I guess.." Mobeus quickly loses himself in his books, focused on Mycology.

After several days of research Mobeus closes the book he was reading, "So it would seem we should be alright, but to be on the safe side you should burn your affected clothing. It seems to be the means these spread.. but nothing too serious yet. What concerns me is the wording I've read about non-humanoids.. Alas, I think I've my fill of researching mushrooms.. I will return to my own research now." He nods his head and moves himself to another part of the library, before writing some information in a letter.

"Aye, that seems to be what I'm gathering." He frowned slightly. "It's a good thing then also it's all packed up still then, just need to add the brushes to that bundle and set it ablaze. I really did like that shirt." He frowned mildly then shrugged. He writes up a letter and then keeps it on him to deliver to Thewind when he sees him again, but taking up his studies begins to look through several activities seriously still in the book he found about the mushrooms.

Mar enters the tower goes carefull not to go to far lest he go beyond his clearance as a member of the home guard. Pausing he stops the first person he sees "excuse me i'm looking for ixit the lore master" he asks softly "I need help researching a personal matter"

A small goblin with blonde hair tied up in a top knot weaves his way through the stacks of books, desks and students to reach the entrance of the Library. "'ello! I am ze Lore Mazter of diz Library. I am Ixit. What can I 'elp you wit?" he says is that thick goblin accent that time has still not had a chance to scrub from him.

Hearing the sound of Ixit's voice, Mobeus immediately gathers himself up and takes his leave. He open's the door to the entrance of the Library and quietly makes his way down the stairs. Every step taking him farther away, his demeanour relaxed. "I should head back now.." is all that is heard on his descent.

Mar bows low "nice to meet you master ixit i am mar sargeant of the home guard from parsons breach i was hoping you could help me research an elven symbol" he says softly before showign ixit the symbol on the back of his neck "i know not where it came from but i have the feeling that understanding its meaning will help me figure that out"

"Well den. At least you 'ave someting we can 'ave a look at eh?" the little goblin smiles. "Come along. We 'ave a bit of a climb a'ead of us." he points up several storeys. Ixit starts to make his way to the stairs, turning to see if the Sergeant is following.

Mar follows slowly "that we do" he says keeping pace with the loremaster "though i'll have to leave sometime in the next few days to report back to parsons"

"If you 'ave some'ting to go do, we can alwayz 'elp you out by drawering de symbol and researching it. Dis will take time to draw doh as we 'ave to make sure every line is correct and all da detailz are right. Even da simplest of ink strokes can mean da difference between a Symbol of Power and just anudder pretty picture." Ixit motions over a scribe. "Get your inks and your good magnifizer glass tingy. You 'ave some'ting to drawers."

He motions for Mar to have a seat."Place your 'ead on da table. 'e will need some good light and you to remain perfectly still while 'e drawers dat tat."

Mar nods taking the position described "thank you and i'm sorry for appearing rushed i just need to be back in parsons for next weekend" he says softly closing his eyes and concentrating on staying still

After an hour of sitting still the scribe tells Ixit he is done. "Well, dat's it! We should 'ave some words on it for you soon. Check back if you can after you are done at da Breach. 'opefully by den we 'ave some new for you, good or bad."

With that Ixit moves on to his next task in the Library, leaving Mar to head off to the Breach.

Mar arrives back in the library and speaks to the first attendant he could find "if he's not to busy could you let lore master ixit know i'm here?" he asks softly "he was looking into something for me."

Lore Master Ixit comes around a corner carrying a pile of books that almost reach past his head. "'allo Serjent! I see you 'ave made it back from da Breach. Now let me find my notes." he sets his pile of books on the table with a resounding thud that draws irritated looks from many of the students and scholars in the immediate vicinity. Either Ixit does not notice the stares or does not care, he just starts digging through his stack of books and finds the drawing taken a few weeks back. He reads over the notes on the page, and it appears he reads them several times. His face scrunches up as though he doesn't fully understand what the notes say.

He looks up to Mar and just says "Well, de notes don't really say much it seems. De drawerings on your neck is not just a tattoo. It seems like it is some kind of Rune. A Rune is a magical symbol, if you didn't know dat. De notes just say it tis a Elven Rune. De notes don't say anyt'ing more. Just Elven Rune. Well, de notes do say Ancient. I guess dat means dey are older than us!" he half laughs at his own little joke.

"I guess if you want to you could go t'rou da Runes section of de books 'ere, but dat could take you a long time. De notes on de page say dis scholar took nearly two weeks just to find dat symbol was dis Ancient Elven Rune. And dis guy knows his stuff and where to look. Not sure dat der is more 'ere to even read." he looks at Mar with a hint of sympathy upon his face. "But unless der is more you need, I do 'ave to get to some reading for de Arche Maj." Ixit makes a sidelong glance at the pile of books on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back