Bearatauraphobia

is not real. No level of Bearataur-inspired fear is irrational.

I dare anyone to challenge my crushing, vice-like logical grip.

I approve of this message,

and cannot deny the strength of its argument.

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
is not real. No level of Bearataur-inspired fear is irrational.

I'm confused... did you mean "No level of Bearataur-inspired fear is rational." or "Any level of Bearataur-inspired fear is irrational." otherwise your statement seems to go against the "is not real" statement... unless Bearatauraphobia is the opposite of all other phobias and has nothing to do with fear all together. OR... i am a crazy bearatauraphobe.

ah... i see. then i suppose I do not have bearatauraphobia.. as my concerns are completely validated by the logical understanding that bearataur is one mean MF.

Bearatauraphobia is not real. No level of Bearataur-inspired fear is irrational.

I think your message is superfluous; clearly this truth is self-evident.

theotherdan said:
Bearatauraphobia is not real. No level of Bearataur-inspired fear is irrational.

I think your message is superfluous; clearly this truth is self-evident.

The Declaration of Independence cites itself as stating a self-evident truth; sometimes something self-evident is not also immediately evident, but only becomes obvious in retrospect. I feel that this golden truth bears the spotlight of plain statement. Many people can benefit from having something obviously axiomatic laid out before them so that they can know, and not merely sense its perfect exactness.

really there is no reason to fear bearatuar... here is some documented evidence that he is a peaceful and loving creature. He only brings joy and happiness

bearataur_of_happy.jpg

The Bearataur -- much like the angler fish or the gold digger -- may present itself as something desirable or cuddly. It is neither of these things.

-Dan "Bearataurologist Extraordinaire" Beshers

Are you meaning to suggest that the balloons are merely a decoy for some gruesome and hideous death?

I don't know what was desirable in that photo. That may have been the most frightening thing I have seen in a very long time. I honestly got wierded out by that and am now literally cuddling with my cat trying to feel better.

Jevedor said:
really there is no reason to fear bearatuar... here is some documented evidence that he is a peaceful and loving creature. He only brings joy and happiness

bearataur_of_happy.jpg

I want this poster for my office at work, and I will refuse to explain it or apologize for it.

oh jeremy you and your crazy photoshoping ways
that has to be the most disturbing picture i have seen in a very long time
and gary, to think of that picture at your work is just awesome and makes me laugh.

Deadlands said:
Jevedor said:

bearataur_of_happy.jpg

I want this poster for my office at work, and I will refuse to explain it or apologize for it.

This.

I'm just uhh...well...I sorta thought a Bearotaur was half man half bear...where did we get the horsey legs out of it? the balloons and rainbow made me smile though...made me think of care bears...WHOAH>>>CAREBEARS......RAINBOWS AND BALLOONS!!! BEAROTAURS ALL OF THEM!!!!

Jezebel said:
I don't know what was desirable in that photo. That may have been the most frightening thing I have seen in a very long time. I honestly got wierded out by that and am now literally cuddling with my cat trying to feel better.

lol

Deadlands said:

lol again

syra pefferfoot said:
oh jeremy you and your crazy photoshoping ways
that has to be the most disturbing picture i have seen in a very long time
and gary, to think of that picture at your work is just awesome and makes me laugh.

*bows*

Sunnfire said:

indeed

The "-taur" in minotaur comes from the Greek word "tauros", meaning "bull", and also found in modern English+ as a bull constellation (and astrological sign) and a moderately successful sedan.

The centaur "-taur" is unrelated, stemming from an unknown origin of a clan of horse riding marauders. The half-man natures of both creatures is a coincidence.

The actual name of the Bearataur drawn from Greek roots would be likely be arktohipp, although such a creature might have been envisioned as having the body and rear legs of a horse blinding into the front legs, torso and head of a bear; even early depictions of centaurs fir this mold that the griffin, hippogriff, various hippocampi and other Greek mash-up monsters.

Back