Bearatauraphobia

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
The "-taur" in minotaur comes from the Greek word "tauros", meaning "bull", and also found in modern English+ as a bull constellation (and astrological sign) and a moderately successful sedan.

The centaur "-taur" is unrelated, stemming from an unknown origin of a clan of horse riding marauders. The half-man natures of both creatures is a coincidence.

The actual name of the Bearataur drawn from Greek roots would be likely be arktohipp, although such a creature might have been envisioned as having the body and rear legs of a horse blinding into the front legs, torso and head of a bear; even early depictions of centaurs fir this mold that the griffin, hippogriff, various hippocampi and other Greek mash-up monsters.

Oh for christsake...

Jeremy,

I will find someway to reward you if you can get that for me as a poster. I could make an argument that gobbies are appropriate, since it will bring me pleasure and stress relief while I'm speaking with someone about a custody case and I get to look at them while they see it, and cannot look away, but Jaimi would probably yell at me.

lol, i didnt think you were actually serious, in that remark. but hmmm let me think. I doubt i can make a large one, certainly not the size of the poster i made for npc camp as the resolution is way to low. I may be able to put get a small poster.. 8 x 11.. or so.. not sure.. i will poke around some print websites and see what i find. I make no promises though.

i want one too

Back
Top Bottom